• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 23 - Melbourne Victory @ Melbourne Rectangular Stadium

Hammo

Tough ask this against a mvc side who are hitting some form .
Top six is pretty well out of the equation for us but would be nice to see the boys jag something out of this and salvage some credibility for the season
Though the performance on sat leaves me wondering if we will actually see another win this season?!

Anyway another week, we keep the faith, COYY............. ...

FFC Mariner

Thanks for starting this so promptly.

I have grave fears for this game. After the Perth performance I think they have checked out

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

f*** that....
I'll still watch it for some stupid reason. Not going to go along though.
Seriously....when Tom H is out, we're better off forfeiting. No team should be affected as much as we are by the absence of a single player.
I can't figure out what the hell is happening there.
Although sometimes the best way watching a CCM game is when you know for a fact that we're going to get utterly destroyed. No expectations = no disappointment
Whereas Glory we should have been able to beat. 3 goals down is a worry too, given we have one of the best GD in the league.

serious14

I like the initiative with the thread Hammo, good to get discussion going early.

Unfortunately I see us shipping another 4 or 5. Season is over so the care factor is less than zero.

priorpeter

Booked flights to go down to this one months ago (along with the other remaining away games this season).
Wish I hadn’t.
Though there’s a festival on the Saturday in Coburg I’m rather looking forward to!
Keep the faith? I’ve tried. In the immortal words of Claude - “I’m tired, Robbie”.

Last edited:

tyson

Thanks for kicking things off, Hammo.
Will Tom be playing in this one? Does anyone know?

Wombat

Strangely we usually play quite well against Victory. Rose or Rowles needs to play LB.

I pray TOmmy is back.

Big Al

Watched them last night what a cracking game. End to end superb movement from both teams and really good game to watch.

We will get thumped

Wombat

Movement is not something I have seen from the Mariners for at least the last 6 weeks. According to my new source the players are scared to try anything in the final third and Sully is coaching exactly the same way in yoof. Possession for the sake it and no coaching of what to do with the end product.
It's like Okon and Jolic read coaching for dummies and got stuck 3 quarters through the book.

Gratis

Movement is not something I have seen from the Mariners for at least the last 6 weeks. According to my new source the players are scared to try anything in the final third and Sully is coaching exactly the same way in yoof. Possession for the sake it and no coaching of what to do with the end product.
It's like Okon and Jolic read coaching for dummies and got stuck 3 quarters through the book.
Same passing patterns and plan since pre-season. Any opposition coach worth his job has well and truly worked it out.
You can't start a game of chess with the exact same moves every single play against the same opponents over and over and win anything.
Re: the players doing it anyway - spoke to a bright mind in the game the other day who called it malicious obedience. That is, in this case, when you do exactly what you're told by your coach even though it will cause harm.
Either the players fear loosing their jobs or to believe it will work eventually. I'm inclined to suggest the bulk of players bought in at the start though

Timmah

Either the players fear loosing their jobs or to believe it will work eventually. I'm inclined to suggest the bulk of players bought in at the start though
This is it - it all seemed like it was working so well, through most of last season and even the start of this. Potential and skill is certainly there but it stalled and now isn't working.

JoyfulPenguin

Going to this one but not expecting anything, very few times a year I get to see my team live so not going to waste it. Haven't seen a Mariners win in person since becoming a Mariner, but have been in person to see us lose to a mid table NPL side.

adz

Staff member
Going to this one but not expecting anything, very few times a year I get to see my team live so not going to waste it. Haven't seen a Mariners win in person since becoming a Mariner, but have been in person to see us lose to a mid table NPL side.

s-l500.jpg

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well, I've seen top teams get rolled by obviously clueless knobs for years ....so, why cant we roll the Mexicans ...we probably wont , but it would be nice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred