• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 4 - Victory away

Timmah

Victory v CCMFC
Sunday night 11 November, 7pm
AAMI Park

Referee: Stephen Lucas
Assistant Referee 1: Wilson Brown
Assistant Referee 2: Tony Peart
Fourth Official: Lachlan Keevers
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 7.00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 4 (New Zealand) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers

Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (1116SEN, SEN+, Sport FM Perth and Coast FM Gosford). ABC News on Radio, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Listen App – A-League Live.

j0_111397_0.png

Melbourne Victory squad: 1.Matt ACTON (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3. Corey BROWN, 4.Keisuke HONDA, 5.Georg NIEDERMEIER, 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 8.Terry ANTONIS, 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 10.James TROISI, 13.Birkan KIRDAR, 14.Thomas DENG, 15.Raul BAENA, 16.Josh HOPE, 19. Rahmat AKBARI, 20.Lawrence THOMAS (gk), 21.Carl VALERI (c), 22.Nick ANSELL, 23.Jai INGHAM
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 13.Birkan KIRDAR (promoted), 15. Raul BAENA (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: Kenny ATHIU (hamstring – TBC)

upload_2018-11-8_13-8-17.png
Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 10.Tommy OAR, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 20.Kalifa CISSE, 22.Jacob MELLING, 25.Jordan MURRAY, 44.Ross McCORMACK
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 4.Jake McGING (promoted), 25.Jordan MURRAY (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (ACL), Corey GAMEIRO (Hamstring)

---------------

Important we bounce back from that horrid showing last night v Adelaide.

I reckon Mulvey makes some changes. Is Aspro available soon?

Last edited:

Big Al

Interesting one this one. Will he play Melling and O'Neill as sixes and be more defensive or does he play O'Neill at six and Hooke at eight?
Definitely O Neill with Hoole. We looked much better in the second half with that setup and Hoole impressed him in preseason. Hoole also had his head up looking for passes. Was a nice change.

Wombat

Tough one. He needs to keep the faith with some and draw a line in the sand with others. I think Tommy has earnt a second chance but is on notice.

Most under threat after the last game...Kennedy, Oar, Tommy, WeeMac, Ross and Matty.

Scotty

Game 1 we were lucky that Taggart had an off day.
Game 2 Cisse kept Fornaroli under control.
Game 3 Goodwin ripped us apart.
In game 4 we come up against Honda and Antonis, who are in form. This could bite us.

Tevor

In game 4 we come up against Honda and Antonis, who are in form. This could bite us.
Totally agree, I'm worried about this game as Honda has great stats so far and is bossing midfields which has been our weakest area in all three games. MM needs a good game plan and a fired up team to make this respectable. Honda and Antonis have struck up a good partnership and their goal against the scum was quality. Whilst MV didn't get the results in their first two games they were playing decent football and will compete at the pointy end again I feel.

Michael

I don’t there’ll be massive changes. Agree some will be put on notice this week.
Dragging tommy h and Ross, I loved that. Mulvey won’t take crap like they showed.
Both do deserve a second chance because of their quality but Ross in particular needs a kick up the arse. I know it’s most likely a tactic for him not to press too much but his laziness was a worry in the first 2 games and Sunday it was downright pathetic.
Tommy Oar needs a rev up big time. I understand he’s probably still settling and getting fit but come on he’s so much better than what he’s shown so far. Cisse and Golec just had an off day I think.
We can’t drop Kennedy, you think Pearce will do anything different?
If we’re sticking with one up top, I’d drop matty, he hasn’t been the best outlet thinking about it. Put Ross up top so he has to work harder and can’t hide in 10.
How far off is Gameiro?

I’d like to see Murray thrown back in and chuck Macdonald in the deep end. If Millar got thrown in this early Mac deserves it.

Rowles couldn’t deal with a red hot Goodwin but deserves atleast another week.

Michael

And Sunday was supposed to be
Game 4: defence stays solid enough and the attack gets cohesive.

Nope.

midfielder

I don’t there’ll be massive changes. Agree some will be put on notice this week.
Dragging tommy h and Ross, I loved that. Mulvey won’t take crap like they showed.
Both do deserve a second chance because of their quality but Ross in particular needs a kick up the arse. I know it’s most likely a tactic for him not to press too much but his laziness was a worry in the first 2 games and Sunday it was downright pathetic.
Tommy Oar needs a rev up big time. I understand he’s probably still settling and getting fit but come on he’s so much better than what he’s shown so far. Cisse and Golec just had an off day I think.
We can’t drop Kennedy, you think Pearce will do anything different?
If we’re sticking with one up top, I’d drop matty, he hasn’t been the best outlet thinking about it. Put Ross up top so he has to work harder and can’t hide in 10.
How far off is Gameiro?

I’d like to see Murray thrown back in and chuck Macdonald in the deep end. If Millar got thrown in this early Mac deserves it.

Rowles couldn’t deal with a red hot Goodwin but deserves atleast another week.

Don't agree, Rowles played very well ... he was left totally exposed by Tommy H & weeMac, at times he had two and three players coming at him in space and with speed...

There were times in the first 20 minutes when the gap between Rowles and weeMac was 50 + meters.

It was like the first line of our defence was the backs.

That's also what happen a lot last year as well. Further when we got the ball our mids did little with it ...meaning the backs were under constant pressure

Forum Phoenix

With our back line, I don’t want too much disruption I think we need some consistency given I expect Hoole and Pain may well come in.
Don't agree, Rowles played very well ... he was left totally exposed by Tommy H & weeMac, at times he had two and three players coming at him in space and with speed...

There were times in the first 20 minutes when the gap between Rowles and weeMac was 50 + meters.

It was like the first line of our defence was the backs.

That's also what happen a lot last year as well. Further when we got the ball our mids did little with it ...meaning the backs were under constant pressure

That’s what I saw. Our defence also improved. AU weren’t overly threatening in the second half on balance.

Rowles isolated and in position is not a sign of his weakness at all. You could criticise that he stood too far off Goodwin at times and got skinned too but Goodwin is in hot form.

I’m not sure how Tommy H reacts to being asked to be physical. I think it’s not his natural game and probably throws him.

Weemac tried hard, but got caught up the park trying to link our attack several times. he’s not really suited to the role he’s playing in this system imo now that the pace is faster whereas he looked very good in pre season at times I thought.

I’d drop Kennedy. Bring in Hoole to 10 (Matty to bench) Pain for Weemac. Persist with Oar. And start Ross up top - say you’re Only playing 60 - we need you to bust a gut.

Last edited:

Michael

I didn’t say Rowles was the worst on the field, people are over reacting. Or that his positioning was poor. Not being able to deal with a player in the form of their life doesn’t mean he was terrible. Therefore, he deserves atleast another go next week, because we’re talking about what needs to change for the next match, yeah?
I whole heartedly agree wee Mac didn’t help out. He barely helped out rowles the week before too, that’s why I expected him to be dropped to the bench.

I’ve been happily surprised with how good Rowles has been so far. He saved a 4th going in on Sunday with great defending. And he had a few other good moments. Goodwin was just too good and extremely confident throughout the 90mins.

true believer

Honda and tonus don't have goodwins pace.
We still could be in trouble but it wont be because weemac was 50 metre away leaving rowles 3 on 1

Forum Phoenix

I didn’t say Rowles was the worst on the field, people are over reacting. Or that his positioning was poor. Not being able to deal with a player in the form of their life doesn’t mean he was terrible. Therefore, he deserves atleast another go next week, because we’re talking about what needs to change for the next match, yeah?
I whole heartedly agree wee Mac didn’t help out. He barely helped out rowles the week before too, that’s why I expected him to be dropped to the bench.

I’ve been happily surprised with how good Rowles has been so far. He saved a 4th going in on Sunday with great defending. And he had a few other good moments. Goodwin was just too good and extremely confident throughout the 90mins.

I wasn't really focusing on you Michael. There has been a number of posts talking about Rowles being dropped or moved.

Ancient Mariner

While we are talking of Rowles maybe I should make my comments clear.

Whilst I do not think he is a full back, at the moment he is by far our best option in that position.

At the moment we need his defensive abilities back there.

I suspect that if Golec or Cisse were out he would move into the centre and McGing would slot in on the right.

pjennings

............Ross
....Pain Hoole oar
......TomH Oniell
Clisby cisse golec Rowles
........Gauci

That’s how I’d be starting it next week. Weemac off the bench for tiring midfielder & simon can come off the bench for Ross or Hoole in the 70th.
Kennedy can watch from home

I like this team but would tweak it. Matty and Ross is not working. WeeMac. The CMs were run though and WeeMac was anonymous.

Happy with Gauci coming in. But Pearce can stay at home. If Tom doesn't have the physicality that MMM wants why not play him at RB (where he has played 40 games in the Netherlands). Cisse can partner O'Neill in the middle to beef up the physicality of the midfield and Kye can partner Golec at CB (his preferred position. So
............Ross
....Pain Hoole oar
......Cisse O'Neill
Clisby Rowles Golec TomH
........Gauci

Big Al

I like this team but would tweak it. Matty and Ross is not working. WeeMac. The CMs were run though and WeeMac was anonymous.

Happy with Gauci coming in. But Pearce can stay at home. If Tom doesn't have the physicality that MMM wants why not play him at RB (where he has played 40 games in the Netherlands). Cisse can partner O'Neill in the middle to beef up the physicality of the midfield and Kye can partner Golec at CB (his preferred position. So
............Ross
....Pain Hoole oar
......Cisse O'Neill
Clisby Rowles Golec TomH
........Gauci
Great call and reminder and Tom H and RB. Now would be a good time to give that a go but would be harsh on Rowles IMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred