• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 - CCM v Roar @ Gosford

Fred

Won’t be at this one, as it clashes with the Fooey’s concert in Sydney and that’s a bucket list item, as I’ve been wanting to see them live for a long time. I will be keeping tabs on the game from down there though. Anyone know how to watch it on a mobile device?

The easiest way is via a foxtel subcription and the foxtel app. If you don't have that then you will have to find a stream if you want to watch it. but if scores are just want you want then there are a heap of football apps out there to give you live updates

Forum Phoenix

Been travelling a lot lately. Strean2watch has been the most reliable of the sites I’ve used. The pop ups are a real pain though.

Greenlig had what I thought was the answer the other week. Cheap paid subscription with a non Aussie VPN. Worked perfectly - most solid stream I’d had. but last game I was too sick to go down to Sydney and it wouldn’t work at all, missed first ten finding a stream.

There’s always a few different links on stream2watch so you should be able to find one that’s buffering ok.

nebakke

Been travelling a lot lately. Strean2watch has been the most reliable of the sites I’ve used. The pop ups are a real pain though.

Greenlig had what I thought was the answer the other week. Cheap paid subscription with a non Aussie VPN. Worked perfectly - most solid stream I’d had. but last game I was too sick to go down to Sydney and it wouldn’t work at all, missed first ten finding a stream.

There’s always a few different links on stream2watch so you should be able to find one that’s buffering ok.

In theory - if one was so inclined... One could also use the Foxtel one-month free trial that they've currently got going to at least carry through to March, then cancel... And if one had more than one email address, one could theoretically keep going on that for a bit ;)
Also gives you a fine opportunity to tell them why it is that you don't feel like paying for their product, every time you cancel.

greenlig

Won’t be at this one, as it clashes with the Fooey’s concert in Sydney and that’s a bucket list item, as I’ve been wanting to see them live for a long time. I will be keeping tabs on the game from down there though. Anyone know how to watch it on a mobile device?
There's usually a stream on Youtube to be honest.

TedShot

Yeah just search youtube and then filter for "live" and there are normally a couple of options.

On the whole foxtel thing, I was thinking about that the other day, no wonder crowds are low. The only way to be serious about the sport for most people (assuming most dont want to/know how to stream etc) is to have a foxtel account. Foxtel charges extra for the sports package so you are looking at like $50 a month. Not only that, it isnt exactly advertised on free to air of course, so why would people get into a sport that requires so much just to be able to be a serious supporter of. Tv ratings get smashed by sports that appear on free to air. Foxtel went and rebranded and forgot that it is their app and expense that stopped people caring, not their logo.

sydmariner

The game was on FTA

Timmah

This game is on One, theoretically you *should* be able to stream it on the Tenplay app.

nebakke

This game is on One, theoretically you *should* be able to stream it on the Tenplay app.

I'm pretty sure that I've tried this in the past and found that they don't have streaming rights for these games... I think it just gives you a blank screen for the duration.

nebakke

Yeah just search youtube and then filter for "live" and there are normally a couple of options.

On the whole foxtel thing, I was thinking about that the other day, no wonder crowds are low. The only way to be serious about the sport for most people (assuming most dont want to/know how to stream etc) is to have a foxtel account. Foxtel charges extra for the sports package so you are looking at like $50 a month. Not only that, it isnt exactly advertised on free to air of course, so why would people get into a sport that requires so much just to be able to be a serious supporter of. Tv ratings get smashed by sports that appear on free to air. Foxtel went and rebranded and forgot that it is their app and expense that stopped people caring, not their logo.

Oh for SURE! If I was to pay for Foxtel, I'd be spending more on a TV subscription that gets used - maybe - a couple of times per week... If we're not playing at home... Than I would, actually going to a game every couple of weeks... It's not like we have any interest in, or need for, any of the channel packs that are forced upon you in order to actually get to watch the Sports pack.
There was a very short period a couple of years back, where you could get a base pack for $10 and the Sports pack for 25 on top... Still a bit on the dearer side when you consider that $10 of that was still just money wasted on a channel pack that we never used, but certainly better.

Particularly frustrating when you then looked at the $6 fee that was charged for the International streaming service that FFA used to have organised.

Timmah

I'm pretty sure that I've tried this in the past and found that they don't have streaming rights for these games... I think it just gives you a blank screen for the duration.
Same with 9 and cricket. so messed up the way rights agreements work these days

priorpeter

In theory - if one was so inclined... One could also use the Foxtel one-month free trial that they've currently got going to at least carry through to March, then cancel... And if one had more than one email address, one could theoretically keep going on that for a bit ;)
Also gives you a fine opportunity to tell them why it is that you don't feel like paying for their product, every time you cancel.

Not quite - the trial is not only tied to the email address, but also to the device it's registered on - so you can only get one trial per device.
Worked well for me for a while though as I had a couple of different devices I could use each time I signed up. f**k Foxtel & the FFA.

nebakke

Not quite - the trial is not only tied to the email address, but also to the device it's registered on - so you can only get one trial per device.
Worked well for me for a while though as I had a couple of different devices I could use each time I signed up. f**k Foxtel & the FFA.

That's true for standalone devices but not for browsers - including chromecasting from a browser to a CC which has been used before. I'm not dead certain yet but i think the same thing may go for mobiles.

Or - if you have an Android phone and a reasonable Internet connection, Google Mobdro and install that, then watch the games on the BT streams :)
That's probably the less kosher solution though.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Brisbane having a very physical game against Cerese. 1-1 half time. Very scrappy and lots of heavy fouls.

scottmac

Suspended
Brisbane now behind 1-2 after they couldn't defend a long ball. Cerese have 60% of the ball the last 15 mins.

scottmac

Suspended
Comically all the numbers falling off the roar jerseys. If your not watching this its got to be the most embarrassing moment in Australian league football

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred