• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 15 - F3 Derby #43, Scumdome

LFCMariners

On another note, to the Scum fan on Fb who said he'd rather be 2nd with double CCM's points tally than beat SFC again (in response to a comment that at least the Mariners have beaten team #1 this season)?

Be careful what you wish for ;)

Forum Phoenix

I can't agree there. While our own lack of strike power up front certainly cost us, no doubt - the inconsistency of officiating was bizarre. Shortly after Rose was shown red, Rodriguez goes two feet up and doesn't even get a yellow? Weak as shit. If Rose's rightly called fouls are called, 10-15 other players see yellow. It's pick and choose rubbish and officials need to be better.

I agree re Rodriguez. But it's not really the point. Rose is on a yellow, he knows it, and then does what is 9 times out of 10 a professional foul and a yellow in most leagues in the world. Stupid... but as his pace has faded, he's been grappling players and hauling them back as his go to move all year when he gets routinely turned. Unfortunately the ref got that one right, regardless of whether he got others wrong.

Big Al

We were quite good. We were the better side. Absolutely
Josh Roses stupid stupid shirt pull is a yellow all day. So Rose cost us the game. Absolutely
Kubi and Powell's finishing was appalling......Asdrubal probably would have had a hatrick. Powell only had one real chance and was a lucky save. Thought he was good without being good enough. Appiah almost owes me a TV
Mellings gift of a 2nd goal was alarming........I think I prefer Liam Rose just quietly. Melling was aggressive something Liam is not. He did well imo however hos passing and dribbling not as good. The second goal was a bad error but I’ll excuse it.
Wales is great and I'm looking forward to seeing him instead of Pain. Was excellent again but did look a little uncomfortable on the left. Tried to throw in a crossed or two but they were bad with his left. Would love to see him on the right instead of Appiah and Trent. Next game surely
Scums new Argie looks good.Sure does We desperately need someone of this quality and better Ernie is not a popovic who cares how many laps he runs. He lets the players quality shine.

Big Al

On another note, to the Scum fan on Fb who said he'd rather be 2nd with double CCM's points tally than beat SFC again (in response to a comment that at least the Mariners have beaten team #1 this season)?

Be careful what you wish for ;)
They play like that and they will be 1 and done in the finals

Wombat

Powell missed an open goal in 1st half when he tried to side foot volley an easy finish....very poor technique. He missed an open goal in the 2nd half with his head when he didn't even make contact. Then headed into the side netting with another open goal but a tougher angle. Then hit the keeper when an easy goal was on offer. There were plenty of others but I haven't watched the again yet.

Ancient Mariner

A few things I noticed.

Powell was at least in position to have chances, hopefully next time they go in. The side foot volley was a howler, the header was too high for him, and the header into the side netting was almost impossible. Better positioning than Asdrubal and/or Appiah. Worth another start. I would like an attack with he, Asdrubal and DDS working together.

Appiah, could not finish but created a lot of chances all by himself by running through the opposition. Worth keeping but off the bench for the last 20 mins.

I always thought Hoole was the speed bump in our attack, after last night I have had to revise the opinion, he was more of a tank trap. He is definitely not and I doubt ever will be a #10. The only hope for a future at this level is as a possible striker. Let him go.

Josh has gone a year to far. Sad but true.

Roux as a defender gets caught out of position and ball watching far to often.

McGing is making a good fist of a difficult position.

Kennedy, Golec, Barro, Tommy and Wout are the only ones up to standard.

Too early to make a call on Melling or Wales.

As for Liam Rose I can only guess that he is now seen as cover for central defence and not much else. Maybe he could be converted into fullback?

Big Al

Powell missed an open goal in 1st half when he tried to side foot volley an easy finish....very poor technique. He missed an open goal in the 2nd half with his head when he didn't even make contact. Then headed into the side netting with another open goal but a tougher angle. Then hit the keeper when an easy goal was on offer. There were plenty of others but I haven't watched the again yet.
The volley was bad. I thought it was blocked but wasn’t. However I think it would have been if he connected correctly. But should of hit correctly so agree.

Agree with AM header was a poor pass from Appiah and above him. Great run though.

The side net agree with AM. Curled past the post with the wind. There was a small opening but would have been a wonder header.

Hitting the keeper was bad luck imo.

He had energy and got into good position but should of taken at least one of the chances. Asdrubal wouldn’t have scored any of those but he should have come on as 3rd sub.

Asdrubal needs better service as well. He us good.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Rosey, Rosey Rosey...that was just stupid or frustration at being run around since the beginning of the year, mind you the ref seemed a tad selective in his cards....to be fair, if we had any other front three in our history there last night we would of had them cleaned up by half time....Kwabi is just fkn useless Andy Harper said and I quote " his technique let him down in front of goal" I tweeted him, it said 2 goals in 75 matches, he aint got any technique, flick him let him go find his 3rd club .....as for fkn Hoole, he is without fear of contradiction, the single worst corner/ set piece taker in the league, and whats with two steps forward then turn around and shoot at Ben Kennedy, he does 75% of the time his got the ball wtf!
The injuries certainly wont help our cause although as someone said, Okon will now have to make changes whether he likes it or not....I believe the #OkonOut tweets have started, dunno about that but he really needs to have a long hard look at some recent game tapes of our awful fkn set pieces and front 3.....City should maim us

Ozhammer

A few things I noticed.

I always thought Hoole was the speed bump in our attack, after last night I have had to revise the opinion, he was more of a tank trap. He is definitely not and I doubt ever will be a #10. The only hope for a future at this level is as a possible striker. Let him go.

Hoole’s career until he joined us was best served as a winger but for whatever reason, Okon persists in playing him more centrally, much as he repeatedly tried to turn Powell into a No.10 last season without success. That he continues to allow him to take our set pieces shows how inflexibile a coach he is, so I will spell it out: IF IT AIN’T WORKING, CHANGE IT!

So for me if Hoole has to play, he moves out to the left flank to replace Pain and Asdrubal plays as the No.10 with Powell at 9 and Wales on the right flank. I know others on here will see it differently but IMO, Asdrubal has shown that he can receive and redistribute the ball, whilst Powell’s movement and positioning in the opposition’s penalty area is clearly superior to Asdrubal’s.

Defensive midfield is Tommy + 1 other (take your pick from Rosebud or Melling) whilst the only decision to make in defence is whether Rowles or Roux play at LB.

It’s easy this armchair coaching stuff isn’t it? ;)

Gratis

On Sunday I'd like to see Wales start for Pain, Hoole back on the right wing and Asdrubal and Powell start as 9 & 10 and rotate themselves between those 2 positions. I think they can both play both positions effectively and rotating will create a lot of chances by keeping the defence guessing.
Fingers crossed for Wout.

Gratis

As soon as we missed sitter after sitter early on I knew we'd cop a red and lose. It's how it goes every time we boss a team and waste our chances

Timmah

On Sunday I'd like to see Wales start for Pain, Hoole back on the right wing and Asdrubal and Powell start as 9 & 10 and rotate themselves between those 2 positions. I think they can both play both positions effectively and rotating will create a lot of chances by keeping the defence guessing.
Fingers crossed for Wout.
Hoole's out

Forum Phoenix

Yeah that’s how I saw it. The one that hit the keeper he at least put on target so while I still think he could of done better I’m not dirty over.

First side foot and headers though he needs to at least do the same and for a team struggling like ours playing our derby... painful stuff. He’s also a yard short on pace compared to most strikers and so he struggles to get in front of his man on his runs.

He was dirty on himself too, knew he should be doing better. I don’t dislike him, good attitude and tough, but you can’t get anywhere in this league without a striker who will get 10 goals without trying and imo 15 plus if they’re the real deal.

Like middy said, I couldn’t help but think of Roy, and with him I’m sure we win that game.

Also, scum were so loose and there for the taking that I’m pretty sure if we’d had our best attacking player in DDS there, we’d have managed to get up as well.

Instead, undeserved loss and two players injured, one vital to us.

Thought apart from the awful goal error Melling looked a much stronger defender than Rosey and will get the ball moving forward quickly or carry it himself. So I liked him. But Wout is a clever player, skilled defender and great passer. Will be missed I’m afraid.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

2 goals in 75 games....surely you should be scoring more than that by accident. Falcon off keeper deflections, that sort of thing.
Hoole....was alright for a few games. He can run really well with the ball

shipwreck

Not a top six team and Paolo is not a top six coach....yet.

He has had this team for long enough to do better, personally I wish we signed Merrick.

scottmac

Suspended
Not a top six team and Paolo is not a top six coach....yet.

He has had this team for long enough to do better, personally I wish we signed Merrick.
I dont agree with this at all. If Okon had the luxury of spending what Merrick had we would have destroyed the jest last night. In fact most teams. Our play is some of the best in the league we just dont finish our chances.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred