• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Two local league thread

RADINHO

Bearinator said:
Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Observe Ned...
Mate go get a life
I warned you and if you want to be an idot then I will tell you one more time or go get stuffed!

LOL Kareem for mariners 09. Good luck champ, your going places

Bearinator 01. for mariners in cleaning the players boots or that might even be an honour for you

Atomic

roonytunes said:
Atomic said:
roonytunes said:
seu 35d's won 2-1 against umina - who had won 7-4 the week before. Solid effort by all the guys, no woodwork and and only a soft goal at the end. defend well, pass out short and the goals will come...ole!

It was us (i.e. Woy Woy) that lost to Umina 7-4 in round 1. We beat Avoca(1) 3-2 on Saturday an we play you guys next Saturday. We dont have a problem scoring goals and we've certainly tightened up our defence from Rd1. We are a relatively new team so I'm looking forward to the game to see where we stand, form-wise.

I actually read the match report of that game on the Umina site - you were 5-0 down at half time and came back to 5-4 before they nabbed a few more later in the game, so good effort regardless. See`ya on Saturday - Ill be working in left midfield. The Kincumber teams,1 and 2 seem pretty strong, kin2 beating gosford 3-1 after gosford won 6-0 the week before. Terrigal are a very good team too - we somehow clawed a 0-0 result against them in the first round, theyre fast and they press a lot more than umina do.

I'm the fat bloke posing as the goal keeper. Seeing 7 go past me against Umina was a bit of a blow to the ego but 2 against Avoca was a much better effort. Anyway, may catch up for a post-match beer.

Ted

RADINHO said:
MarinaTed said:
RADINHO said:
MarinaTed said:
Well we faced Kariong 14Bs with only 9 players and held them nil all at half time.  :thumbup:

They used reserves through out the game and evenutally fatigue got the better of us in the 2nd half. We lost heart after the first goal and let them run away with a 10 nil win. Very impressed with our first half effort though and if we had a full squad, I think the final score would have a been very different..... 

Look forward to playing them again with a full squad...  ;)

Our team was angry and disappointed after that first half but we shuffled our midfield and forwards tactics and it worked like a charm.

Half time score: Kariong 0-0 Killarney
full time score: Kariong 10-0 Killarney

My actual aim i said to the coach was 10-0 but I felt actually disappointed with that result cause if we can score 10 in one half imagine if we played that same way with full energy but marinated must be even more disappointed with the result.

Actually quite the opposite. I was very impressed with our first half effort and the fact we kept you scoreless in the first half. You had a full team (with reserves and reps) against 9 and couldn't sink one. Hmmmmm?

Fatigue got to us in the 2nd half and thus you had a field day. If' we'd had 11 on the field to begin with mate, we'd have scored in the first half...

Hopefully next time we meet things will somewhat different as we should have a full team then aund maybe even a reserve. But please stay cocky!  ;)

yea if we judge the match by the first half well then i'll take my hat off for you but true great effort and i guess u played well to keep us goaless or we played horrible and hit all the shots straight to the keeper.

The fact remains you had a 2 man advantage on the field and reserves and still failed to score in the first half..... We pressured you into silly misakes and rushed shots and it worked well for us. Some of your players couldn't hit the side of the barn, while others were very dangerous with the boot. We reshuffled players in the 2nd half and this was to be our downfall as we lost all shape, had virtually no midfield and way too many backs.....

Next time gadget, we'll get you next time....

Paolo

Gosford had a decent day at the office yesterday.
Reserve Grade won 1-0
In first grade i had my first start at left back and we won 2-1

Scores in both grades were flattering for terrigal as scores could have been much different, but both fairly good games from a football perspective, both teams in 1st grade passed the ball around well.

p.s +1 to what bear has been saying

Kareem

keensy said:
p.s +1 to what bear has been saying
i think u shouldnt weigh into the stupid things he is sayin...its bad enough I get one person having a go at me and why on earth do u need to even comment on it? :yellowcard:

keensy said:
In first grade i had my first start at left back PS. shhhh stop talkin about yourself- its not allowed! :yellowcard:
:redcard:

Gopher of Pern

There is a big difference between:
keensy said:
Reserve Grade won 1-0

And:
Kareem said:
far out thats gay!
21s have won every game so far when I played. This week they lose...
I dont want to sound cocky but I am one of the better players...but since I play 18s- the bonafide 21s have priority in getting picked ahead of me (fair enough...I mean it would be wrong for me 2 play 2 games and them none!)
That said the 21s game where we won 2-0 against Kanwal I didnt do much anyway :p

There you are implying that the team only wins because of you. Keensy is only telling us he made it into first grade.

Onto the topic.

Good game by Avoca AA6's. 2-0 up at half time, but then 2 injuries in the second half brought us down to 10 men, and only luck and scrambling defence, as well as some good saves from our keeper kept our clean sheet for the season. [sarcasm] The win was all down to me though. I unselfishly passed the ball to another player to score the second goal, I was also on the bench for the first, letting the sub have a go. I also blocked a shot. GO ME!!![/sarcasm]

See the difference there?

Anyways, Coast, did you play? I can't find the results of the Woy Woy/Ourimbah match. Then again, cant find the first woy woy match either...

Paolo

Lol, i think you should not tell me what to do, if i agree with his comment thats my choice.

And as gopher just mentioned my comment is very different and isn't talking myself up, just mentions which game i played in and that it was my first start.

Bear

keensy said:
Lol, i think you should not tell me what to do, if i agree with his comment thats my choice.

And as gopher just mentioned my comment is very different and isn't talking myself up, just mentions which game i played in and that it was my first start.

:goodpost:

Its really not hard to talk about your team and your game without saying how good you are huh. Some people just cant take a hint

Paolo

Bearinator said:
keensy said:

:goodpost:

Its really not hard to talk about your team and your game without saying how good you are huh. Some people just cant take a hint
oh i 4got to mention....i was teh shit, i means i was teh bst playa on mi side, i dnts wana tlk myself up but im itz tru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kareem

Gopher of Pern said:
There is a big difference between:
keensy said:
Reserve Grade won 1-0

And:
Kareem said:
far out thats gay!
21s have won every game so far when I played. This week they lose...
I dont want to sound cocky but I am one of the better players...but since I play 18s- the bonafide 21s have priority in getting picked ahead of me (fair enough...I mean it would be wrong for me 2 play 2 games and them none!)
That said the 21s game where we won 2-0 against Kanwal I didnt do much anyway :p

There you are implying that the team only wins because of you. Keensy is only telling us he made it into first grade.
lol
no way on earth does the team 'only win' becasue of me.
Last week the team probs only won due 2 players in attack (one scoring a hattrick) + other with a hefty presence in mids! Not to mention an outstanding match by the sweeper who is CM in our 18s team (hence the nil score last week).

Gopher of Pern said:
Good game by Avoca AA6's. 2-0 up at half time, but then 2 injuries in the second half brought us down to 10 men, and only luck and scrambling defence, as well as some good saves from our keeper kept our clean sheet for the season. [sarcasm] The win was all down to me though. I unselfishly passed the ball to another player to score the second goal, I was also on the bench for the first, letting the sub have a go. I also blocked a shot. GO ME!!![/sarcasm]

See the difference there?
Go and get a LIFE!
I really dont see the point of u being an idiot and weighing into som,ething that doesnt concern you and making stupid comments!You are despicable!
keensy said:

far out ur + gopher's mentality is comparable to scum!
I wasnt talkin myself up...but if Bearinator doesnt want me to talk about myself then noone should! Fair enough? Yes, otherwise u and anyone that thinks it is allright to do so is a hyprocrite!
AND to Bearinator...u really are acting like a dropkick! I think that you r a disgusting low life and I am ashamed to have u as a fellow mariners supporter! Honestly- you are a disgrace!!!

Kareem

keensy said:
*puts feet up and waits for bear to blast him as he is making himself a sitting duck*
congratulations on another waste of a post
almost got ur 4th star now...

Gopher of Pern

lol
no way on earth does the team 'only win' becasue of me.
Last week the team probs only won due 2 players in attack (one scoring a hattrick) + other with a hefty presence in mids! Not to mention an outstanding match by the sweeper who is CM in our 18s team (hence the nil score last week).

I never said that the team only wins coz of you, nor did I say you did. I said that you implied it.

Go and get a LIFE!
I really dont see the point of u being an idiot and weighing into som,ething that doesnt concern you and making stupid comments!You are despicable!

I was merely informing people of how my game went. If you're allowed to comment on a team that you did not play for, why can't i comment on my own team's performance? Yes there is a (not so subtle) dig at you, but you are completely overreacting to some criticism. Your original post was boastful. You cannot deny that. None of our remarks have been particularly insulting to you, unlike yours. And it's not just this thread in which you inflate yourself with such importance. You should cool it down a little. Remember: The higher you are, the harder the fall!

dibo

ease up on the personal attacks folks. play the ball, not the man. kareem, that's especially applicable to your last two posts.

BAD BULLZ

PLAYED 3 GAMES YESTERDAY

Kanwal 5's beat terrigal 6nil some great saves from the kanwal keeper scores could have been closer.

kanwal 3s went down 3-2 to ourimbah tough game we played pretty poor

kanwal 7-2s won 3-2  against woy woy very even game tho woywoy had 15 we had 10men for first 20 and were up 2nil.
after bout 15mins i started cramping like neva b4 both back of knees and both upper thighs i fell down and literally couldnt stand up kept collapsing but we got thru it.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME AND WATCHED IN THE STORM ... BIG EFFORT COONEYS U ROCK

P.S the mo hawk streak is over i did not score howeva did have a few shots that the keepers couldnt handle that allowed our boys some tap in's ..... i blame the rain cause it flattened the hair lol

ALSO GOT TOLD THAT I CAN ONLY PLAY UP ONE MORE TIME DUE TO "NEW RULE CHANGES" INSTEAD OF NO MORE THEN 4 GAMES PER TEAM (WHICH IS FAIR NUFF) ITS NOW NO MORE THEN 4 GAMES UPIN ANY GRADE (THATS f**kED I SAID AT START OF YEAR IM REGISTERING 7S SO I CAN PLAY UP ALL DAY FOR 10WEEKS GET IT OUTTA MY SYSTEM B4 AMERICA NOW I VE PAYED MY REGO AND THEY TELL ME THIS RUBBISH.

marinermick

a bit weird playing against my old club after eight years in blue and white but killarney aa2 drew 2-2 in a game of the highest all age two standard (only because i played  ;) )

probably a fair result given we squandered the better of chances and a penalty call against them was pretty harsh

enjoyed my muscat role yesterday of niggling a few of their younger blokes to the point that they retaliated and were subbed off

also have a sore ankle from kicking their striker slade all day (he also had to come off with an injury) - eggy would have been proud of me

it was also weird playing against little adz who plays futsal with us

Marinerchick

Eggy said:
PLAYED 3 GAMES YESTERDAY

Kanwal 5's beat terrigal 6nil some great saves from the kanwal keeper scores could have been closer.

kanwal 3s went down 3-2 to ourimbah tough game we played pretty poor

kanwal 7-2s won 3-2  against woy woy very even game tho woywoy had 15 we had 10men for first 20 and were up 2nil.
after bout 15mins i started cramping like neva b4 both back of knees and both upper thighs i fell down and literally couldnt stand up kept collapsing but we got thru it.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME AND WATCHED IN THE STORM ... BIG EFFORT COONEYS U ROCK

P.S the mo hawk streak is over i did not score howeva did have a few shots that the keepers couldnt handle that allowed our boys some tap in's ..... i blame the rain cause it flattened the hair lol

ALSO GOT TOLD THAT I CAN ONLY PLAY UP ONE MORE TIME DUE TO "NEW RULE CHANGES" INSTEAD OF NO MORE THEN 4 GAMES PER TEAM (WHICH IS FAIR NUFF) ITS NOW NO MORE THEN 4 GAMES UPIN ANY GRADE (THATS f**kED I SAID AT START OF YEAR IM REGISTERING 7S SO I CAN PLAY UP ALL DAY FOR 10WEEKS GET IT OUTTA MY SYSTEM B4 AMERICA NOW I VE PAYED MY REGO AND THEY TELL ME THIS RUBBISH.

eggy no problem
enjoyed standing in the rain
and watching soccer =]

BAD BULLZ

WELL DONE MICKY i hacked and got hacked so much my ankles a both purple bothmy knees were busted open bout 10mins into the first game and the little emo was winging theres blood on the ball lol his team mate told him to grow a set and just play the game lol wasnt till the 3rd game linesman allerted ref i had blood on my elbow but the ref saw it said it was dry and ok.New kanwal grounds are very unforgiving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred