• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 4 - Victory away

Offsider

Excited and dreading. Two of my favourite players against us tonight. At least Ola should be rusty.
Saw an interview during the week that implied that rather than play him this week and risk the injury setback they were going to save him for the important games coming up.
This may just be a notice for melb fans not wanting to miss him when he plays ???

I suspect that this is a trump .......... fake news :popcorn:

nebakke

I'm not sure what to make of this one after last week. I understand that I might stand alone here but McCormack didn't do much to change my worries about his workrate last week either. I realise that he's currently our lead scorer but he also has a history of relying on some awesome free-kicks if memory serves. I'm not convinced that getting rid of Matty will impact much of anything in a positive direction. I actually think he's done a decent job of holding on to the ball and trying to do something creative with it - shockingly to most here, I think he's done a better job of that than McCormack at this point... it's a testament to McCormack's baseline quality that he has managed to do more with less but it isn't really enough.
It'd be sort of interesting to just try swapping them and playing Matty as the #10-style player.
Much as I have love for Macca, plenty here seem to forget how shit he was at times before they decided to put him on a limited, old-people, training cycle as well, especially at #10...

marinermick

Much as I have love for Macca, plenty here seem to forget how shit he was at times before they decided to put him on a limited, old-people, training cycle as well, especially at #10...

We don't have Clarky to manage him this time. Matty is already struggling to be fit for this weekend.

nebakke

We don't have Clarky to manage him this time. Matty is already struggling to be fit for this weekend.

My point was really more that everyone always refer back to Macca, when the reality was that he was decidedly mediocre for quite a bit of his time with us, even under Clarky... More to the point, I think Matty is more fit than McCormack at this point.

Forum Phoenix

I'm not sure what to make of this one after last week. I understand that I might stand alone here but McCormack didn't do much to change my worries about his workrate last week either. I realise that he's currently our lead scorer but he also has a history of relying on some awesome free-kicks if memory serves. I'm not convinced that getting rid of Matty will impact much of anything in a positive direction. I actually think he's done a decent job of holding on to the ball and trying to do something creative with it - shockingly to most here, I think he's done a better job of that than McCormack at this point... it's a testament to McCormack's baseline quality that he has managed to do more with less but it isn't really enough.
It'd be sort of interesting to just try swapping them and playing Matty as the #10-style player.

I actually agree with much of this, I don't think Matty has been bad for us at all, and McCormack's work rate worries me also. But he has the quality. There's just no arguing with his striking record. Different calibre than Matty, so we have to try and play him into fitness and form, and put him in the best position to do so, even if that means losing Matty's leadership and effort for now.

Fadetoblack944

I actually agree with much of this, I don't think Matty has been bad for us at all, and McCormack's work rate worries me also. But he has the quality. There's just no arguing with his striking record. Different calibre than Matty, so we have to try and play him into fitness and form, and put him in the best position to do so, even if that means losing Matty's leadership and effort for now.
MMM said in a coast ramble podcast that McCormack's wasn't "match fit" when he arrived and will play him to get fit. McCormack wasn't bought here to be a work horse he was bought here to score goals. In the last match i don't think McCormack touched the ball for the first half. We need to feed him the ball better than a Matt Simon headed knock on that hits him on the chest, put the ball to his feet and let him work his magic

Forum Phoenix

MMM said in a coast ramble podcast that McCormack's wasn't "match fit" when he arrived and will play him to get fit. McCormack wasn't bought here to be a work horse he was bought here to score goals. In the last match i don't think McCormack touched the ball for the first half. We need to feed him the ball better than a Matt Simon headed knock on that hits him on the chest, put the ball to his feet and let him work his magic

Yeah agree. Though I don’t expect him to be a work horse, a thoroughbred race horse is more what we’re after, to that end, he does need to at least be at the races.

Scotty

This could be the game where we find the missing formula, or it could be a trainwreck. I'd be surprised if we keep a clean sheet.

If anything else it should be an interesting first half to see how we form up.

Assuming that we change our formation from previous games, Muscat won't know what to expect. That could work in our favor early on.

Insertnamehere

This could be the game where we find the missing formula, or it could be a trainwreck. I'd be surprised if we keep a clean sheet.

If anything else it should be an interesting first half to see how we form up.

Assuming that we change our formation from previous games, Muscat won't know what to expect. That could work in our favor early on.
You're right. This is a game last year that we should have won and it really sent us on a bad trajectory. This year it's a game we're decidedly not looking good for but again could be a turning point.
I'm sceptical but hopeful that we can show up with enthusiasm and pinch a 1-0.

NoDiggity

Hearing Tommy H didn’t travel to melb. What’s this mean for our starting 11? Hoole in for tommy h (like second half vs melb?)

nebakke

Right, so... No matter what the lineup looks like we really really need a f**king response here, all things considered a well playing team can win this, so no excuses, get your shit together and fire it up darken... otherwise this is already starting to smell a lot like seasons gone by and that is entirely unacceptable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred