• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 24 vs Perth

Ancient Mariner

What I saw was that their cattle are far superior to our cattle.
They took their chances well, and did not miss too many.
We lacked penetration in the final third as usual but their defence was rock solid.
I do not have a problem with Staj as coach, no one would be able to turn the squad he has available enough to beat the leaders. I have however seen a marked improvement in structure and defence.
Being realistic who in that team tonight side is really A-League level?
Kennedy, good reactions sometimes, but does not control his area. Bench at best.
Aspro, will be good if he can play beside a centre half like Patty Z. However he is off elsewhere.
Rowles, has a lot of talent, makes mistakes, as above needs an experienced partner and some more years. Early rumours had him moving on as well.
Clisby, really only a bench player but fills a difficult position, not really good enough if you want to be a top team.
Millar, will look good in a stronger side when he will have others making space for him. Moving elsewhere.
Melling, enthusiastic but lacks ability, he may develop but I suspect CCM was his last stop before NPL.
Hiariej, one of the true talents in the team, he has been playing forward of his true position, but as a DM with a good side, his class will show.
O'Neill, the other real talent in the team but needs better players around him for the talent to be realised. Back to Burnley.
Paine, another one who is up to standard with great enthusiasm. Apparently moving on.
Murray, has not made the step up. Difficult for a striker to look good in shit team.
Simon, has really been a bench player for the last three seasons.

Considering the above I was not to surprised with tonight's result nor even massively disappointed. I thought most of our players tried and played up to the level of their ability which on a one to one basis was a fair way behind Glory.

This squad we have at present is by far the poorest we have put on the park in the last 5 years but has probably had the most amount of money spent on it.
Just spending money is not the answer.
We desperately need a full time director of football with a massive amount of skill, connections, and ability to see value to work with whoever is coach.
This must be the immediate priority. No more part time EPL names having a holiday.

Wombat

Pretty poor. Mallon was shocking and should have been hooked for Pain at half time. Murray and Simon are toothless. Tommy and Aspro (and Pain) we the only players that looked HAL standard. O'Neill looks the standard but didnt play well tonight.
The only highlight was Rowdy's sledge on Reddy.............."I went to your Gym and i got fat! " (Reddy owns Fitness First Erina Fair apparently).

Josho Howe

Pretty poor. Mallon was shocking and should have been hooked for Pain at half time. Murray and Simon are toothless. Tommy and Aspro (and Pain) we the only players that looked HAL standard. O'Neill looks the standard but didnt play well tonight.
The only highlight was Rowdy's sledge on Reddy.............."I went to your Gym and i got fat! " (Reddy owns Fitness First Erina Fair apparently).

Thanks to Rowdy for then including me on that Reddy sledge since it was ''Roast Howe'' night in Bay 16

Antlion

That was about as expected. Not much to add really. Melling was a liability.

Looking forward to a near totally new team next season. We know we are unlikely to re-sign most of the players we should though I'm still holding out hope for TommyH.
The only performance to really keep your eye on for the next 3 games is Stajcic's

Forum Phoenix

What I saw was that their cattle are far superior to our cattle.
They took their chances well, and did not miss too many.
We lacked penetration in the final third as usual but their defence was rock solid.
I do not have a problem with Staj as coach, no one would be able to turn the squad he has available enough to beat the leaders. I have however seen a marked improvement in structure and defence.
Being realistic who in that team tonight side is really A-League level?
Kennedy, good reactions sometimes, but does not control his area. Bench at best.
Aspro, will be good if he can play beside a centre half like Patty Z. However he is off elsewhere.
Rowles, has a lot of talent, makes mistakes, as above needs an experienced partner and some more years. Early rumours had him moving on as well.
Clisby, really only a bench player but fills a difficult position, not really good enough if you want to be a top team.
Millar, will look good in a stronger side when he will have others making space for him. Moving elsewhere.
Melling, enthusiastic but lacks ability, he may develop but I suspect CCM was his last stop before NPL.
Hiariej, one of the true talents in the team, he has been playing forward of his true position, but as a DM with a good side, his class will show.
O'Neill, the other real talent in the team but needs better players around him for the talent to be realised. Back to Burnley.
Paine, another one who is up to standard with great enthusiasm. Apparently moving on.
Murray, has not made the step up. Difficult for a striker to look good in shit team.
Simon, has really been a bench player for the last three seasons.

Considering the above I was not to surprised with tonight's result nor even massively disappointed. I thought most of our players tried and played up to the level of their ability which on a one to one basis was a fair way behind Glory.

This squad we have at present is by far the poorest we have put on the park in the last 5 years but has probably had the most amount of money spent on it.
Just spending money is not the answer.
We desperately need a full time director of football with a massive amount of skill, connections, and ability to see value to work with whoever is coach.
This must be the immediate priority. No more part time EPL names having a holiday.

Thanks for saving me the time of writing the same post AM.

Both Matt’s were shocking tonight. And Kennedy is a massive liability. We need much better if we’re to turn our fortunes around.

On Staj, we are clearly far better organised and imo improving. However there’ll be no silk purse out of this sows ear.

Staj has done as much as you could realistically hope for in the time he’s had.
But agree with FFC, mistake to start Simon and leave out Pain. Though at least we had one player off the bench who can offer something.

Sign Jem and re-sign Tom and start building a proper team around them from the ground up.

marinermick

From what I understand Matt Simon is carrying a back injury. He had to have an epidural before the match just to get on the park.

Given his performance this was definitely a poor option.

turbo

From what I understand Matt Simon is carrying a back injury. He had to have an epidural before the match just to get on the park.
If that's accurate that's insulting to the players he got a run in front of especially Pain, as well as the fans who turned up to see him take up a starting spot.

Insertnamehere

If that's accurate that's insulting to the players he got a run in front of especially Pain, as well as the fans who turned up to see him take up a starting spot.
It's indicative of the club the last 5 years. Just utterly stupid.
Seasons gone. Give the kids a run.

turbo

It's indicative of the club the last 5 years. Just utterly stupid.
I can accept that there's been mistakes with recruitment & spending but the basic day to day stuff like this really irritates me. The kind of thing that if a mate said it you'd be asking "Are you sure that's a good idea" but no one seems to be asking it at the club, or listening if they are. You don't have to be a tactical genius to see that's a poor idea. It's not like the bloke is Ronaldo anyway where playing at 50% will outshine any other option we have, he's been struggling for impact at 100% and this is the tightest defence in the comp. From the club that's not overly surprising but I expected better than that from Staj being a fresh face.

A vote of no confidence in Hoole and Mcglinchey and just plain disrespectful to Pain and to a lesser extent Murray who got pushed out wide to accommodate him. Surely the simple answer is Pain out wide, Murray up front solo and that still gives you Hoole and Mcglinchey to work in to the subs as needed.

Antlion

You can see how from training Staj would consider the front 3 that he did. Logically Simon drops back to collect, hold up or flick on the ball to the oncoming Murray to put it in the net. Against a weaker side it may have produced something. In reality Simon is past it and Perth are too good. A younger Simon drew defenders and disrupted the backline. These days he is easily contained and really just wastes an attacking position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred