• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 14 - Victory v CCM @ Geelong

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

You're keen!
I remember watching out boys melt like a forgotten pine lime splice on another warm match.
We don't have the fitness to handle the heat, or the skill/experience to know how to play to accommodate to our own weakness. I mean, our back line could get tired standing still - we've seen them do it!!

Timmah

Squads named.

For them: Djulbic & Broxham named. Williams out (susp), Deng out (Olyroos)

For us: Rose, Melling, Pearce & Wales named. DDS, Glover out of the squad (Olyroos) as well as Buhagiar being N/A for same reason.

Big Al

Wouldn’t he surprised to see some interesting teams in the next two games.

Paulo mentioned will have to rotate as it’s going to be hot and have two games in 3 days and travel. He has his eye on both games

Ozhammer

Just seen the boys at Melbourne airport and the travelling squad is: Rose 1 & 2, Roux, Golec, Baro, McGing, Powell, Pearce, Wales, Pain, Hoole, Asdrubal, Appiah, Kennedy, Tommy, Wout, so no Rowles or Melling.

Forum Phoenix

The other thing about short turn arounds beyond tiring legs - is that you don’t really have time to reassess or fix things via training sessions only review.
Big few games ahead that if Paolo still hopes to be up there in the mix, will really define our season.

Win a couple of these and we’d be full of confidence. But to do that... we need to score goals. :-|

Big Al

Just seen the boys at Melbourne airport and the travelling squad is: Rose 1 & 2, Roux, Golec, Baro, McGing, Powell, Pearce, Wales, Pain, Hoole, Asdrubal, Appiah, Kennedy, Tommy, Wout, so no Rowles or Melling.
Both potential bench for Newcastle

Big Al

Djulbic is supposed to be playing as Victory short on defense. We need to target him. He can be sloppy at the best of times but coming in mid season should mean he is a risk for them.

Gratis

Unless we surprise like we did against Sydney they'll do us.
As will the teams in the following 3 games. Here we go. Love to be wrong but if I were a betting man...

scottmac

Suspended
We've got a great defensive record which is funny seeing as though we shipped half or goals against in the first 2 or 3 games. We just can't score. The worst goals for record in the comp and if you look at our play it doesn't deserve that record. Asdrubal or Pain or Appiah need to start scoring and quick. Powell isn't part of that cause he's really only had one full game and has assisted or scored 4 of our 13 goals. For me that's a damming stat against the 3 i've mentioned.
I think victory play a game that is suited to our style so it could be high scoring.
I'm tipping a 3-1 victory for us. That's if wet get some goals out of our forwards

Big Al

Can’t foul anyone near the box or Leroy will make us pay. We did handle them quite well last time but they are starting to play better now.

Need the win to stay close to the 6 after last nights games the 6 has moved away from us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred