• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 23 - Melbourne Victory @ Melbourne Rectangular Stadium

Gratis

I used to be excited about games.
Honestly, I now just have a sense of dreading the impending disappointment. In the performance as much as the result.
I hope to be proven wrong - but I just don't believe I will be anymore.
Very, very hard to maintain enthusiasm.

Alas.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Tom out means we're going to play like it's our first time on the pitch again. We should get walloped 4 or 5 to nil.
The fact that our team play so extraordinarily poorly because a single player is out is most definitely a problem for the coaches. Because it makes no sense for that to happen. None.

TedShot

I’m gonna call it 5 to zip loss. I really can’t see anything else coming from this.

I am gonna tune into watch, but purely to play my favourite drinking game “drink every time you see the advertising inexplicably stitched into Muscat’s collar”

Just between you and me fellas, I think I’m gonna be the real winner on the night... and to be fair it won’t be the first time muscat rips the legs out from under someone.

Last edited:

priorpeter

I don't properly understand the mechanics of this but always thought it was covered under insurance?
If it is why would you ever NOT get an injury replacement?
Or am I mistaken?

Yeah his wages should be covered by insurance.
Can’t see us signing an injury replacement when charlesworth can just pocket the cash.

bikinigirl

Injury replacement please Mike.

. if only there was somebody local who played that position ... someone still fit enough to play at say NPL level ... someone who loves the club and leaves everything out on the pitch ... someone that can inspire their team mates and has the respect of the fans

. and if only that person was already on the payroll :unsure: :piralaugh:

bikinigirl

Tom out means we're going to play like it's our first time on the pitch again. We should get walloped 4 or 5 to nil.
The fact that our team play so extraordinarily poorly because a single player is out is most definitely a problem for the coaches. Because it makes no sense for that to happen. None.

. my memory is a bit fuzzy ... but i seem to recall one of the dutch guys (tommy i thought) on the podcast(?) early in the season saying that they don't always follow what the coach tells them to do

. would that explain it :unsure: :piralaugh:

Ancient Mariner

I don't properly understand the mechanics of this but always thought it was covered under insurance?
If it is why would you ever NOT get an injury replacement?
Or am I mistaken?
Injury money is covered by insurance.
Injury replacement allows you to bring in someone extra when you have maxed out in cap and squad numbers.

JoyfulPenguin

Injury money is covered by insurance.
Injury replacement allows you to bring in someone extra when you have maxed out in cap and squad numbers.
Isn't the injured player's wage covered by the insurance while they are out? So if we spend the same amount of money on a replacement we are spending the same amount we would have if he wasn't injured?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred