• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round One Local Thread

Peachos

mariners4ever said:
Peachos said:
bit of both really
they werent the best side youll ever see, and weve improved so much, especially in the midfield

did you guys get any new players, how many left the club from last year ??
yeah, we got a few new players, much better than the spastics we had last year, we had 2 good players leave, but i was playing keeper last year as i was dual registered for 16A's and 17's, now just 18's and im playing outfield (where i play much better)
overall its a better team though

T

Gos Prem drew with Umina 4all, even though they were down to 10 men for the last 20mins. Gos lead most of the game, and had 1 player playing with concussion for the 2nd half

PubBrawler

Maa5 Avoca 1 all draw with Mountains, 80% of the game in there box or end but just couldn,t kill them off, they defended well!

Davo

Kareem said:
well just went to watch Wyoming vs SEU- u21s
thats Herbs team...
i predicted a win- but not like this
lost count after 7-0 halftime
I think end score was 15-18...nil!
given that a red card was recieved 3 mins into 2nd half (SEU player took down WMG attacker last man)
and 3-4 goals offside in 2nd half
still major mismatch in which Wyoming were in cruise control
1st half was just crazy!

Haha yeah Wyoming 21's won 17-0 against Southern Ettalong.  Great start to the season!

Jolly_Roger

Davo said:
Kareem said:
thats Herbs team...
given that a red card was recieved 3 mins into 2nd half (SEU player took down WMG attacker last man)
1st half was just crazy!

Haha yeah Wyoming 21's won 17-0 against Southern Ettalong.  Great start to the season!

its a pity these mismatches are occuring. i would suggest that teams are making up the numbers with younger players and getting a hiding for the trouble.

i am still a little unsure about this division

Wombat

Kariong O35 B.  "The Relics" started the season with nice 3pts.

Fairly easy win against a very decent SEU side.

2.0 at half time and finished same score.  We probably should have had 4 and they hit the post in 2nd half.  Played in a good spirit...no yellows.

Davo

Jolly_Roger said:
Davo said:
Kareem said:
thats Herbs team...
1st half was just crazy!

its a pity these mismatches are occuring. i would suggest that teams are making up the numbers with younger players and getting a hiding for the trouble.

i am still a little unsure about this division

They weren't actually too bad a side, they showed signs of confidence but just lacked structure and experience.  The did have some younger players which I think will improve each week.

Kareem

hmmm
from wat I know
5 players borrowed from u17s apparently
and every1 except 1 or 2 r were u19 years (that said, so was the whole Tuggerah 1st grade side)
add to it new team + fact they are facing a club who is very strong at this point in time, with many u21 players who IMO would easily walk into div1 (PREM 2) Reserve grade sides- its a shame
oh- 3 players missing in that match. Star striker + CB (rate him very highly)
but honestly even at full strength with no red cards
6-8 goals vs 1 or 2
this Wyoming team could challenge for the treble amongst the grades...

Kareem

OUFC def Tuggerah in 1st grade
4-1
it was 4-0 at halftime, and Tuggerah eventually got a well deserved goal
the boys were up 3-0 after 15 mins due to a hattrick from our striker (tap in, left foot 15 yard strike + 30 yard long range strike)

Ted

northernspirit said:
Killarney AA6 1 - Woy Woy AA6 1
far better game from the boys this week, goal nicely taken by Dimitri following a through ball from yours truly but we unfortunately let in a scrappy goal later on

P.S: That ref was shite! lol

So 2 yellows was it?

BAD BULLZ

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:
2-1 bullz over kincumber down 1nil early playing like shite but we i never got that feeling we would lose 5 to go we scored 2  very strong 2nd half :fireup: :eek:verhead:

kanewillow

ohwell the entrance AA8s started with a win over gwadaland 2-1
there goal was a screamer of a free kick
our first was scored off a poor back pass our striker pounced on
second was a screamer lol penalty won and finished  by one of the best in the game (kanewillow;))

northernspirit

Ted said:
northernspirit said:
far better game from the boys this week, goal nicely taken by Dimitri following a through ball from yours truly but we unfortunately let in a scrappy goal later on

So 2 yellows was it?
yeah mate, first for dissent and the second for a meaty challenge - ben was also carded for dissent

Gopher of Pern

northernspirit said:
Ted said:
northernspirit said:

So 2 yellows was it?
yeah mate, first for dissent and the second for a meaty challenge - ben was also carded for dissent

I think Ben was for bad language, not dissent, as i checked after the game, and they had 2 different code numbers. The second yellow was the softest one I've ever seen.

Ted

Gopher of Pern said:
northernspirit said:
Ted said:
northernspirit said:

So 2 yellows was it?

I think Ben was for bad language, not dissent, as i checked after the game, and they had 2 different code numbers. The second yellow was the softest one I've ever seen.

Yeah have heard the single yellow to one of our players was for colourful language that was not directed at anyone. The player that got 2 yellows got his 2nd for a studs up challenge. What was the first was for?

Did Woy Woy score after we had a player sent off?

I am more worried about the 'after game celebrations' that occured with the ref.

Gopher of Pern

The first was for dissent. Not sure exactly what happened but he mouthed off after he thought he was fouled. Woy Woy didn't score after the red, we held out and even had a chance or too, even though we were buggered.

Ziggy

Hilly
Ourimbah AA9's were never told that that game was moved to EGO they were told it was cancelled!!! Ourimbah AA9 is my husbands team and he is very pissed off because they all wanted to play!

Ted

Gopher of Pern said:
The first was for dissent. Not sure exactly what happened but he mouthed off after he thought he was fouled. Woy Woy didn't score after the red, we held out and even had a chance or too, even though we were buggered.

Fair enough. I just heard we got 4 yellows in the game and that 'the man with the power' didn't know the difference between a direct or an indirect kick. When 2 players questioned him on this, he gave them yellows?

Even though the Captain is meant to converse with the ref, reaching for your cards when asked a question is lame IMO.

Bit harsh if that is how it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred