• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 3 - PINK Round v Adelaide

marinermick

I think some on here underestimate Hoole.
With a decent team around him I think he could be the catalyst we need going forward.
He`s decent on the ball but with better players around him he should be able to get the passes where they want it.
Interesting times ahead, but I think Hoole will be immense for us this year.....:popcorn:

Three A-League clubs, five different coaches (including Arnie) and the evidence is just not there apart from some rare quality cameos.

Happy to be proven wrong but my thoughts is that he is disruptive to a cohesive team strategy.

Can see value, however, in bringing him on when we are down, as this is where you need disruption.

Ozhammer

Three A-League clubs, five different coaches (including Arnie) and the evidence is just not there apart from some rare quality cameos.

Happy to be proven wrong but my thoughts is that he is disruptive to a cohesive team strategy.

Can see value, however, in bringing him on when we are down, as this is where you need disruption.
This
Hoole is one of a number of young players that have the oft-punted phrase ‘potential’. The thing is he has to start delivering consistent performances week in week out, as that is what makes a good player rather than an average one.

He needs to look at how someone like Tommy goes about his business and take some cues from that. Imo consistency is what sets the best players apart from the rest and someone who has one good game in five isn’t doing enough.

finally retired

This
Hoole is one of a number of young players that have the oft-punted phrase ‘potential’. The thing is he has to start delivering consistent performances week in week out, as that is what makes a good player rather than an average one.
I get so frustrated with Hoole in a match...but would love to be able to talk about him in the same way people are talking about Goodwin at the moment. I agree totally, Hoole needs to start delivering his potential consistently, week after week, not once or twice a season.

Timmah

Referee: Alex King
Assistant Referee 1: Andrej Giev
Assistant Referee 2: Matthew McOrist
Fourth Official: Adrian Arndt
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 5.00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand) and My Football Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers

Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (Coast FM). ABC News on Radio, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Listen App – A-League Live.

Offsider

With a decent team around him I think he could be the catalyst we need going forward.
He`s decent on the ball but with better players around him he should be able to get the passes where they want it.
Interesting times ahead, but I think Hoole will be immense for us this year.....:popcorn:

I’m afraid I don’t share your optimism for Hoole. Admittedly the games I assessed were from last year and may not reflect his team potential, but, his body language towards teammates when things didn’t go right was disgraceful.............. often the mistakes were his fault.
No ......... the problem for hoole is in his headspace. He is not the socceroo he was going to be, yet he seems to think he is, his set piece kicks all failed and he did nothing to improve them all season.:doh:
I agree with all his previous managers that didn’t retain him.

Forum Phoenix

Not quite so confident on ‘immense’ but otherwise totally agree.

In a very frustrating year he really frustrated people by not passing when he should have. His vision seemed his issue but in Okons system I think that was exacerbated.

He’s skilful, good on the ball, can beat a man and shoot. Im just not sure about his mental strength. Can definitely let his head drop and maybe needs higher levels of concentration and better awareness.

Forum Phoenix

This

He needs to look at how someone like Tommy goes about his business and take some cues from that. Imo consistency is what sets the best players apart from the rest and someone who has one good game in five isn’t doing enough.

Yeah I think consistency is all about attitude and mental strength. qualities I feel Australian players used to have in abundance but that are becoming less common.

Forum Phoenix

I’m afraid I don’t share your optimism for Hoole. Admittedly the games I assessed were from last year and may not reflect his team potential, but, his body language towards teammates when things didn’t go right was disgraceful.............. often the mistakes were his fault.
No ......... the problem for hoole is in his headspace. He is not the socceroo he was going to be, yet he seems to think he is, his set piece kicks all failed and he did nothing to improve them all season.:doh:
I think this is pretty fair criticism too.

adz

Staff member
Just something I noticed, when hearing about a team with 2 draws from 2 games...

Other teams: Undefeated
CC Mariners: Winless

:tinfoilhat:

style_cafe

Only time will tell.
I can`t wait to see him after 3-4 games with these guys.
I think he will rise to another level,given the chance.
Must agree though with other posts,his deadball kicks were often :poo:

style_cafe

When you go back through his career he did have 3 good seasons to start off with Newcastle including a player of the year award.
Then he was good enough to be approached and signed by Arnie at SFC and played 15 games in his first season there.
When that turned sour (for whatever reason) he returned to Newcastle and had another successful year before coming to us.

So conversely,he`s had 3 clubs that thought he was good enough for them and 5 coaches that supported that decision.
He does however,have moments of madness along with his moments of brilliance (that`s a given).

However, with higher quality players around him,he`ll be able to feed off their quality and rise to their standard.

We`ll have to discuss this at the end of the season though to see who was closest to what eventuates.

Antlion

This is what I think too.
But if he doesn't capitalise on a good team and coach I think his time will be up

scottmac

Suspended
Only time will tell.
I can`t wait to see him after 3-4 games with these guys.
I think he will rise to another level,given the chance.
Must agree though with other posts,his deadball kicks were often :poo:
He won't have to worry about set pieces this year thank God.

Wombat

I think some of the wank on here is because he is ex Scum. He is a quality player. He now has a decent coach who wont put up with his crap.
His dickhead demeanour comes from the fact he is from Newcastle............they simply are the dickheads of NSW...dead heat with bankstown!
Cut him some slack and i see a very useful player in our squad.

marinermick

Pretty much an unchanged eleven I reckon. The only consideration is whether Oar replaces Pain.

Pain has started well but fades fairly quickly. He might be of better value coming off the bench.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I’m with Mick, start Oar with Painy on as his sub....mainly because tommy seems to have lost a yard or three, of course he probably ain’t up to match speed yet ...but yeah

Forum Phoenix

Much better football weather today.

Can’t wait for the game. Win lose or draw, as long as I’m watching a passionate hungry CC team has always been what it’s about for me.

I think our gutless spineless depthless year’s are over.

Time for 3 points and to make a statement.
:fireup::shoutclap::fireup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred