• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 - CCM v Roar @ Gosford

NoDiggity

We're at full strength bar Connor tonight, will be great to see Danny starting again and brama returning from injury (although I thought melling did a superb job last couple weeks). I'm excited for this one, 2-0 win!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
You never know, the Roar might get in front and then their socks will unravel and the shirt numbers will come loose and wrap around their eyes and they lose...OR , our front three will click and we will slaughter them

MrCelery

Interesting little fact- Skapetis scored 11 goals playing for the u23's, 8 of which were assisted by DDS.
Hopefully Paulo gives Skapetis a run up front and they can find their proven form together :)

More worryingly, he's never scored a goal for a professional club team. Let's hope he can turn that around tonight!

Timmah

More worryingly, he's never scored a goal for a professional club team. Let's hope he can turn that around tonight!
He scored for the Roar in the FFA Cup six months ago, fairly sure that counts.

Was an absolute f**king peach too.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Against Sydney we seem to show that we CAN hold most of the field against anybody out there.
SFC got some fast counters against us which is always dangerous and may be something for our back third to work on, but the ONLY area we struggled was our decision making in the final 3rd. And I feel like same faster switching and forward moving balls can help there. We were facing equivalent numbers or higher a lot when we got into the box.
Also, taken on board some feedback about my comments on Appiah and going to try to watch him with an open mind tonight :)

Forum Phoenix

Okon likes Apiah, his physical output has been measured as truly world class. That’s easy to like.

But, and it’s a big ass but, we need him to make much better decisions, get his head up and consistently find the other forwards with his final balls. Otherwise it just doesn’t matter. Another player who has only one fifth his output but does the right thing at the right time will be more valuable - except perhaps in keeping possession. Hmmmm.

pjennings

Okon likes Apiah, his physical output has been measured as truly world class. That’s easy to like.

But, and it’s a big ass but, we need him to make much better decisions, get his head up and consistently find the other forwards with his final balls. Otherwise it just doesn’t matter. Another player who has only one fifth his output but does the right thing at the right time will be more valuable - except perhaps in keeping possession. Hmmmm.

Yes - I heard that on the podcast. He has been best for us when he has come on as a sub. Maybe that is the result of the defence tiring, not keeping up with him but also not tracking our players as well as earlier in the game. This enables him to make better crosses when he is fresh and the defence is tired.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah if speed and strength/athleticism is your number one trait, matching you up against a tiring opposition with wreak the mist havoc for sure. But I think unless his limp that was mentioned on here hasn’t settled. That he’ll start.

Line up:

Back line is a given I think. But I think we’ll see Lachie on the bench with Hoole or Appiah playing left. Either way -I expect our starting wingers will be hoole and Appiah

Unsure on whether they’ll ease Wout in and start Melling. I have no concerns with this, which is nice.

DDS. Back to ten obviously.

I also think Paolo will start Powell again, with Skapetis to sub. But I’d prefer to be wrong and see what he can do.

I like what someone else said about giving him the same trust as was given to Adsrubal and see if he can make his mark. Everyone else has had their chance to stake their claim. Give him a shot. Always hard to break in and find top form with a few minutes off the bench. Anyway, we’ll see.

Last edited:

Big Al

A ferrari with no steering wheel is a useles car that goes fast, looks good but crash and burns on the turn

Big Al

Yeah if speed and strength/athleticism is your number one trait, matching you up against a tiring opposition with wreak the mist havoc for sure. But I think unless his limp that was mentioned on here hasn’t settled. That he’ll start.

Line up:

Back line is a given I think. But I think we’ll see Lachie on the bench with Hoole or Appiah playing left. Either way -I expect our starting wingers will be hoole and Appiah

Unsure on whether they’ll ease Wout in and start Melling. I have no concerns with this, which is nice.

I also think Paolo will start Powell again, with Skapetis to sub. But I’d prefer to be wrong and see what he can do.

I like what someone else said about giving him the same trust as eas given to Adsrubal and see if he can make his mark. Everyone else has had their chance to stake their claim. Give him a shot. Always hard to break in and find top form with a few minutes off the bench. Anyway, we’ll see.
Wales is an interesting one. His general play was terrible but his set pieces are so much better than Hoole’s which even Paulo said aren’t up to scratch and we will see more of Wales but that is not enough for him to start for me. That and Hoole looks the most comfortable on the left of everyone who’s tried and it’s not there natural position.

I see same back 4.
The two dutchies
Hoole DDS Appiah
Powell

Bench. Skapetis Wales Melling and Rose.

However Paulo seems to be afraid to leave Storm out of the squad but it leaves it unbalanced with him on the bench
He also may leave out Melling for Storm if he has faith in the dutchies and could move DDS back and bring on Wales into 10 or Powell and bring in Skapetis.

Has Wales jumped TBT?

We have some choices for a change but i want to see a balanced bench which should mean no storm

Gratis

Line up:

I like what someone else said about giving him the same trust as eas given to Adsrubal and see if he can make his mark. Everyone else has had their chance to stake their claim. Give him a shot. Always hard to break in and find top form with a few minutes off the bench. Anyway, we’ll see.
I see same back 4.
The two dutchies
Hoole DDS Appiah
Powell
Bench. Skapetis Wales Melling and Rose.
i think this will be the line up too, and for the most part will be happy with it. we'll find out soon via sms no doubt

Powell has waited patiently, worked hard and done little wrong so it would be hard for the coach to bench him instantly for an unknown and keep his morale up. As such I expect Powell to start. Possibly Skapetis for Appiah on the RW if Appiah not fit, otherwise he'll start with Appiah.
That said I'd personally like to see Skapetis start at 9 to see how he goes.

I think maybe this is Appiah's problem - it's hard to be clinical when running at 110%. So it's either back off a tiny bit and get more precise with the final ball or keep up the work/speed and add technique with practice.
As I've said previously if he adds this to his game I hope he stays with us as a world class player to reward us for our patience support.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred