• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 19 - Adelaide United [A]

jacobsfl

Not at all confident, but here's my lineup prediction.

Birras
Miller Tongyik Fox Clisby
Kim Stens
DDS Nisbet Harold
Jair

Bench - Pearce, Rowles, Stens, Ruiz-Diaz, Simon

Drop Duric and Silvera completely (attitude adjustment required).
Kim and Stens holding the midfield ship together.
Harold and DDS play the flanks and should be allowed to push in, give Nisbet a free role in the centre.
Jair plays on his own.

finally retired

Birras
Kim Stens
DDS Nisbet Harold
Jair

Drop Duric and Silvera completely (attitude adjustment required).
Kim and Stens holding the midfield ship together.
Harold and DDS play the flanks and should be allowed to push in, give Nisbet a free role in the centre.
Jair plays on his own.
I like.... except for Clisby.......SURELY we have someone else ????? (I know we tried Tommy, but that was just as painful)

turbo

If he’s back for this one I’d push Rowles out to LB. Tongyik deserves a start after his efforts which gives us
Miller ——Ziggy ——Tongyik——Rowles

We desperately need to address our midfield and take it back to basics so I’d be looking for 4-2-3-1
———— Nisbet ——Kim—————
Harold———— DDS—————— *
———————Murray——————

That starting XI sends a message that if you don’t want to be there and won’t give 100% you won’t get minutes. Every player there has been trying hard even if they made mistakes. Now for left wing that might mean playing weemac or seeing who responds in training this week. I don’t think Majok is up to it.

Subs - Simon, Stensness, Ruiz Diaz unless injury or fitness dictates otherwise.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Birras
Kim Stens
DDS Nisbet Harold
Jair

So...you’d play Clutsby but not Ziggy who for all his efforts does pull off some amazing blocks ...hmmm

style_cafe

If he’s back for this one I’d push Rowles out to LB. Tongyik deserves a start after his efforts which gives us
Miller ——Ziggy ——Tongyik——Rowles

We desperately need to address our midfield and take it back to basics so I’d be looking for 4-2-3-1
———— Nisbet ——Kim—————
Harold———— DDS—————— *
———————Murray——————

That starting XI sends a message that if you don’t want to be there and won’t give 100% you won’t get minutes. Every player there has been trying hard even if they made mistakes. Now for left wing that might mean playing weemac or seeing who responds in training this week. I don’t think Majok is up to it.

Subs - Simon, Stensness, Ruiz Diaz unless injury or fitness dictates otherwise.

That line up has merit as long as the LM isn`t Clisby or Oar.
The Newcastle LM showed us how a decent cross should be played that`s why I wouldn`t play Oar any more.
I`d be giving Hatch a run to show we`re interested and to send a message that we`re looking to the future...:popcorn:

Ancient Mariner

I am not prepared to give up on Jair until I see him get some chances to score. After the service from the midfield last week I would not judge any striker.

turbo

I am not prepared to give up on Jair until I see him get some chances to score. After the service from the midfield last week I would not judge any striker.
Had nothing to work with at all. There were times where I assumed it was Silvera defending but think Jair had dropped back to defend or look for the ball as well.

booney

Murray has plenty of chances so Jair should be given more of a go-maybe he and Harold can strike up a combination.Perhaps DDS can put some through balls for Harold to run onto and let Jair head for the 6 yard area for the cutback or cross.Likew ise Miller and Harold might work well down the right wing.That leaves the left side of the field to be improved-would Majok be able to use his speed to get behind defenders or does his poor first touch negate his speed?

Ironbark

Here's what I'd do:

Miller - Ziggy - Tongyik - Rowles
Kim - Nizzy
DDS - Duric - Oar
Harold

Try Harold as a striker. He knows how to play it. Duric as 10. DDS as a winger playing to beat his man and cut back to the mids/Harold.
If not DDS or Oar as wingers then Murray/Jair as wingers in their place.
If it doesn't work in the firat half drop Harold back to right wing and bring in one of our many sub-par strikers

turbo

Whether it’s through injury or attitude Duric needs a rest this week. Adelaide weren’t great against the roar and their bench looks as shallow as ours right now. It’s another winnable game if we actually show up to play unlike the last two.

Ancient Mariner

Here's what I'd do:

Kim - Nizzy
DDS - Duric - Oar
Harold

Try Harold as a striker. He knows how to play it. Duric as 10. DDS as a winger playing to beat his man and cut back to the mids/Harold.
If not DDS or Oar as wingers then Murray/Jair as wingers in their place.
If it doesn't work in the firat half drop Harold back to right wing and bring in one of our many sub-par strikers

Close to my team but I would go:

Kim - Nizzy
DDS - Oar - Harold
Jair

I am worried about picking Oar at #10 as it is looking as though his heart is not in it. I think Duric needs a rest either unfit or fed up.
Could leave Oar out and play Nizzy as AM. I think he could learn the position and if successful would probably suit him career wise. Turn himself into another Messi. :overheadl:But I understand that DM is his spot. We need a report from Pinklady or someone who knows his history.

4-3-3 Is also another option playing Muzz as a false #9. Anything but 4-2-2-2.
It is past time for plan B.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami