• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 15 - F3 Derby #43, Scumdome

Pirate Pete

O'Donvan in this side... how did we loose him...

Rose FFS 70 meters out from goal very very very silly shirt pull, especially when on a yellow...

Whoever is in charge of the purse strings.... we need a striker ... as for Appiah love the kids work rate and spirit ... but 4 goals in 70 A-League matches and his touch under pressure ....

For me I have been saying for a while now to put Trent up front and give him a few matches but with the overseas thing even that is taken away...

I was thinking the same. I was also thinking the same when Baro fouled Matt Simon nearly on the half way line to get sent off.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'd be pretty f**king disenchanted when you have f**king trash like Appiah playing in front of you. Dude has scored 2 goals in f**king 75 apps. Enough is enough.
Appiah needs to be dropped. Permanently. Worsr striker the league has ever seen. Running is his only ability.
RUNNING IS ITS OWN F****** SPORT!!! F*** OFF AND DO THAT!!!
i get trying to help an unproven player find his groove, but when does he take responsibility for not taking the opportunity Okon inexplicably keeps giving him?

pjennings

I have no complaints Bout Rose two professional fouls. Blame lies at a different door than the referees today.

Both cards looked soft - but he was doing it all game. The first was not a yellow by itself but an accumulation of fouls. To do the second when already on a card was just dumb. The loss plus a suspension and what could be two serious injuries makes for a rather shit night.

Last edited:

Big Al

Rose thought it was ok because it was in our attacking 3rd but he got turned and Champness was away. Definitely a yellow.
Stupid.
Doesn’t matter that the first yellow was BS.

Josh is getting burnt more as getting old and is trying these holding grapples more and more. Time is up Josh.

Timmah

I have no complaints Bout Rose two professional fouls. Blame lies at a different door than the referees today.
I can't agree there. While our own lack of strike power up front certainly cost us, no doubt - the inconsistency of officiating was bizarre. Shortly after Rose was shown red, Rodriguez goes two feet up and doesn't even get a yellow? Weak as shit. If Rose's rightly called fouls are called, 10-15 other players see yellow. It's pick and choose rubbish and officials need to be better.

Timmah

Both cards looked soft - but he was doing it all game. The first was not a yellow by itself but an accumulation of fouls. To do the second when on a second was just dumb. The loss plus a suspension and what could be two serious injuries makes for a rather shit night.
Add to that I'm fairly sure this time Hoole has accrued 5 and misses Sunday.

Brama, Pain, Hoole and Rose all potentially missing *gulp*

Big Al

Hoole the best thing he did was get a yellow so will miss next game. Seriously want to slap him. Turns back to half way every time. Newcastle are laughing about us taking him

scottmac

Suspended
Melling provided more than I thought. But we lack right across the front line. Powell and Pain really only ones who have shown they can hit a shot and they are probably bench quality players for the Aleague.

Our whole front line needs to be replaced next year. Striker and both wingers. I'd keep Pain but have a starter in front of him. I think Asdrubal needs to be tried on the right in place of Appiah now. We need another set piece taker cause 100% of the deliveries Hoole is giving are f**king dread awful shit.
So Paolo, we need a striker or 2, at least 1 winger and a set piece taker for next year. This year is f**ked.
Again.
Not that the play deserved that result or the position we are in. I'm still positive about the play we are providing just frustrated about the finishing not equaling the quality of the build up.

Big Al

If Powell let the shot he hit into the keepers head roll past Wales had the tap in. We just had no luck on the real chances and Appiah blew the others

Spacks

O'Donvan in this side... how did we loose him...

Rose FFS 70 meters out from goal very very very silly shirt pull, especially when on a yellow...

Whoever is in charge of the purse strings.... we need a striker ... as for Appiah love the kids work rate and spirit ... but 4 goals in 70 A-League matches and his touch under pressure ....

For me I have been saying for a while now to put Trent up front and give him a few matches but with the overseas thing even that is taken away...
Its 2 in 75. Pre-season doesn't count.

Ozhammer

As much as this result hurts, the injuries and suspensions will force Okon into some well overdue changes and perhaps give some of the fringe players a chance to push a few starting players who are just going through the motions at the moment.

Wales put 100% more effort in than Pain was before he went off and if Hoole is suspended as I believe he may be, perhaps we can put someone at No.10 who can actually link with his team mates.

The fatigue injuries suffered tonight were a direct result of Okon not having the bottle to rotate his squad, despite having a free pass to do so. I am becoming more and more convinced that his coaching his too rigid and I overheard some players saying the training is still too intense leaving them feeling flat on game day. Someone told me that Merrick is only training the Jest 3 times a week and then primarily on tactics for the next game, meaning they are very fresh come match day. I would suggest that the relative performances of the two teams shows week to week which approach works better, notwithstanding that Scumcastle were pretty ordinary for 75 minutes of tonight’s game.

pjennings

Add to that I'm fairly sure this time Hoole has accrued 5 and misses Sunday.

Brama, Pain, Hoole and Rose all potentially missing *gulp*

Plus Glover, Trent and DDS and Ascroft all OS.

Every available player in the 23 plus Lachie makes the squad for Sunday.

LFCMariners

To the happy Scummer who grabbed my scarf on the way out and yelled whatever it was:

Your team just got out-played by a side who (mostly) played just 4 days ago in 40 degree heat. Up until a soft second yellow for Rose, your side had rarely threatened at all. Go home, crack open a couple of Woodies and count your blessings mate. Your team got out of gaol tonight, enjoy it. Games like tonight are why SFC will need some sort of collapse to not win the Premiership again, and probably the Championship also. Enjoy it while it lasts- I know that following a good team has been a LONG time coming for you...

Onto CCM:

- With better finishing, easily could have scored 2 or 3 tonight. Had the better of the Jest up until Rose got sent, but couldn’t put it in the net. That’s the frustrating part- even with a man down for the last 15 we could’ve walked out with the W.

- Rose’s second yellow was soft. And changed the nature of the game, Jest didn’t look like the side who nearly beat SFC until then.

- How on Earth did nobody in the side work out that they had the wind at their back in the second half? It’s one thing to be critical of finishing but FMD the amount of long balls that way overshot the marker...the corner flags were blowing our end all second half and NOBODY on the pitch adjusts the weight of their kicks for this?

- Despite the nonsensical fixture time, the Y.A did a great job with depleted numbers.

- BK M.O.M. He was solid tonight and you could see he had real confidence under high balls or with the Jest attackers beating down on him. If there’s one thing CCM have been blessed with over the years, it’s been good keepers time and time again.

Overall, tonight was a better indication of the gap between the two sides. Could easily have won tonight with better finishing and better adjustment to the wind factor in the second half. I don’t know how I’d feel about that one as a Jest fan if I looked at it objectively. I suppose on the one hand I’d be going “F—k the Coasties lol 7-1 ROFL” before picking up the meth pipe...BUT I’d be concerned that with over a weeks’ rest vs a side who played in Geelong 4 days back (in 40 degree heat) it took Rose getting sent for us to boss them in possession. I’d be concerned about coming fixtures where we won’t get that kind of luck.

For mine, I’m waiting for the train home and it’s a real feeling of “what could’ve been”...

Last edited:

Wombat

We were quite good. We were the better side. Josh Roses stupid stupid shirt pull is a yellow all day. So Rose cost us the game.
Kubi and Powell's finishing was appalling......Asdrubal probably would have had a hatrick.
Mellings gift of a 2nd goal was alarming........I think I prefer Liam Rose just quietly.
Wales is great and I'm looking forward to seeing him instead of Pain.
Scums new Argie looks good.

scottmac

Suspended
I'd give this a shot next game.

www.buildlineup.com
I like it but I'm worried about how the ball gets to the front third. Are we just playing long balls? I'd bring Kekeris in for Rose or Melling shift Asdrubal up top drop Powell into 10.
Or
Bring either Roux or McGing into right wing with the other at the right back Asdrubal into 9 Powell into 10 and Melling or Rose to the bench. Probs Melling seeing as though he ain't match fit.

Spacks

No, slow patient build up with the two centre mids pushing forward and Hiariej offering the back pass option then pumpin the balls to the flanks and just crossing them in. Ez Pz

greenlig

Just finished watching it. Had a good feeling up till Rose sent himself off that we would score, we just looked so much better going forward than we have in a long time...then the final pass. Hoollleeeee shit Appiah. Incredible just how bad he is with the final ball. I reckon he's more frustrated than any of us. Imagine having a part of your game that is impervious to coaching, training, or just f**king kicking it against a brick wall?? We're very shit at movement in the box. No-one eevvver looks for a cutback. Everyone just bolts for the goal-line. Blows my mind, we should have scored 5 goals tonight. Astro running onto those few balls that Appiah had shots from... I f**king wiiiish I could have seen that.

So frustrating. With every failed cross it just got worse and worse. Powell finished that first volley chance right at the beginning and we would have absolutely hammered them.

THAT SAID, losing Wout was the big killer I reckon. He was spraying some lovely attacking passes for the first 30 mins. When he's not there, Tom isn't nearly as adventurous. You can see he reins it in a bit because he doesn't trust the cover. Melling was OK, puts his body in which is good, although he cost a goal when he had a safe forward option.

I'm going to f**king bed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred