• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 14 - Victory v CCM @ Geelong

TedShot

Need to stop taking asdrubal off and sub Powell on for Hoole. I think Powell and asdrubal would work amazing together.

Would also love to see Powell get a start.

Great goal tho having said all that!!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Need to stop taking asdrubal off and sub Powell on for Hoole. I think Powell and asdrubal would work amazing together.

Would also love to see Powell get a start.

Great goal tho having said all that!!
Do you think? On the face of it I think asdrubal has probably been our most underwhelming new signing, although it's tight between him and Golec

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think he is getting shit service, but is a great passer himself. With him and Powell both forward I think would be lethal. Hoole has been pretty shit lately in my opinion.
I think about all the times he trips over the ball in front of the goal though - I expected he'd be able to make his own opportunities. He also isn't delivering any service himself.

TedShot

I think about all the times he trips over the ball in front of the goal though - I expected he'd be able to make his own opportunities. He also isn't delivering any service himself.
Eh, don’t really think it’s a strikers job to give service tho. He seems to be getting pushed out of position by Hoole. I think he can pass and has vision.

Mostly I want Powell to get more time tho. He is great.

Ancient Mariner

Looking at our starting line up today, I would keep the two central defenders, the two DMs, the keeper and build a new team around them.

Big Al

Great energy and great run and pass. Well done Wales. Perfect from the subs. Good change and they made a difference.
@Capn Gus Bloodbeard Wales played last year and may even have been against MV or City I think.

The defence was weak today and got lucky.

A point won more than 2 lost.

Wombat

This is going to be a terrible 9 days. I am expecting 3 losses, unfortunately. MV are in form. Jets are a legit championship threat. City....who knows, but we're facing them under very difficult circumstances and our match fitness and focus has reverted back to pre-season levels.

The only way we can pull out a win over the next games is if we do what we did against Sydney and come out full throttle, incredibly fired up and focused for some random reason and pull something out of our arse. Our depth is still going to be an issue.

Earlier in the season we thought something clicked and it was all working. Whatever clicked broke again. Maybe the formation change we're going to see will help it click again, but I'm having a hard time believing our team is that adaptable.

Well Mr Negative. 1 point more than you thought and 6 more to fight for.

COYY.

greenlig

Wout gave everything, love how committed he is. The run and block against Kosta was awesome.
Kennedy was good, goal against; everyone was fooled by Berisha, but we should have had a block a few times.
Also the foul against Wout looked soft but hey, it could have happened.
Hoole thinks the #10 has to hold onto the ball and do something cool. Night and day with DDS, but he a big, aggressive boy. We need more of that.
We looked good when Tommy was on the ball, his turn to set up that chance is on repeat in my household this week.
We created a lot of chances, but it looks like a bunch of midfielders who caaaan score goals trying to do so. No-one looks like their #1 job is to score shitloads of goals. Haven't had that since O'D, McBreen before him.
Powell can finish, strikes me as a professional player (does the job, if he's there he'll score).
Astro is mercurial, also nowhere near the goals most of the time.
Holy f**k Golec, good block. Also nearly cost a goal.
McGing, good. Where'd you come from again?
Roux, please defend and get to know our attacking players. It's better that way. McGing is showing you what player development looks like.
Pain doesn't track runs...at all. Like, ever.
Wales looked good for the first ten minutes, went missing after that. Also doesn't defend super well.
Baro was good, solid mongrel.
Appiah got into good positions sometimes, but his passing never quite hits the mark. Cost a few chances like that.
Rose senior, MOM.
Ned Zelic is a f**king moron, Speed sounds like my annoying mate Steve.

</endStream>

Wombat

I only just got home. I haven't seen the match but am happy with the result.

Can someone please post a review and player ratings.

Thanks Greeny!

true believer

Painful listening on the radio
player ratings ? Sound like same for the last 5 weeks .
Im wondering whether the players have stopped believing paulies plan .

I also wonder should astro being playing 10 and hoole/powell at 9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred