• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 14 - Victory v CCM @ Geelong

Forum Phoenix

We've got a great defensive record which is funny seeing as though we shipped half or goals against in the first 2 or 3 games. We just can't score. The worst goals for record in the comp and if you look at our play it doesn't deserve that record. Asdrubal or Pain or Appiah need to start scoring and quick. Powell isn't part of that cause he's really only had one full game and has assisted or scored 4 of our 13 goals. For me that's a damming stat against the 3 i've mentioned.
I think victory play a game that is suited to our style so it could be high scoring.
I'm tipping a 3-1 victory for us. That's if wet get some goals out of our forwards

Love this post. Just struggling for the confidence to believe we’ll start scoring again. But don’t see Victory being kept scoreless either. So we have to.

Love game days. I think of Fury and Gold Coast and the FFA and we’re bloody lucky to still have a club at at all to support!

Few issues in our attack to resolve but everything else I’m very positive and excited about, time to get back to good form and good cheer.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

This is going to be a terrible 9 days. I am expecting 3 losses, unfortunately. MV are in form. Jets are a legit championship threat. City....who knows, but we're facing them under very difficult circumstances and our match fitness and focus has reverted back to pre-season levels.

The only way we can pull out a win over the next games is if we do what we did against Sydney and come out full throttle, incredibly fired up and focused for some random reason and pull something out of our arse. Our depth is still going to be an issue.

Earlier in the season we thought something clicked and it was all working. Whatever clicked broke again. Maybe the formation change we're going to see will help it click again, but I'm having a hard time believing our team is that adaptable.

Big Al

A League app has preview for the game and we have never beaten Kev while he is the boss. He has 10 wins and 3 draws against us.

Also has Kennedy with a 79% save percentage the best in the league to have played more than 1 game

Big Al

Weatherzone app says 42c at 5pm
Dropping to 36c at kickoff 31c at halftime and 26c at fulltime.

We are going to have some baked boys for Newcastle

Ozhammer

It’s game day and we are on the train to Geelong hoping that the boys can spring a surprise ambush on the Muscateers.

It s already as hot as Hades and I am clinging to the hope that the temperature today knocks them around more than us.

Paolo said at the airport that the boys trained early at Tuggerah yesterday, in order to be fully recovered for tonight. Let’s hope he he got that bit right.

COYY :overheadl:

shipwreck

Last time I didn't get up at 3am to watch we best Sydney 2-0 and all other games I've dragged myself out of bed to see us play shit.

For the good if you lads that are bracing the heat, I might sleep in.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
And thus this absolute farce of a scheduling debarcle begins , I’m not expecting max points over the course of the next 9 days , but a point or two would be nice, you never know , if it’s gonna click, this would be a good time to do it....and wouldn’t it stun the pundits...which is always good
#COYY

Big Al

Gone back to last year’s formation with 1 #10 Hoole and two wingers with the dutch boys holding us together

Wales on bench

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred