• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 15 - F3 Derby #43, Scumdome

Big Al

It's the scum, of course we can do em! Pissed that its three days after a game in 40+ heat. No way it can't affect us :headbutt:

What was the rationale for this needing to be on a Tuesday night??
Think they have gone the school holidays work holidays route but are week late imo

Timmah

I expect the rationale was that Fox wanted to be able to advertise a game a day for most of Jan.
I'll be missing this one - I'd really like to go, even with the way we're currently playing, but not keen on a 2 hour track work plagued trip home from Sydney followed by a trip to Scum dome and that's before I even deal with having to take time off to make it or going to work the next day.
Whoever thought this option was even close to acceptable is bound for a reality check. This fixture will only be saved by Jest bandwagoners I reckon.
Not that I ever feel bad for Citeh fans, but it sucks for them that their team is playing at 10pm the same night AEDT.

Ridiculously dumb scheduling. Why there's a midweek round this week instead of last week has me stumped.

Timmah

Squads named - ours is unchanged with Melling and Rowles likely to feature, not sure who at the expense of - possibly one of the Roses?

Kurt Ams is the referee.

Scummers have Duncan (GK), Boogaard and Vujica back, and their signing Rodriguez is listed.

Ozhammer

It's the scum, of course we can do em! Pissed that its three days after a game in 40+ heat. No way it can't affect us :headbutt:

What was the rationale for this needing to be on a Tuesday night??
No good bleating about the effects of the heat in Geelong and travel/turnaround when we sold our 14th home game to MVC, that’s something the club has to live with, whilst the team suffers the consequences.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah the rotations needed are a serious puzzle.

The only cert is surely Powell For Adsrubal would be a given and Rowles for Roux? Then Roux can come on for McGing later in the match, or a flagging CB with Rowles to push central. Don't see him willingly switching out Baro or Golec from the starting lineup but after a game in that heat, who knows. (1 sub made)

I'm wondering if he may sub Melling in for either Wout or Tommy, and play one Dutchy for 60 then bring the other on to replace him for 30 odd, then reverse it for the third game. Expect L.Rose would be disappointed to see Meliing go above him but I think it's likely. And would be happy with it. We will need all our muscle and grit in this one. (Second sub made)

Think he will keep Hoole at 10 for now – but he will def tire so Adsrubal coming on for Hoole – with the option of Powell dropping back instead and Adsrubal going upfront... Personally I''d start Lachie Wales for Connor. ( Final Sub made)

But here's the rub, I'd want to start Kubi too if he's ok but as we can't sub Bingham for him, perhaps the start has to go to Bingham instead. The way Kubi plays you would think that backing up for a second game would have to end up really hampering him. If so, this would mean it's Bingham's big chance. Fail to grab it with both hands, and I don't see him featuring much ever again once our fixtures settle down.

Interested to hear other peoples take on it...

Forum Phoenix

No good bleating about the effects of the heat in Geelong and travel/turnaround when we sold our 14th home game to MVC, that’s something the club has to live with, whilst the team suffers the consequences.

Sheep.jpg

Club sells it's games to keep our club afloat, not for kicks. Totally seperate issue from FFA's ridiculously shit scheduling which is what I'm actually pissed about. The hottest day in 80 odd years that would have been f**king awful here also falling on our shortest rest game is just plain old bad luck, but yeah that bad luck further pisses me off because there's a scum derby I badly to WIN!

Don't see how any of that is on the club? I mean I know people love to blame Charlesworth for our short comings, but surely being held accountable for bad weather even Wombat would give Pikey a pass on? o_O

Forum Phoenix

Disturbingly good point.

Does the ball bouncing in off Adsrubal count? :(

St Tommy may need to perform some kind of exorcism. Though with our luck he'll probably just end up dying for all our sins.

Ozhammer

View attachment 1048

Club sells it's games to keep our club afloat, not for kicks. Totally seperate issue from FFA's ridiculously shit scheduling which is what I'm actually pissed about. The hottest day in 80 odd years that would have been f**king awful here also falling on our shortest rest game is just plain old bad luck, but yeah that bad luck further pisses me off because there's a scum derby I badly to WIN!

Don't see how any of that is on the club? I mean I know people love to blame Charlesworth for our short comings, but surely being held accountable for bad weather even Wombat would give Pikey a pass on? o_O
The club wouldn’t have known how the fixture list would have conspired against us when it decided to sell the extra game off and I get why they did it from an economic perspective but how much better would it have been to have played MVC at CCS on Sat, rather than having to go all the way down to Geelong?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know but Paolo will have a big task to get the boys ready for tomorrow night, whilst the Jest will have had 6 days to prepare. The FFA really needs to be taken to task for shit scheduling like this, as there is no way it can be seen as doing anything other than hand a huge advantage to Scumcastle.

Competition integrity? Don’t make I laugh!!!

:soapbox:

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

The club wouldn’t have known how the fixture list would have conspired against us when it decided to sell the extra game off and I get why they did it from an economic perspective but how much better would it have been to have played MVC at CCS on Sat, rather than having to go all the way down to Geelong?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know but Paolo will have a big task to get the boys ready for tomorrow night, whilst the Jest will have had 6 days to prepare. The FFA really needs to be taken to task for shit scheduling like this, as there is no way it can be seen as doing anything other than hand a huge advantage to Scumcastle.

Competition integrity? Don’t make I laugh!!!

:soapbox:
Yeah agree with all that. FWIW Sean has said how badly they want to keep all our games here as well, so with the awesome job that Dan is doing with increasing memberships numbers even in a down swing period, and hopefully with the owners taking control from the FFA, that day is not too much further off.

Reactions: adz

Big Al

Rowles and Melling played sat night as well. They aren’t exactly fresh. While it was at night it’s still a tight turn around for guy who lack match fitness so they just might be bench cover.

L Rose must play as well as J Rose over Roux

Timmah

The other question being - why the hell is the most condensed scheduling period right when there are international commitments?
Tell me about it. This round getting played just one week earlier and chances are we have our U23 reps.

Anyway re: Geelong, while it was hot most of the day, it was actually quite cool by kickoff - the expected cool change arrived early and it was sub-30 by the time the game got underway, so I don't know that the players would've been *that* adversely affected compared to any other game.

Ozhammer

Tell me about it. This round getting played just one week earlier and chances are we have our U23 reps.

Anyway re: Geelong, while it was hot most of the day, it was actually quite cool by kickoff - the expected cool change arrived early and it was sub-30 by the time the game got underway, so I don't know that the players would've been *that* adversely affected compared to any other game.
It was only cool if you were sat in the shade, I bet it was a different story out on the pitch! :fireup:

Wombat

View attachment 1048

Yes. I dont blame Michael for the weather.

Wombat

I like to take my lad (15yo in this vid) up to the scumdome but he is working so lucky i have my mate Angry with me!!
Yeah the rotations needed are a serious puzzle.

The only cert is surely Powell For Adsrubal would be a given and Rowles for Roux? Then Roux can come on for McGing later in the match, or a flagging CB with Rowles to push central. Don't see him willingly switching out Baro or Golec from the starting lineup but after a game in that heat, who knows. (1 sub made)

I'm wondering if he may sub Melling in for either Wout or Tommy, and play one Dutchy for 60 then bring the other on to replace him for 30 odd, then reverse it for the third game. Expect L.Rose would be disappointed to see Meliing go above him but I think it's likely. And would be happy with it. We will need all our muscle and grit in this one. (Second sub made)

Think he will keep Hoole at 10 for now – but he will def tire so Adsrubal coming on for Hoole – with the option of Powell dropping back instead and Adsrubal going upfront... Personally I''d start Lachie Wales for Connor. ( Final Sub made)

But here's the rub, I'd want to start Kubi too if he's ok but as we can't sub Bingham for him, perhaps the start has to go to Bingham instead. The way Kubi plays you would think that backing up for a second game would have to end up really hampering him. If so, this would mean it's Bingham's big chance. Fail to grab it with both hands, and I don't see him featuring much ever again once our fixtures settle down.

Interested to hear other peoples take on it...

Never start Kubi.
Its like playing with 10 men.

Timmah

It was only cool if you were sat in the shade, I bet it was a different story out on the pitch! :fireup:
I'm sure it was warmer out on the pitch than in the stands but the hottest weather had well and truly passed and the cool change had taken effect, even out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred