• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 5 - Perth v CCM

NoDiggity

Thanks for that.

Looks like no change in formation then.

Any other interesting changes? e.g Hoole?
Hoole looked like he was playing in a central role. Only other interesting thing is they were practicing something different, which was the long ball from defender to opposite winger (eg left back to right wing) high up the field. Maybe this is tactical as Perth get caught out when they get spread?

marinermick

Hoole looked like he was playing in a central role. Only other interesting thing is they were practicing something different, which was the long ball from defender to opposite winger (eg left back to right wing) high up the field. Maybe this is tactical as Perth get caught out when they get spread?

Perth defenders like to sit high. MM obviously sees a weaknesses here.

If Hoole was central were Simon and McCormack playing?

NoDiggity

Yeah they were both playing. I might’ve been wrong about Hoole being central but that’s how it looked. You’d imagine he’d be covering for an injured Oar who isn’t travelling

Timmah

Sunday, 25 November 2018
Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners
nib Stadium, Perth
Kick-Off: 4:00PM local AWST (7:00PM AEDT)

Referee: Jarred Gillett
Assistant Referee 1: Josh Mannella
Assistant Referee 2: Arvin Shanmuganathan
Fourth Official: Adam Fielding
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 7.00pm (AEDT) , Sky Sport 4 (New Zealand) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers
Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (6PR, Coast FM Gosford and 1116SEN (from 7pm). ABC News on Radio, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Listen App – A-League Live.

j0_111399_0.png

Perth Glory squad: 1.Tando VELAPHI (gk), 2.Alex GRANT, 3.Jason DAVIDSON, 4.Shane LOWRY, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Dino DJULBIC, 7.Joel CHIANESE, 9.Andy KEOGH, 11.Brendon SANTALAB, 14.Chris HAROLD, 15.Brandon WILSON, 16.Tomislav MRCELA, 17.Diego CASTRO, 19.Chris IKONOMIDIS, 22.Fabio FERREIRA, 27.JUANDE, 33.Liam REDDY (gk), 88.Neil KILKENNY
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 11.Brendon SANTALAB (returns from injury), 16.Tomislav MRCELA (returns from suspension), 17.Diego CASTRO (returns from injury)
Outs: 25.Walter SCOTT
Unavailable: 23.Scott NEVILLE (ankle – 1-2 weeks)

View attachment 1218
Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 20.Kalifa CISSE, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Mario SHABOW, 25.Jordan MURRAY, 44.Ross McCORMACK
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 4.Jake McGING (promoted), 6.Tom HIARIEJ (promoted), 19.Matt SIMON (return from injury),
Outs: 10.Tommy OAR (knee)
Unavailable: 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (ACL), 21.Corey GAMEIRO (calf)

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyundai-a-league-ins-and-outs-round-5-1

Antlion

Imagine if we won this one? Now now stop laughing - it's not impossible

But really it's not going to go well is it.

Tevor

I wish I was as confident as the players apparently are, after the last two games this game could be a disaster. Hope Glory are cocky and not switched on, but Poppa will probably prevent that. Good chance for them to cement top spot with SFC in the big blue. I would be happy with respectable, haven’t read/heard we have trained the house down like the drive byes have been saying. We should have been IMO.

Forum Phoenix

I am hearing that the Rowles experiment has run its course, so we will see something different this week.

I will no doubt get shot down by the other armchair managers on here but the problem right now is that we are short of defenders and heavy on mids, so I would honestly be considering a 3-5-2 formation against Perth. The wingbacks would drop into a 5 man defence when we are under pressure and it would also mean that we number up against Perth, as that is the system they play (very successfully I might add).

My personal line up in that formation would be

BK.

Tommy. Cissé. Rowles

O’Neil

Pain. Weemac. Oar. Clisby

Simon

McCormack

Controversial in some people’s eyes no doubt but it does solve some of our basic flaws.:tinfoilhat:

I don’t mind the idea, and appreciate the reasoning, but think it’s too much adjustment right now. too many players still just learning how each other play/react I think.

Hoole also has to come in for mine.

Josho Howe

Perth should honestly rip us apart. That squad is very very good and should be at least top 2. Agreed that we have to hope they are well off their game. I think if we can snag an early goal, that would be huge. But honestly, not liking our chances in this one unfortunately.

Forum Phoenix

Good news.

This HAD to happen irrespective of Perth.

We have to be able to move the ball quicker, force our opponent to have to try and slide a lot faster and also get them scrambling back to open space in the middle and not least, use it to help avoid and even at times punish a high press.

Wombat

For sure we can beat Perth but i'm not willing to put money on it. If we have a go we can jag a point. Palace v Arsenal, when the Arse were on a 11 game win streak.....they heard i put $100 on and of course drew with lowly Palace.

Wombat

For sure we can beat Perth but i'm not willing to put money on it. If we have a go we can jag a point. Palace v Arsenal, when the Arse were on a 11 game win streak.....they heard i put $100 on and of course drew with lowly Palace.

My banker is England v Wallabies at Twickers.

Scotty

We've already seen some disappointing signs, however this will really see what we are made of. And by that I mean, how have the coaching staff and players reacted to a couple of poor performances. This will be our toughest test so far.

I'm not expecting miracles, all I hope for is that we string together 90+ minutes of solid football with improvements all over the paddock. In my eyes, all we need to do is:
  • Have faster movement with the ball;
  • make chances in the midfield;
  • improve our passing; and
  • get combinations working in attack.
If we get beaten 2-1 and do all that, I'd be happy. There will only be a few teams to beat Perth this year, realistically I can't see us doing it at this point in the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred