• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Two local league thread

dibo

marinators expats in the ESFA 5th division had a 0-0 draw against maccabi hakoah at centennial park in nothing short of foul weather. it was dead set pissing down for much of the first half and at least raining for all bar maybe 15 minutes of the match. i've mashed something in my right foot for the second time in three weeks, so it's going to be rainbow bruise territory again...

and word from the marinators women in the nwsws something or other division (that is, the one i share a room with! :p) is that they had a big win (7-0 they think), and for that team it's the first win since sometime before last season so my dearest has had a good win in the second match of her debut season.

Atomic

roonytunes said:
seu 35d's won 2-1 against umina - who had won 7-4 the week before. Solid effort by all the guys, no woodwork and and only a soft goal at the end. defend well, pass out short and the goals will come...ole!

It was us (i.e. Woy Woy) that lost to Umina 7-4 in round 1. We beat Avoca(1) 3-2 on Saturday an we play you guys next Saturday. We dont have a problem scoring goals and we've certainly tightened up our defence from Rd1. We are a relatively new team so I'm looking forward to the game to see where we stand, form-wise.

kanewillow

entrance all age 8 lost 3-1 the un-offical ref awarded after the scorer told him he was off side by a good 10 mtrs

roonytunes

Atomic said:
roonytunes said:
seu 35d's won 2-1 against umina - who had won 7-4 the week before. Solid effort by all the guys, no woodwork and and only a soft goal at the end. defend well, pass out short and the goals will come...ole!

It was us (i.e. Woy Woy) that lost to Umina 7-4 in round 1. We beat Avoca(1) 3-2 on Saturday an we play you guys next Saturday. We dont have a problem scoring goals and we've certainly tightened up our defence from Rd1. We are a relatively new team so I'm looking forward to the game to see where we stand, form-wise.

I actually read the match report of that game on the Umina site - you were 5-0 down at half time and came back to 5-4 before they nabbed a few more later in the game, so good effort regardless. See`ya on Saturday - Ill be working in left midfield. The Kincumber teams,1 and 2 seem pretty strong, kin2 beating gosford 3-1 after gosford won 6-0 the week before. Terrigal are a very good team too - we somehow clawed a 0-0 result against them in the first round, theyre fast and they press a lot more than umina do.

RADINHO

MarinaTed said:
RADINHO said:
MarinaTed said:
Well we faced Kariong 14Bs with only 9 players and held them nil all at half time.  :thumbup:

They used reserves through out the game and evenutally fatigue got the better of us in the 2nd half. We lost heart after the first goal and let them run away with a 10 nil win. Very impressed with our first half effort though and if we had a full squad, I think the final score would have a been very different..... 

Look forward to playing them again with a full squad...  ;)

Our team was angry and disappointed after that first half but we shuffled our midfield and forwards tactics and it worked like a charm.

Half time score: Kariong 0-0 Killarney
full time score: Kariong 10-0 Killarney

My actual aim i said to the coach was 10-0 but I felt actually disappointed with that result cause if we can score 10 in one half imagine if we played that same way with full energy but marinated must be even more disappointed with the result.
[ /quote]

Actually quite the opposite. I was very impressed with our first half effort and the fact we kept you scoreless in the first half. You had a full team (with reserves and reps) against 9 and couldn't sink one. Hmmmmm?

Fatigue got to us in the 2nd half and thus you had a field day. If' we'd had 11 on the field to begin with mate, we'd have scored in the first half...

Hopefully next time we meet things will somewhat different as we should have a full team then aund maybe even a reserve. But please stay cocky!  ;)

yea if we judge the match by the first half well then i'll take my hat off for you but true great effort and i guess u played well to keep us goaless or we played horrible and hit all the shots straight to the keeper.

RADINHO

MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
I know wat you mean...
we started with 8 agaisnt Doylo in 18B's - when we had 9 they sunk in 3 before our 10th arrived!!! 5-1 loss was good considering (and I am carrying a knee injury atm)

Yeah we had 2 injured players in our match, our right mid has a strained knee ligament and our right back played with an ankle strain. To be honest Kariong should have won 30 nil or more....

No excuses though, we lost and that is that...    :mad:

to be honest i thought 30-0 should of been the score too ;)

Kareem

far out thats gay!
21s have won every game so far when u18s have played. This week they lose...
I dont want to sound cocky but u18s are some of the better players...but since we play 18s- the bonafide 21s have priority in getting picked ahead of me (fair enough...I mean it would be wrong for me 2 play 2 games and them none!)
That said the 21s game where we won 2-0 against Kanwal I didnt do much anyway :p

Kareem

Bearinator said:
Kareem said:
I dont want to sound cocky but I am one of the better players...

Well you do...
why do I?
Would you prefer me to be modest...
here goes

Despite priding myself on being fringe Grade + my achievements with Umina over the few last years I am not worthy of a spot in 21s!

I personally prefer the more direct approach!

RADINHO

Kareem said:
far out thats gay!
21s have won every game so far when I played. This week they lose...
I dont want to sound cocky but I am one of the better players...but since I play 18s- the bonafide 21s have priority in getting picked ahead of me (fair enough...I mean it would be wrong for me 2 play 2 games and them none!)
That said the 21s game where we won 2-0 against Kanwal I didnt do much anyway :p

Obviously that coach Disagrees with Arsene Wenger's Youth Policy. lol if you are better and younger than that is 2 reasons for u 2 be played ahead of the older less talented guy.

RADINHO

Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Kareem said:

Well you do...
why do I?
here goes

Despite priding myself on being fringe Grade + my achievements with Umina over the few last years I am not worthy of a spot in 21s!

lol bearinator likes to stir...

Bear

Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Kareem said:

Well you do...
why do I?
here goes

No, I and im sure a lot of people on here would prefer you talk less about yourself and more about your teams performances. You sound like a young Ned Zelic.

kevrenor

Bearinator said:
No, I and im sure a lot of people on here would prefer you talk less about yourself and more about your teams performances. You sound like a young Ned Zelic.

:thumbup:  :popcorn:

Kareem

RADINHO said:
Kareem said:
far out thats gay!
21s have won every game so far when I played. This week they lose...
I dont want to sound cocky but I am one of the better players...but since I play 18s- the bonafide 21s have priority in getting picked ahead of me (fair enough...I mean it would be wrong for me 2 play 2 games and them none!)

Obviously that coach Disagrees with Arsene Wenger's Youth Policy. lol if you are better and younger than that is 2 reasons for u 2 be played ahead of the older less talented guy.
21s is not Grade (although it is being called '3rd grade' by a few)!!!
They are not permitted to pick me ahead of there players (could possibly get in trouble???).
It is the 21s players right to play in that comp...no matter how good I may be. Grade is different (no promises to any players)
Bearinator said:
Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Kareem said:

Well you do...
why do I?
here goes

mistake no1) Speak for yourself
2) Dont ever compare to me to a scum player  :mad:  :redcard:
3) you dont even make any sense...its a bit hard to talk about your teams performance and not yourself...

Bear

"you dont even make any sense...its a bit hard to talk about your teams performance and not yourself..."

Observe Ned...

PubBrawler said:
Maa6,s Avoca FC def Tuggerah FC at fagans 2-0, was a good game because we won again!

wow, that looked hard...

Bear

Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Observe Ned...
Mate go get a life
I warned you and if you want to be an idot then I will tell you one more time or go get stuffed!

LOL Kareem for mariners 09. Good luck champ, your going places

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred