• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round One Local Thread

northernspirit

yeah he was on a power trip big time, wanted to stamp his authority on the game and in doing so was WAY too heavy handed... in saying that we need to shut up and accept the decision, doesnt matter what we say it isnt going to change, we cant afford players being carded

dibo

Ted said:
Even though the Captain is meant to converse with the ref, reaching for your cards when asked a question is lame IMO.

Bit harsh if that is how it is.

the captain has no special right to speak to the referee. the referee's decision is final and any dissent by word or action can be punished.

not saying dissent is never 'unjustified' in the real world, just that they're the laws of the game.

Ted

dibo said:
Ted said:
Even though the Captain is meant to converse with the ref, reaching for your cards when asked a question is lame IMO.

the captain has no special right to speak to the referee. the referee's decision is final and any dissent by word or action can be punished.

not saying dissent is never 'unjustified' in the real world, just that they're the laws of the game.

I agree mate, but a ref should 'know the rules' and the be able to tell difference between awarding a indirect or a direct free kick and when and why each should be given. Giving yellow cards to players questioning him about his decision when he has has no clue and being paid for it is simply wrong.

So this means a ref can show a card when ever he pleases without any reason and no one can question why?

By all accounts a player got a yellow for dissent, then he made a challenge the ref deemed as studs up even thoguh the other team denied it as being dangerous or studs up and sent him off with a 2nd yellow in as many minutes?

hilly1981

Ziggy said:
Hilly
Ourimbah AA9's were never told that that game was moved to EGO they were told it was cancelled!!! Ourimbah AA9 is my husbands team and he is very pissed off because they all wanted to play!

That really sucks. If I were in your husbands shoes I would be pretty damn pissed as well.

I had a feeling there may have been a miscommunication or something, since not 1 player from Ourimbah showed up. Any ideas who advised that the game was canned and not moved? We were advised early saturday afternoon that the game was shifted to EGO for a 9am kickoff.

mariners4ever

hilly1981 said:
Ziggy said:
Hilly
Ourimbah AA9's were never told that that game was moved to EGO they were told it was cancelled!!! Ourimbah AA9 is my husbands team and he is very pissed off because they all wanted to play!

We were advised early saturday afternoon that the game was shifted to EGO for a 9am kickoff.

you were probably advised earlier then anyone else because they had to inform all doyalson teams that were meant to be playing at home

northernspirit

Ted said:
dibo said:
Ted said:

I agree mate, but a ref should 'know the rules' and the be able to tell difference between awarding a indirect or a direct free kick and when and why each should be given. Giving yellow cards to players questioning him about his decision when he has has no clue and being paid for it is simply wrong.

So this means a ref can show a card when ever he pleases without any reason and no one can question why?

By all accounts a player got a yellow for dissent, then he made a challenge the ref deemed as studs up even thoguh the other team denied it as being dangerous or studs up and sent him off with a 2nd yellow in as many minutes?
can there be grounds to appeal what happened?

marinermick

It may also be the manner you guys speak to the referee and could even be a cultural difference for some of the players in both the language and how the game is being refereed.

I know the week before when we played you there were some players qucik to temper even though the game and tackles were benign. Some much so that we were actually called names after some strong but not necessarily malicious tackles.

Paolo

Wilson said:
We got Gosford we will pump them they are HOPELESS...Route one football is from the dark ages and fitzy loves that crap. Another easy Grand Final win coming our way..
Rofl at you publically slating them and then conceding 4 goalsand only drawing 4-4 against 10 men...bl

Omni

Absolutely agree with Mick, the way things are said is very importat, if you're angry and yelling you'll think you're saying "excuse me sir, I respectfully disagree" but the ref will hear 'WHAT THE F... YOU F... JOKE!" Where as the actual words are somewhere in the middle. I always tell players I'm not going to take any crap and if they ask 'can I talk' I'll explain if it's polite, but remember I won't change my mind.

Captains have no special right as far as I'm concerned (and given most captains don't wear armbands I'm not going to know who it was an hour down the track).

marinermick

Omni said:
(and given most captains don't wear armbands I'm not going to know who it was an hour down the track).

wild stab in the dark here Chris but wouldn't the captains be the guys that you do the toss with at the start and don't you write their numbers in your little book?

Ted

northernspirit said:
Ted said:
dibo said:
Ted said:

No mate,  I have it on good authority that the player in question will likely be sidelined for a month or more. It was how he carried on after the game was over and what he said that is the problem not what he did or said on the pitch. everything has all been reported. I have spoke to a club official who witnessed the incident. There is no way out of this, when dealing with a ref, its better to shut up and play the game and not stew on calls you deem unjsut or incorrect.

Sometimes you play 11 and have a ref. Sometimes you play 11 and a ref. Either way, just shut up and play football and hopefully make the final score in your favour...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Kareem said:
well just went to watch Wyoming vs SEU- u21s
thats Herbs team...
i predicted a win- but not like this
lost count after 7-0 halftime
I think end score was 15-18...nil!
given that a red card was recieved 3 mins into 2nd half (SEU player took down WMG attacker last man)
and 3-4 goals offside in 2nd half
still major mismatch in which Wyoming were in cruise control
1st half was just crazy!

GO THE TIGE'S....( the keepers not a bad bloke either)..17-blot....nice little padding for the G.D for the year

W

Wilson

Paolo said:
Wilson said:
We got Gosford we will pump them they are HOPELESS...Route one football is from the dark ages and fitzy loves that crap. Another easy Grand Final win coming our way..
Rofl at you publically slating them and then conceding 4 goalsand only drawing 4-4 against 10 men...bl

Ha at you thinking I actually play for Umina. Fitzy and I go way back just taking the piss

Paolo

Wilson said:
Paolo said:
Wilson said:

Ha at you thinking I actually play for Umina. Fitzy and I go way back just taking the piss
:( :( :(
Bl me and my trusting nature

Ziggy

hilly1981 said:
Ziggy said:
Hilly

That really sucks. If I were in your husbands shoes I would be pretty damn pissed as well.

I had a feeling there may have been a miscommunication or something, since not 1 player from Ourimbah showed up. Any ideas who advised that the game was canned and not moved? We were advised early saturday afternoon that the game was shifted to EGO for a 9am kickoff.

Apparently CCF sent a email though to Ourimbah late Saturday but no one checked the email - same thing happened to Ourimbah AA6's - pretty piss poor excuse. I don't think Ourimbah has a permanent fixtures officer they sure need one. We had a great one up until last year but she resigned.

Gibbsy

Wilson said:
Paolo said:
Wilson said:

Haha funny.
good to see you dont play for those Umina filth, but in all honesty Gosford were for large parts the better side on Sunday. Using width, good passing game and a only a few long balls. alot has changed i would say.

W

Wilson

gibbsy said:
Wilson said:
Paolo said:
Wilson said:

Haha funny.
good to see you dont play for those Umina filth, but in all honesty Gosford were for large parts the better side on Sunday. Using width, good passing game and a only a few long balls. alot has changed i would say.

Their "A" game will be required for round 2!!

tugga

I play AA9's for Ourimbah and that was f**king bullshit that they f**ked up. We should get to replay that game.

Ted

Ted said:
northernspirit said:
Ted said:
dibo said:
Ted said:

No mate,  I have it on good authority that the player in question will likely be sidelined for a month or more. It was how he carried on after the game was over and what he said that is the problem not what he did or said on the pitch. everything has all been reported. I have spoke to a club official who witnessed the incident. There is no way out of this, when dealing with a ref, its better to shut up and play the game and not stew on calls you deem unjsut or incorrect.

Sometimes you play 11 and have a ref. Sometimes you play 11 and a ref. Either way, just shut up and play football and hopefully make the final score in your favour...

Well he only copped a 1 game suspension thankfully

hilly1981

tugga said:
I play AA9's for Ourimbah and that was f**king bullshit that they f**ked up. We should get to replay that game.

Yeah it was a stuff up and a half wasnt it. Must be really frustrating for you and your team. I would be blowing up as well thats for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb