• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 23 - Melbourne Victory @ Melbourne Rectangular Stadium

Ozhammer

Hearing that Golec has fractured his tibia, which is a real tragedy for him, as he is one of the few players who can genuinely hold his head up this season.

I would like to suggest that we need to organise a collection for him like we did for Monty previously.

Gratis

Ok my anger has simmered down a little finally.
We could ALL see exactly how this game would unfold before it started (everyone except the coaching staff amazingly) and it had been described almost exactly by many on here prior to the match.
So I shouldn't have been so incensed by getting what I expected.

But there was the vaguest hope that it wouldn't be a 5-something drubbing after all.
What hit so hard was that that very hope is/should have been dead.

I've yet to see both of Pain's goals but I appreciate them at least.

All the best to Golec too, hope he is back better then ever next season. A harsh and undeserved end to his season that.

Now to quote myself: "everyone except the coaching staff amazingly" - seriously wtf!? What does it take to learn that fire burn hand, don't touch fire!
No. Learning. Is. Occurring.
Most of us are not A license level coaches. Yet we all know how to beat Okon's team, every single game. ffs.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well the big fat controller stood there until they were fixed.
Heh, seen the clip, finally know what you're talking about. Yeah, wtf was he on about?
It was a bit of a farce how long it took to fix it.

Though looking at the clip, it seemed like our players were standing around. Why didn't Okon call all the boys over to the bench and have a word? 14min into the 2nd half, we're 3-0 down - I'd say the coach desperately needs to be able to talk to them and this was a golden opportunity for that to happen.
If Okon DIDN'T do that then....fair dinkum.........maybe he should head down to Pluim, or Gavenlock, or James Browne one weekend with a notebook, learn a couple of things.

Gratis

...Though looking at the clip, it seemed like our players were standing around. Why didn't Okon call all the boys over to the bench and have a word? 14min into the 2nd half, we're 3-0 down - I'd say the coach desperately needs to be able to talk to them and this was a golden opportunity for that to happen.
If Okon DIDN'T do that then....fair dinkum.........maybe he should head down to Pluim, or Gavenlock, or James Browne one weekend with a notebook, learn a couple of things.
He was only going to say 'do Plan A better', and the players already knew that

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Me bro in QLD txted me after the Golec incident...and I paraphrase “ the things ppl do to get out of playing jolics ridiculous patterns” ...laugh, I damn near fell off the lounge

sydmariner

Antony Golec injury update
The Central Coast Mariners can today confirm that defender, Antony Golec has sustained A FRACTURE TO HIS TIBIAL PLATEAU (SHINBONE) and will undergo surgery in Melbourne today.

Golec sustained the injury in the Mariners’ Hyundai A-League Round 23 fixture against Melbourne Victory in approximately the 33rd minute of play.

The 27-year-old centre-back was immediately transported from AAMI Park to hospital by paramedics, where he spent the night.

After undergoing surgery today, Golec will return to the Central Coast later this week to complete his rehab. Unfortunately, Golec will play no further part in the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season.

Golec took the opportunity to thank those in the football family for sending him messages of support.

“I just want to say a big thank you to all of the Mariners fans and football fans across the A-League who have taken the time to send me messages of support,” Golec said.

“The amount of support I’ve received from fans, staff and players across the whole A-League has been overwhelming, so thank you to everyone who has contacted me, it means a lot,” Golec said.

pjennings

As soon as I heard Baro was out on top of Hiariej I knew we were going to struggle more than usual. Then when Golec got injured the rest of the game seemed pointless.

Negatives - plenty
Positives - Liam looked good for probably the first time this season and ...???

Scotty

Hearing that Golec has fractured his tibia, which is a real tragedy for him, as he is one of the few players who can genuinely hold his head up this season.

I would like to suggest that we need to organise a collection for him like we did for Monty previously.
Or a kitten, he seems to like them.
Seriously, he's shown his passion for the team, he will be missed.

Wombat

Antony Golec injury update
The Central Coast Mariners can today confirm that defender, Antony Golec has sustained A FRACTURE TO HIS TIBIAL PLATEAU (SHINBONE) and will undergo surgery in Melbourne today.

Golec sustained the injury in the Mariners’ Hyundai A-League Round 23 fixture against Melbourne Victory in approximately the 33rd minute of play.

The 27-year-old centre-back was immediately transported from AAMI Park to hospital by paramedics, where he spent the night.

After undergoing surgery today, Golec will return to the Central Coast later this week to complete his rehab. Unfortunately, Golec will play no further part in the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season.

Golec took the opportunity to thank those in the football family for sending him messages of support.

“I just want to say a big thank you to all of the Mariners fans and football fans across the A-League who have taken the time to send me messages of support,” Golec said.

“The amount of support I’ve received from fans, staff and players across the whole A-League has been overwhelming, so thank you to everyone who has contacted me, it means a lot,” Golec said.

Someone should start a thread for Anthony.

I will chuck in $20 and a free 1 hour massage at either East Gosford or Wyong.
Lord Golec has been one of the few positives this season.
Atomic and Bikini Girl are good at this sort of thing.

finally retired

Someone should start a thread for Anthony.

I will chuck in $20 and a free 1 hour massage at either East Gosford or Wyong.
Lord Golec has been one of the few positives this season.
Atomic and Bikini Girl are good at this sort of thing.
at massages?...the mind boggles about Bikini Girl giving a massage....:vhappy:

TedShot

Assuming he isn’t hard up for the cash himself.. I know that he volunteers at an rspca on the coast, maybe we could donate to them on his behalf since he won’t be there for a while. Or give him a voucher for pet barn or something for his own kitten.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred