• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 2018/19 v Brisbane Roar

Josho Howe

Oar going up against his former team having a point to prove is exciting. If his excellent delivery with crosses into the box continues that should surely create at least 2-3 chances for Ross and Simmo to put away.

Offsider

Oar going up against his former team having a point to prove is exciting. If his excellent delivery with crosses into the box continues that should surely create at least 2-3 chances for Ross and Simmo to put away.

And mm having an axe to grind as well.
Much will depend on el capitano staying onside :popcorn:

Tevor

Too many seasons have passed where our ex-players have had blinders against us and we have had to put up with mediocre from the likes of Hoole and Kennedy against the scum just to mention a few of the numerous examples. I would love to see MM get this team pumped for this game and a MOM by Oar. Not that much to ask really.:cheers:

Michael

Can't see O'Neill starting after injury.

Kennedy
McGing - Cisse - Golec - Clisby
Hiariej - McGlinchey
Murray - Ross - Oar
Simon

Bench - Pearce, Pain, O'Neill, Rowles, Melling

Looking forward to Oar vs Hingert

That’ll be a one sided battle, I personally don’t rate Hingert at all, no better than McGing or Millar.
Left hand side will be the go to for us on Sunday.

Wombat

O'Neill had no worries at training today, so hopefully he starts.

Shabow looked good today for reserves v 1sts.

We could have a new RB this weekend!! McGing was RB and Millar on the wing in front of him....for the reserves.

Tommy and Ross look so classy.

Bolt is now called Uzzy and his touch is improving alot but his heading needs alot of work. He seams a popular member of the squad now and the boys look like a close knit bunch.
Hoole was running and doing some skills drills but he is carrying a bit of beef due to his injury. He didnt take part in the 11 v 11.

COYY.

Wombat

He was not. But I think he was there to bolster the other side as their main outlet from defence. ( I'm also tipping that he is a hard lil bastard as he had baby pink boots.....you have to have a lot of confidence to get away with that.)

The possible RB has played LB and CB before for us last season.

Big Al

He was not. But I think he was there to bolster the other side as their main outlet from defence. ( I'm also tipping that he is a hard lil bastard as he had baby pink boots.....you have to have a lot of confidence to get away with that.)

The possible RB has played LB and CB before for us last season.
Golec

Ozhammer

Not sure I see the wisdom of playing a leftie on the right side of defence tbh but then I am something of a traditionalist (I hate inverted wingers that were all the rage a season or two back). Surely McGing should be given a chance to show what he can do rather than playing Rowles out of position against someone like Bautheac?

localpom

Not sure I see the wisdom of playing a leftie on the right side of defence tbh but then I am something of a traditionalist (I hate inverted wingers that were all the rage a season or two back). Surely McGing should be given a chance to show what he can do rather than playing Rowles out of position against someone like Bautheac?
I hadn't thought about this before but makes sense. Rowles at least is a defender, and can play LB with no problem. It isn't that mush of a shift. McGing did a decent job but isn't a RB. Kyle is quick, passes well, and has a decent cross......on his left, not sure about his right!

Ozhammer

I think Rowles agility and aggression make him a decent choice as long as he’s not too one footed.
That’s the key issue here, like it often is with lefties, they tend to be very one-footed. I would much rather play a right footer at RB, as they will always be more comfortable.

Wombat

Thats the problem Oz we have seen how McGing goes at RB. Rowles may be too left footed but I think he will be fine. Hopefully Aspro can come in soon unless Rowles owns it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred