• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 Away @ WSW

marinermick

Saturday, October 12 2019
Kick-off: 5.00pm AEDT
Broadcast: FOX Sports 505 and ABC TV
Stream: MyFootball Live App, Kayo Sports, ABC iview

Referee: Alireza Faghani
Assistant Referee 1: David Walsh
Assistant Referee 2: Andrej Giev
Fourth Official: Ben Abraham
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

Will be interesting to see how the new referee goes in Australia. One of the best in the world. From memory he was never overbearing and over refereeing. Might need a bit of adjustment from the Iran league.

turbo

Two to be omitted might not be a thing anymore, or at least for much longer. Victory confirmed the 7 man bench, two of which must be Australian U23s. With Majok, Shabow and Nisbet all well under that we should be able to take that full list.

Rowdy

What happened to Majok & Tongyik (despite injured) supposed to be unavailable, with International call-up's for Sth Sudan ??

Rowdy

FTBL.com's Rnd 1 Preview:

SATURDAY, October 12
@ Bankwest Stadium, 5pm
Western Sydney Wanderers v Central Coast Mariners

Head to head:
Wanderers 11, Mariners 6, drawn 6

Last clash:
Round 26, 2018-19,
@ Central Coast Stadium:
Central Coast 3 v Wanderers 1

Western Sydney return to Wanderland after three years of a nomadic existence in the unloved Homebush precinct. Markus Babbel has overhauled his squad and will be desperate to make a winning start at Bankwest Stadium. The Mariners had an encouraging FFA Cup campaign ahead of their first full season under ex-Matildas boss Alen Stajcic but have only won once on their past 24 A-League away days.

Key:
Bankwest Stadium. The Wanderers' astonishing success in their early days was built on amazing support and returning to Parramatta will be huge for them.

Tip: Wanderers

turbo

What happened to Majok & Tongyik (despite injured) supposed to be unavailable, with International call-up's for Sth Sudan ??
If I had to guess it looks like they might have been in the extended squad that gets trimmed down. The South Sudan football page has a match sheet from yesterday with some of the others playing.

Ads

Line up predictions? I'm going with
-------------------------Birighitti---------------------------
Ziggy -------- Fox ----------Rowles -------- Clisby
-----------------------Stensness--------------------------
Silvera ---------Duric ---------DDS-------------- Oar
--------------------------Murray---------------------------

With the possibility of Duric dropping back for a 4-2-3-1 an option too.

Bench GG, weemac, majok, nisbet, pearce.

I hope they go with Stieness and have Duric further up.

But have a feeling maybe Mcglinchy might be up in the line of 4 with Duric behind.

3rd option is to throw WSW off the expected and put Nizzy in next to Duric for more connections from the back to the front in a 4-2-3-1.

I think if we are looking towards the future this set up suits the younger players we have and is a solid foundation to start to dominate more games from the outset.

Ziggy --------Fox———Rowles——-Clisby
-------———Nisbit-------Duric--------------
——Silvera———DDS————Oar——
------------------—--Murray------------------

Rowdy

Nizzy has a great passing game whereas Stensness offers more in the physicality and HAS featured more in the pre-season fixtures, thus think he'll get the nod.

Can't see a methodical Staj taking a risk on Nizzy 'starting' over GS in the first game, he'll be looking for a win or at a minimum, a point playing away against WSW.

Michael

Nizzy has a great passing game whereas Stensness offers more in the physicality and HAS featured more in the pre-season fixtures, thus think he'll get the nod.

Can't see a methodical Staj taking a risk on Nizzy 'starting' over GS in the first game, he'll be looking for a win or at a minimum, a point playing away against WSW.

Definitely
Stens is more of a typical ball winner. Get the ball and short sharp passes to the ball players. Exactly what Melling SHOULD do, but doesn’t.
Nizzy shocks oppo players every tackle he makes and I’d say better with the ball than stens but yeah, stens clearly in favour with Staj as the back up to Kim. And he’s had a pretty decent rise in the last 10 months or so.

pjennings

Definitely
Stens is more of a typical ball winner. Get the ball and short sharp passes to the ball players. Exactly what Melling SHOULD do, but doesn’t.
Nizzy shocks oppo players every tackle he makes and I’d say better with the ball than stens but yeah, stens clearly in favour with Staj as the back up to Kim. And he’s had a pretty decent rise in the last 10 months or so.

I agree - I see Stensness and Melling as cover for Kim. Nisbet is more cover for Duric

Forum Phoenix

I hope they go with Stieness and have Duric further up.

But have a feeling maybe Mcglinchy might be up in the line of 4 with Duric behind.

3rd option is to throw WSW off the expected and put Nizzy in next to Duric for more connections from the back to the front in a 4-2-3-1.

I think if we are looking towards the future this set up suits the younger players we have and is a solid foundation to start to dominate more games from the outset.

Ziggy --------Fox———Rowles——-Clisby
-------———Nisbit-------Duric--------------
——Silvera———DDS————Oar——
------------------—--Murray------------------

That or Stensness for Nizzy would be my side

NoDiggity

:oops:
Well, Staj says he’s an incredible footballer and he’s been doing full training for 10 days. So let’s hope we see him get 20 or so minutes off the bench this weekend.
Unavailable: 19.Matthew SIMON (Suspended – 1 Week), 21.Ruon TONGYIK (Injured – Leg),4. Eunsun KIM (Injured – Leg)

marinermick

Squad depth will be tested with this one with up to five players out, three or four probable starters.

Draw will be a good outcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred