• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 5 - Perth v CCM

priorpeter

Perth should honestly rip us apart. That squad is very very good and should be at least top 2. Agreed that we have to hope they are well off their game. I think if we can snag an early goal, that would be huge. But honestly, not liking our chances in this one unfortunately.

I can’t believe the negativity

Last edited:

Offsider

I can’t brlieve the negativity

Actually ......... you can’t believe the reality.

Unless you understand the real position ......... you cannot truely appreciate any improvement in the overall scheme of things. We are not in a better position than last year ......... half the recruited plugs for the holes are still injured ........... players having to be picked out of position experiments failing through no fault of their own ............ interupted preseason by all of the above etc etc.

Here’s something positive for you ......... take off your club blinkers they do not help or change anything ........ it is what it is but it can only get better.

Already We are going to look better for me ......... foxtel 4k is phenominal.:overheadl:

Offsider

We've already seen some disappointing signs, however this will really see what we are made of. And by that I mean, how have the coaching staff and players reacted to a couple of poor performances. This will be our toughest test so far.

I'm not expecting miracles, all I hope for is that we string together 90+ minutes of solid football with improvements all over the paddock. In my eyes, all we need to do is:
  • Have faster movement with the ball;
  • make chances in the midfield;
  • improve our passing; and
  • get combinations working in attack.
If we get beaten 2-1 and do all that, I'd be happy. There will only be a few teams to beat Perth this year, realistically I can't see us doing it at this point in the season.

No pressure then .......... :cheers:

priorpeter

Actually ......... you can’t believe the reality.

Unless you understand the real position ......... you cannot truely appreciate any improvement in the overall scheme of things. We are not in a better position than last year ......... half the recruited plugs for the holes are still injured ........... players having to be picked out of position experiments failing through no fault of their own ............ interupted preseason by all of the above etc etc.

Here’s something positive for you ......... take off your club blinkers they do not help or change anything ........ it is what it is but it can only get better.

Already We are going to look better for me ......... foxtel 4k is phenominal.:overheadl:

It was a tongue in cheek comment to a mate, settle down Bessie

MagpieMariner

I hate being negative, so I'll say I'm positive that I hate being negative. However, comparing Glory against Adelaide with us against Adelaide, we will have to improve a huge lot to prevent this being a double-figure score. I would love to be made look foolish, but, really...

Coastalraider

When you train against yourself you always look good

Thats why I was worried that the majority of our trials were against opposition who were inferior to us.

Adelaide look well gelled and up to tempo because they had been playing intense level FFA cup matches against Aleague sides.
We look slow and off the pace because we played makeshift NPL teams.

Insertnamehere

I hate being negative, so I'll say I'm positive that I hate being negative. However, comparing Glory against Adelaide with us against Adelaide, we will have to improve a huge lot to prevent this being a double-figure score. I would love to be made look foolish, but, really...
Just be doubly negative, that's a positive. Mathematically positive anyway

Ozhammer

A bit disappointed to hear today that the team was given 4 days off over the international break, as I don’t feel like they have earned that sort of reward as yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred