• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 4 - Victory away

Scotty

For the good of going forward and rebuilding from last year, I would drop Kennedy in favour of Gauci.

A few seasons ago I remember a young bloke nervously stepped up for us. He made a few blunders early on, but went on to be a decent keeper. I believe he's having a blinder of a season with Brighton in the EPL at the moment. ;) He's just been given the PFA fans' player of the month award. https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/mat...-the-month-ahead-of/n4dqfpxqre701din4zbidpy43

I'm not saying that Gauci is in the same league as Maty, but who knows. He's also unlikely to be sharing a laugh with Honda after game.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
HONDA , HONDA , HONDA....all I hear is Honda....I prefer Yamaha ( all hail Valentino “the Doctor” Rossi)
If the Adelaide game doesn’t give em a kick up the arse, nothing will

Wombat

For the good of going forward and rebuilding from last year, I would drop Kennedy in favour of Gauci.

A few seasons ago I remember a young bloke nervously stepped up for us. He made a few blunders early on, but went on to be a decent keeper. I believe he's having a blinder of a season with Brighton in the EPL at the moment. ;) He's just been given the PFA fans' player of the month award. https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/mat...-the-month-ahead-of/n4dqfpxqre701din4zbidpy43

I'm not saying that Gauci is in the same league as Maty, but who knows. He's also unlikely to be sharing a laugh with Honda after game.

Unlikely to be having a laugh with the opposition after making a fool of himself on both occassions.....maybe he is ADHD?

NoDiggity

I like this team but would tweak it. Matty and Ross is not working. WeeMac. The CMs were run though and WeeMac was anonymous.

Happy with Gauci coming in. But Pearce can stay at home. If Tom doesn't have the physicality that MMM wants why not play him at RB (where he has played 40 games in the Netherlands). Cisse can partner O'Neill in the middle to beef up the physicality of the midfield and Kye can partner Golec at CB (his preferred position. So
............Ross
....Pain Hoole oar
......Cisse O'Neill
Clisby Rowles Golec TomH
........Gauci
Great point regarding tommy H at right back. I was speaking to him prior to the season starting and he did say that was his original playing position. Said he marked tommy oar a few games they played against each other in the Netherlands

Insertnamehere

Great point regarding tommy H at right back. I was speaking to him prior to the season starting and he did say that was his original playing position. Said he marked tommy oar a few games they played against each other in the Netherlands
He's too good in this league to be wasted at RB. And Cisse at DM/CM leaves us short of a passer in midfield.

turbo

I think disrupting the CB combination would do more harm than good at the moment anyway. Pushing Ross up front and Hoole (or someone else) behind him would be way less of a risk. No need for huge changes just yet.

Tevor

Just read our game preview, wow the stats are not good against MV. No wins in 15 games (since Muscrat starting coaching them) and 7 losses in a row at AAMI park. We are either due a result or will continue our dismal run against them. Big game MM.

turbo

No wins in 15 games (since Muscrat starting coaching them) and 7 losses in a row at AAMI park

I think that says more about us than them although they're usually pretty competitive. Hasn't been a lot of wins at all over the last few years.

If we push them and actually attack rather than kicking long to Simon every time I think we'll score goals. They haven't been the most composed defence. If we get a goal and try to defend it instead of looking for another we'll almost certainly lose.

Offsider

As I remember ...... last season we started well and then fell apart. We now know the reason. But ............ we are in the same spot this season only earlier.

I blame the “ back to the future “ regime ............ you cannot reconstruct the culture from years past ......... that took many years to build up............ by recruiting hasbeens of that era. I’m sorry if I offend the mcglinchy and simon lovers but it is there to see. Simon has gone back to his ineffective offside agenda and uncontrolled pressurising and nodding on the long ball ineffectively while mcglinchy has continued effectively displaying the form that pheonix didn’t consider valueable.

I would rather see an all new approach with the upgraded npl boys given a chance to nurture their own culture .........not shackled by the “old” culture. :popcorn:

Timmah

Melbourne Victory squad: 1.Matt ACTON (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3. Corey BROWN, 4.Keisuke HONDA, 5.Georg NIEDERMEIER, 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 8.Terry ANTONIS, 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 10.James TROISI, 13.Birkan KIRDAR, 14.Thomas DENG, 15.Raul BAENA, 16.Josh HOPE, 19. Rahmat AKBARI, 20.Lawrence THOMAS (gk), 21.Carl VALERI (c), 22.Nick ANSELL, 23.Jai INGHAM
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 13.Birkan KIRDAR (promoted), 15. Raul BAENA (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: Kenny ATHIU (hamstring – TBC)

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 10.Tommy OAR, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 20.Kalifa CISSE, 22.Jacob MELLING, 25.Jordan MURRAY, 44.Ross McCORMACK
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 4.Jake McGING (promoted), 25.Jordan MURRAY (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (ACL), Corey GAMEIRO (Hamstring)

Referee: Stephen Lucas
Assistant Referee 1: Wilson Brown
Assistant Referee 2: Tony Peart
Fourth Official: Lachlan Keevers
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

LINK: https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyundai-a-league-ins-and-outs-round-4-remembrance-round

turbo

you cannot reconstruct the culture from years past ... by recruiting hasbeens of that era

I don't think there's an issue bringing them back to play a role or even making Simon club captain but I do question his starting position when we have the most attacking options we've had in years. Many of us were concerned when it seemed that he would be our starting striker then after Ross was announced assumed he'd be the fiery sub we knew him to be with Sydney but so far that hasn't been the case. His inclusion could also stop us seeing more of Murray or Gameiro when available which is problematic for keeping them happy and at the club long term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred