• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 3 - PINK Round v Adelaide

Spacks

He just can't cross, needs to be a target man for crosses not doing the actual crossing.

Spacks

Quick question, how many goals did McCormack score from dead ball situations from last season?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

We're not playing with any heart whatsoever.
MM put this team together to bring some mongrel onto the field, to bring back the club's core values.
Every single player out there today has forgotten all of that.
Disgusting.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Only time the crowd made any noise is to boo. I mean, the booing is justified...but still......
We'll be lucky to hit 5k next home game after this.

He just can't cross, needs to be a target man for crosses not doing the actual crossing.
To be fair, he couldn't shoot today either

scottmac

Suspended
Something wasn't right today. Players just not ready for this game. Scoreline Adelaide 1 CCM 0 Kennedy 2.
Adelaide were great and really shut us down. It's quite alarming that we are so easily shut down in attack. In fact it that may be giving undue credit cause it looks like we don't have many plans going forward

Michael

It blows my mind that the first 2 games the boys were so switched on, solid and desperate in defence and they walk out there today and literally 3 blokes looked like they cared. Simon, O’Neil and Clisby. Ross in particular did not give a flying f*** today.
Pathetic today.
Funny, we were all talking about only the go forward needs some tuning.
2 tiny steps forward and a leap backwards.

Not the end of the world but a massive week is needed in training.

greenlig

WELL THAT WAS SHIT. Kennedy is dead to me, so that's cool. Rowles was ok I guess, made a good save at the end. Oar was average, big Mac was nonexistent, but also had no real service. Simon ran around - cool. Weemac played I'm told. Aiden was good positionally, but sometimes his technique dropped. Tommy H was average, but sprayed well. Golec looked average. Cisse made some blocks, was happy if he was near the ball. Clisby was ok? Pain was ok, as was Hoole. Hoole was a tad loose though. Millar, MOM cause he did the least shit.

greenlig

Thought bubble - Kennedy is so obviously suspect sometimes, is he a cheating c**t on some bookies payroll?

MrCelery

0d6626c7-1192-4da4-9dea-1bfca8da6cfa-original.jpg

Wombat

WELL THAT WAS SHIT. Kennedy is dead to me, so that's cool. Rowles was ok I guess, made a good save at the end. Oar was average, big Mac was nonexistent, but also had no real service. Simon ran around - cool. Weemac played I'm told. Aiden was good positionally, but sometimes his technique dropped. Tommy H was average, but sprayed well. Golec looked average. Cisse made some blocks, was happy if he was near the ball. Clisby was ok? Pain was ok, as was Hoole. Hoole was a tad loose though. Millar, MOM cause he did the least shit.

I thought Millar looked shit.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Who the f**kin f**k were them blokes in the pink shirts tryin* to play Okon Ball
That was absolutely dreadful....and Arnie was there, about the only bloke who got his attention was Craig Goodwin

LFCMariners

Remember when we got 'Boz' back in the '08 off-season while Danny was suspended? We should see if he'd be interested in another stint between the sticks. BK is a poor-man's Karius.

Adelaide look a well-drilled side who've spent time together as a squad in the key positions, and CCM were a team today who got turned around time and again in the mid-field and had no real leader in front of goal. It's not time to hit the panic button today, but by the end of this season results like that won't be acceptable by any means.

It could've been 3-2 today, but it wasn't. People can talk about penalties that should've been given, but a good team finds ways to win anyway. I see that with Liverpool atm- they are yet to play a game in the PL this season where I've thought "f**k they were great today!"- yet they remain undefeated, having faced Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal away and played City. That's what a good team can do, and CCM are not a good team- yet. I understand for Charlesworth, he's looking at the bottom line first and foremost. But if he wants to make money out of this club, he needs to invest in players who (together) make the casual customer spend money coming to home games. 1-1 draws or games like today won't do it. Be a little generous with investment in this squad, and MC will get the returns he wants through increased patronage.

Today was a reality check, plain and simple. Early days yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred