• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 2018/19 v Brisbane Roar

Josho Howe

I think this'll be our side.

Kennedy
McGing - Cisse - Golec - Clisby
Hiariej - O'Neill
Murray - Ross - Oar
Simon

Bench - Pearce, Pain, Melling, McGlinchey

Mulvey has deployed Ross as a 10 but he will definitely be playing 9. While l like the look of Ross at 10 in an attacking sense, defensively is another story. I feel we'll have a gap in midfield that'll need to covered. Tommy H and O'Neill (or McGlinchey if he comes in) will have to do a lot of work in shutting the opposition down high up the field and then we counter from there.

Oar's crossing in the game last week was excellent and him and McCormack have the potential to combine for plenty of goals.

Whilst l am very excited about what this side can do with the ball, without it is a different story. One thing is for sure, our games will have plenty of goals in them.

Michael

Having put even more thought about the RB conundrum I do feel like McGing may get first nod due to more experience at this level.
Murray is so bloody close to starting first up, he looked so good on the weekend. I would love him in a front two more than out wide although he was effective in the role he played as not a classic winger more of a wide poacher playing simple and getting into the box, in saying that though, Murray looks more comfortable on the ball than Pain in most situations. But wee Mac has been very very good through out pre season and his experience will probably give him the nod over Murray IF O’Neil doesn’t make it.
Can’t see Melling starting either way tbh.

I’d love for my boy Kekeris to sneak the bench but have to admit it’s not happening this early.
I cannot wait for Tommy Oar’s beautiful left to provide constant chances for us.
No excuses for the strikers when he’s whipping in a cross.

Wombat

I think this'll be our side.

Kennedy
Hiariej - O'Neill
Murray - Ross - Oar
Simon

Bench - Pearce, Pain, Melling, McGlinchey

Mulvey has deployed Ross as a 10 but he will definitely be playing 9. While l like the look of Ross at 10 in an attacking sense, defensively is another story. I feel we'll have a gap in midfield that'll need to covered. Tommy H and O'Neill (or McGlinchey if he comes in) will have to do a lot of work in shutting the opposition down high up the field and then we counter from there.

Oar's crossing in the game last week was excellent and him and McCormack have the potential to combine for plenty of goals.

Whilst l am very excited about what this side can do with the ball, without it is a different story. One thing is for sure, our games will have plenty of goals in them.

Murray in before WeeMac......I don't think so brother.

true believer

Where watch it. As i"ve dumped poxtel.
I was wondering what "side lines" is like ?
It was good for the bolt campbelltown game .

Scotty

Excellent posts lads, enjoyed reading everyone's expectations.
I predict our early season matches to be high scoring ones (at both ends). Our defence looks vulnerable until Aspro comes in. We can certainly bang in some goals against the Roar, it's going to be a matter of staying tight in defence.

2-2 with a brace to SuperMac.

Cannot wait!!!

Ozhammer

It is interesting that MacDonald is not part of the initial debates, especially as he has featured heavily throughout pre-season.

Like many have said, MMM has his work cut out for him in selecting the side what with having so many options across the park, which is something we haven’t seen for a long time.

COYY!

Big Al

It is interesting that MacDonald is not part of the initial debates, especially as he has featured heavily throughout pre-season.

Like many have said, MMM has his work cut out for him in selecting the side what with having so many options across the park, which is something we haven’t seen for a long time.

COYY!
Have a listen to interview with Mulvey on fox podcast I’ve put the link in the squad thread.
Talks about what the NPL players coming up need. Think Murray will be the only one pressing the first team IMO

Timmah

@Big Al you know it.

Referee: Chris Beath
Assistant Referee 1: Nathan MacDonald
Assistant Referee 2: Anton Shchetinin
Fourth Official: Adam Kersey
VAR: Craig Zetter

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 5.00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 1 (New Zealand) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers

Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (4BC, Coast FM & SEN+). ABC News Radio, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Listen App – A-League Live.

j0_111395_0.png

Brisbane Roar FC squad: 1.Brendan WHITE (gk), 4.Daniel BOWLES, 6.Avram PAPADOPOULOS, 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN, 8.Jacob PEPPER, 9.Adam TAGGART, 11.Eric BAUTHEAC, 13.Stefan MAUK, 14.Alex LOPEZ, 15.Stefan NIGRO, 17.Matt MCKAY (c), 19.Jack HINGERT, 21.Jamie YOUNG (gk), 22.Tobias MIKKELSEN, 23.Dylan WENZEL-HALLS, 24.Connor O’TOOLE, 26.Nicholas D’AGOSTINO, 33.HENRIQUE **two to be omitted**
Unavailable: 2.Dane INGHAM (ankle – 3 weeks), 10.Brett HOLMAN (knee – TBC)

j1_111396_0.png

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 10.Tommy OAR, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Josh MACDONALD, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 20.Kalifa CISSE, 22.Jacob MELLING, 25.Jordan MURRAY, 44.Ross McCORMACK **two to be omitted**
Unavailable: 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (ACL), 7.Andrew HOOLE (foot injury), Corey GAMEIRO (Hamstring)

Masterfoods quality sauce: https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyundai-a-league-ins-and-outs-round-1

Offsider

That’s not a bad looking squad with aspro and gamiero still to come in.......... but not in now .............. and I think the defense could use aspro back at his pre injury form.

There is plenty to like after listening to Mulvey earlier. Pity the pocket dynamo didn’t get a nod whereas all the npl’s that mm said needed the fitness work to transition to fulltime are in ???. (that not being a bad thing ....... jus’ sayin’ ).:popcorn:

Michael

Big smile when seeing O’Neil made the squad.
Golec’s recovery is nothing short of amazing. Good on him, very decent player, loves banter, gets stuck in and works hard even if he’s not having a great game.

pjennings

Can't see O'Neill starting after injury.

Kennedy
Hiariej - McGlinchey
Murray - Ross - Oar
Simon

Bench - Pearce, Pain, O'Neill, Rowles, Melling

Looking forward to Oar vs Hingert

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics