• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Two Local Thread

Sym

Kareem said:
But hey maybe by your logic that just means African football is rubbish I mean Africans suck dont they?
Which means Drogba, half of Arsenal, Essien, Eto'o are rubbish etc.

lol that bit makes me laugh

marinermick

Kareem said:
marinermick said:
but bear can be right as well

either:
- he is lying
or
- the egyptian league is rubbish

i also find the latter much harder to believe
hmmm id ont agree 100% with that statement

I would like to call John Aloi$i to the stand :p

Before: A player who played in the 3 major leagues of Europe, scored 1 world cup goal, 1 WCQ penalty etc.
After: Sydney FC season

Can you honestly tell me
if you saw John Aloi$i (and didnt know it was him) playing ALL Age on the coast and missing those shots (eg. Perth Glory game), you wouldnt think he was lying
Difference here is that there exists extensive proof that (shivers) Aloi$i was once good
Not many players are capable of imploding that badly but John Aloi$i has to be the poster boy doesnt he?
And I am still at a loss to explain those misses
I maintain there is always an exception to the rule.

PS. Apologies to gk for comparing him to Aloi$i- was an unfair thing to do! :p

PPS. not trying to convince you GK is telling truth. Just trying to say it is possible (and offer an explanation to my 'naivety')

yes, but john aloisi stopped performing at a-league level, a comp you said is lower than the egyptian level

this keeper is not performing at AA6 level

i am sure if you put aloisi in AA6s he would score a mountain of goals every game

marinermick

by the way, what is his name and what club did he supposedly play for in egypt?

i am sure these things can be researched over the net

Kareem

kanewillow said:
egyptian div 1 to central coast AA6 and letting 5 in your mouth must taste bad talking s**t all the time kareem
huh?
dont fully understand that post (2nd half)
but I dont think he realised the level of All Age 2 (was originally wat he agreed to play). They thn got dropped to MAA6.
Tbh for GK its not so bad, our reserve grade GK played MAA6 last season and has been impressive. He has just had to adjust at faster pace, the need for good distribution etc. But making saves is making saves (which is something he did a lot with his team last season!)

Kareem

marinermick said:

do u have an arabic keyboard, and speak arabic?
I would probably need him to speak to my mum (or write down things in arabic) and get my mum to search (I dont understand arabic). There are no english pages that I could find.
+ could only narrow it down to 2 or 3 clubs (apart from al ahli and zamelek they all sound the same, I couldnt tell difference :p)

Might try to find out on Friday!

marinermick

Kareem said:
marinermick said:

Might try to find out on Friday!

cool, thanks kareem

then we can find out for sure instead of just speculating

northernspirit

can of worms.......

Kareem he is a nice bloke but seriously not a pro keeper, 2 games of the season proper - 1 was a blinder the other a complete shambles... fingers crossed its a one off!

Kareem

ok
i will pass on
name, club, dates,
you can look urself in english
I will get my mum or uncle to look

W

Wilson

Paolo said:
Wilson..I wasn't there but I was informed that budgie had a player sent off during the game and that budgie equalised late with a penalty.

Ressies
Gos 2-4 budgie

Well I was there and think that Fitzy has a strong team and that they are very well coached. Both the goals for Budgewoi were hotly disputed and the two goals for Gosford were from defensive errors. Budgey dominated the game and the Gosford keeper had an outstanding game!!
All the goals were in the first half and Budgey had a man sent off with 25 mins to go. They then had a goal disallowed for no apparent reason. The referee indicated that the keeper had been fouled but there ws not a player within 6 yards of him..Fairly ordinary game with Jared Reed from Killarney and the Gosford keeper being the best on ground..3 cheers for Fitzy..

T

Wilson said:
Paolo said:
Wilson..I wasn't there but I was informed that budgie had a player sent off during the game and that budgie equalised late with a penalty.

Ressies
Gos 2-4 budgie

Well I was there and think that Fitzy has a strong team and that they are very well coached. Both the goals for Budgewoi were hotly disputed and the two goals for Gosford were from defensive errors. Budgey dominated the game and the Gosford keeper had an outstanding game!!
All the goals were in the first half and Budgey had a man sent off with 25 mins to go. They then had a goal disallowed for no apparent reason. The referee indicated that the keeper had been fouled but there ws not a player within 6 yards of him..Fairly ordinary game with Jared Reed from Killarney and the Gosford keeper being the best on ground..3 cheers for Fitzy..

I believe the goal was disallowed for offside, but I wasn't there, just heard it from the Gos player who scored the first goal.
Now that most of the Gos team have got their tempers under control they are a much better side.

And leaving a man free on the back post is always a mistake :D

W

Wilson

T said:
Wilson said:
Paolo said:

Ressies
Gos 2-4 budgie

I believe the goal was disallowed for offside, but I wasn't there, just heard it from the Gos player who scored the first goal.
Now that most of the Gos team have got their tempers under control they are a much better side.

And leaving a man free on the back post is always a mistake :D

No the ref said push I asked Gordie after the game

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Maybe it was something that happened before the shot was taken?  The ref sees it because he's looking ahead, but the players generally watch the ball so by the time they look at the keeper, the foul's over and done with and the offending player's moved away (we get that with offside, the AR may be in line and see, correctly, that a player is onside but because he's sprinting at full speed, by the time he gets the ball, which is when the crowd sees him, they just see him 5 yards behind the defence thus abuse the AR).

Just throwing a possibility out there - if no player was within a few yards when the goal was scored, then the push had to have occurred before you were looking at the keeper.

Or Gordie could've also forgotten what it was for and given you the wrong answer :D

Wombat

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Wombat - it is a foul if you 'attempt to kick' or 'attempt to trip' an opponent, and you can be booked for this - even if you don't make contact.

Such as, making a late slide tackle or hack at an opponent, but he jumps over it - you'd probably play advantage, then book the player for the attempted trip.

So yes, if he thought you tried to put a cynical little hit on him, but missed, you can be booked for the attempt.  Obviously not being there I can't say what should've happened.

While sometimes a player will still lose footing and go to ground when trying to avoid a late challenge, it doesn't sound like that's what happened - I'm also curious as to why the player wasn't booked for simulation, if the ref (mistakenly) thought he wasn't touched - doesn't sound like the kind of situation where he may have legitimately lost his footing.  Still, I wasn't there :)

Long story short, yes you can be booked for an 'attempt', which I can only assume is what he meant :p  It sounds like you deserved the yellow anyway :D

If the keeper was definitely going to get the ball first, even if the player wasn't foulled, then there wouldn't have been a case for a red card anyway, IMO.

Thanks Capt.  It was a foul and I did deliberately attempt to trip him as I was flat footed from my team-mates shocking pass and his balance was good.
Sounds like I deserved the card just disappointed, as last season was my first in about 15 years without a yellow!  Still it was cynical so i'm suitable rebuked.

As to the Woy Woy player getting booked..i'd have been surprised as Ref is a Woy Woy local and sent off our best player in the melee without even booking their player who started it.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

All refs are going to be a local for one area or other.

I've refereed with that official quite a few times (inspected him a couple of times as well), a number of times involving Woy Woy and I've seenjavascript:void(0); no sign of bias towards that club.

I can think of a number of possibilities for why the ref made the decisions you mentioned, but they're simply hypotheticals - melees, for instance - different officials treat differnet actions differently, some will only focus on one player, some are soft on the guy who started it, some just hate to pull out cards for all the above.  I'm none of those people!  :redcard: :yellowcard: :redcard: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: - then there's the problem of identifying players, who knows-
obviously I've got no idea what actually happened :)

Oh well, roll on next weekend ;-)

Bear

Kareem said:
marinermick said:
given that kareem you friend must be lying to you

i have played keeper at an elite level myself, been coached by some of the best goalkeeper coaches in australias, and in turn coached other keepers

there is no way he played keeper at that level - his handling is poor, is technique is rubbish, his reading of play is more than average and he plays by rules scrapped more than ten years ago
I belive him
but your assumption is more logical and straightforward than Bear's. If I didn't personally know him and read this forum I would agree!
But absolute ROFL at calling Egyptian league rubbish- i'm still chuckling 20 mins later.

Awaits Bear's retort- But Adelaide beat Al Ahly :p

and my retort.......

even i scored past him

enough said

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member