• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Two Local Thread

Wombat

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
wombat - intent for what?  As in, was it a tackle, part of the melee, or what?

Bear in mind that CCF have informed CCFRI that they're quite happy to take action against any player that publicly slams a referee - (such as calling a ref biased) - should a complaint be made.

Of course, CCF's track record demonstrates they're more likely to slam the referee for making the complaint....regardless, just thought I'd point that out.  I'm not taking a position on what you said, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to point out that even on here, there can be consequences (so there's no surprises in the unlikely event it comes to that).

Woy Woy player was bearing down on under hit pass (I was sweeping) he pushed it past me at pace and I nudged him with my knee as he went past.  He made the most of it as the keeper got to the ball first and he rolled a few times.  The Woy Woy players and crowd made a fuss.
Basically it was a professional tap and as they last man I could have been sent of BUT the Ref called me over and said..."You didn't make contact but you tried to so i'm booking you for the intent".
I kopped it sweet because I did clip him and was glad it wasn't red but some of my team mates said you can't be booked for intent.
Over to you Capt??

marinermick

Wombat said:
Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
wombat - intent for what?  As in, was it a tackle, part of the melee, or what?

Bear in mind that CCF have informed CCFRI that they're quite happy to take action against any player that publicly slams a referee - (such as calling a ref biased) - should a complaint be made.

Of course, CCF's track record demonstrates they're more likely to slam the referee for making the complaint....regardless, just thought I'd point that out.  I'm not taking a position on what you said, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to point out that even on here, there can be consequences (so there's no surprises in the unlikely event it comes to that).

Woy Woy player was bearing down on under hit pass (I was sweeping) he pushed it past me at pace and I nudged him with my knee as he went past.  He made the most of it as the keeper got to the ball first and he rolled a few times.  The Woy Woy players and crowd made a fuss.
Basically it was a professional tap and as they last man I could have been sent of BUT the Ref called me over and said..."You didn't make contact but you tried to so i'm booking you for the intent".
I kopped it sweet because I did clip him and was glad it wasn't red but some of my team mates said you can't be booked for intent.
Over to you Capt??

FFS, this is the type of reffereeing that annoys me

if the ref said you didn't touch why wasn't the woy woy player booked for simulation?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Wombat - it is a foul if you 'attempt to kick' or 'attempt to trip' an opponent, and you can be booked for this - even if you don't make contact.

Such as, making a late slide tackle or hack at an opponent, but he jumps over it - you'd probably play advantage, then book the player for the attempted trip.

So yes, if he thought you tried to put a cynical little hit on him, but missed, you can be booked for the attempt.  Obviously not being there I can't say what should've happened.

While sometimes a player will still lose footing and go to ground when trying to avoid a late challenge, it doesn't sound like that's what happened - I'm also curious as to why the player wasn't booked for simulation, if the ref (mistakenly) thought he wasn't touched - doesn't sound like the kind of situation where he may have legitimately lost his footing.  Still, I wasn't there :)

Long story short, yes you can be booked for an 'attempt', which I can only assume is what he meant :p  It sounds like you deserved the yellow anyway :D

If the keeper was definitely going to get the ball first, even if the player wasn't foulled, then there wouldn't have been a case for a red card anyway, IMO.

Kareem

Bearinator said:
Kareem said:
1st season for a while for an ex-pro GK, so give him time

pro what, snooker player? if he was a pro keeper, im still a chance
he played Egypt (and Saudi Arabia i think) div 1. Hasn't played for 3 years. Bosnich style :p
Talkin to his teammates, it was a one-off (a horrible one at that)

marinermick

Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Kareem said:

he played Egypt (and Saudi Arabia i think) div 1. Hasn't played for 3 years. Bosnich style :p

one off? he was terrible when we played him as well - couldn't catch a cold, his handling was awful

Bear

Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Kareem said:

you NEVER forget how to be a keeper, its like riding a bike. just shows that the egypt div 1 must be rubbish

marinermick said:
one off? he was terrible when we played him as well - couldn't catch a cold, his handling was awful

he saved a shot with his face, HIS FACE FFS, and it was an accident as it missed his hand when he dived

and ffs, he caught a throw in from his own team, and said "of course I can catch it, its a throw in" when i blew up. that rule came in when i was playing under 15's more than 10 years ago, so they either dont know the rules in egypt, or we are talking about a totally different person here

Kareem

egypt div1 is a pretty good level despite Al Ahli (and then Zamelek) far better than the rest.
And I think its pretty safe to assume Egypt Div 1 >>> Central Coast PL let alone All Age

Bearinator said:
just shows that the egypt div 1 must be rubbish

LMAO
ofcourse it must be. I mean when was the last thing that comp ever achieved
oh wait...African Nations Cup
If i recall that squad + Mohammed Zidan (Hamburg) pretty much won that tournament against sides I thought were better at the time (eg. Ivory Coast + Ghana).
But hey maybe by your logic that just means African football is rubbish I mean Africans suck dont they?
Which means Drogba, half of Arsenal, Essien, Eto'o are rubbish etc.

How did A-league squad go again, oh wait we lost to a sub standard Asian side- good work A-league

I must be fair
I have never watched a full game of Egyptian football- but facts rarely lie

marinermick

given that kareem you friend must be lying to you

i have played keeper at an elite level myself, been coached by some of the best goalkeeper coaches in australias, and in turn coached other keepers

there is no way he played keeper at that level - his handling is poor, is technique is rubbish, his reading of play is more than average and he plays by rules scrapped more than ten years ago

Kareem

marinermick said:
given that kareem you friend must be lying to you

i have played keeper at an elite level myself, been coached by some of the best goalkeeper coaches in australias, and in turn coached other keepers

there is no way he played keeper at that level - his handling is poor, is technique is rubbish, his reading of play is more than average and he plays by rules scrapped more than ten years ago
I belive him
but your assumption is more logical and straightforward than Bear's. If I didn't personally know him and read this forum I would agree!
But absolute ROFL at calling Egyptian league rubbish- i'm still chuckling 20 mins later.

Awaits Bear's retort- But Adelaide beat Al Ahly :p

marinermick

but bear can be right as well

either:
- he is lying
or
- the egyptian league is rubbish

i also find the latter much harder to believe

Ted

In our keepers defence he had a blinder in R1, whereas R2 was the total opposite.

Kareem

marinermick said:
but bear can be right as well

either:
- he is lying
or
- the egyptian league is rubbish

i also find the latter much harder to believe
hmmm id ont agree 100% with that statement

I would like to call John Aloi$i to the stand :p

Before: A player who played in the 3 major leagues of Europe, scored 1 world cup goal, 1 WCQ penalty etc.
After: Sydney FC season

Can you honestly tell me
if you saw John Aloi$i (and didnt know it was him) playing ALL Age on the coast and missing those shots (eg. Perth Glory game), you wouldnt think he was lying
Difference here is that there exists extensive proof that (shivers) Aloi$i was once good
Not many players are capable of imploding that badly but John Aloi$i has to be the poster boy doesnt he?
And I am still at a loss to explain those misses
I maintain there is always an exception to the rule.

PS. Apologies to gk for comparing him to Aloi$i- was an unfair thing to do! :p

PPS. not trying to convince you GK is telling truth. Just trying to say it is possible (and offer an explanation to my 'naivety')

Paolo

Wilson..I wasn't there but I was informed that budgie had a player sent off during the game and that budgie equalised late with a penalty.

Ressies
Gos 2-4 budgie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred