• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Roar v CCM - Grand Final

Muppet

Found this on the NBN News website. Highlights of the Mariners season. Enjoy. http://www.nbntv.com.au/index.php/2010/12/30/mariners-2010-highlights-reel/

MrCelery

No, we'll have a new chance to win a Grand Final before those scenarios are likely! :piralaugh:

Brisbane deserve to enjoy their year ... now Arnie now is the time to find some extra money, and plot us into a double next year, and a big ACL campaign, and then FFA Cup winners! Who would be a fan of any other club?

walk.jpg

Photo: Lowenna Rappo

Would love to see more photos of the great day. Hint.

pjennings

Following the Mariners is a bit like following the Socceroos used to be - every few years there's excitement punctuated by devastation.

We were saying the same thing while waiting for the boys to get back yesterday.

astroboy

G-U-T-T-E-D

Like many of you I’m still gutted and my voice is still sore, just cannot believe what I witness on Sunday . However I will never forget that day not just because we lost the shoot out but the whole event.

It was my 1st long distance away trip along with my son, so it was a great father & son weekend, hit the pubs etc in the Valley on Sat night & then we started again at midday on Sunday at the Calypso bar, many of beers drank in those 3 hours before the match & meeting so many mariner fans & that pre-game atmosphere in Caxton St was unreal, this is what football is all about, had a ball !

It was also the 1st time that I had sung my heart out along with many, many others before the game, marching down Caxton St & in bay 312.

The tears of joy that was flowing when we were winning, being drowned with all the beers being tossed in the air, being hugged by total (again my bad luck only by smelly bearded men) strangers in yellow, these memories will live with me forever as being a foundation member, been through many of bad & good times of being a CCM FC fan.

So thank you to the yellow army for all the banners & all your hard work throughout the year & especially on Sunday.

PS could not believe how many of those so called roar supporters left before the lifting of the toilet seat, what’s that all about

Mariner till I die !

Bex

Talk about ecstasy to agony in the blink of an eye......how sweet will it be when we finally do it....please don't make me go through this too many times though it's bloody heart wrenching.

Interesting to realise whilst I've been pondering about this:
- In my dark past as an Eels fan; watched 'em throw away two grand finals (not to mention the late seventies/early eighties before they got a GF win)
- As an F1 fan and Webber supporter, second in driver's world championship after throwing away lead
- Mariners lost three grand finals in 6 years

Only thing keeping me sane at the moment is the Holdens in the V8 Supercars

LFCMariners

My friend, you just THINK you're over hope right now, but let me tell you you're not. Next season will come around and just as this defeat will make the players that much more hungry, so you will be too.
I speak from bitter experience of following a team in another code whose colours I bleed, just as we both bleed yellow & navy. I experienced 9 losing grand finals between 1958 and 1990 and each year I went in with the hope that this year will be "the year", and then feeling gutted when it wasn't "the year". We came so agonisingly close, losing by 1 point, 2 points, 5 points, losing the replay after a tied grand final, losing after leading by nearly 50 points at half time, but also copping a couple of almighty beltings as well.
But when it finally was "the year" (1990 and last year), then the euphoria, the unbelievable surge of feelings knowing at last "we are the champions" makes all the gut-wrenching heartbreak of the in-between years worth while.
We may thinks we can't take any more right now, but we will start next year once again believing and hoping that this will finally be "the year".
There is a saying in other codes "you have to lose one to win one." Well, we've lost three, so we've paid our dues. Next year will definitely be "the year".

Yeah, I have thought of Collingwood before last years' GF over the past day or so, ditto St George. Even in the NRL, Manly lost 5 GF's (1951, 1955, 1959, 1968, 1970) before they finally broke through in 1972 for their first one and apparently grown men were weeping at the SCG that day. Manly are the only club to have won a Premiership in every decade since the '70s.

For me, I want to win the double. Even if we had held on and won, the biggest thrill for me was the idea of beating the Roar at last, especially in the biggest game of the year. Winning the toilet seat but knowing we weren't the greatest team all year would have felt a little hollow. No, I dream of bossing the League, taking another Premiers' Plate home and then knocking over an opponent in the GF for the toilet seat. I don't want a tense game, I want to see the Mariners take all their pain of past defeats out on the other team (hopefully it will be the Scum or Sydney or the Tards) and win 4-0 in real foot to the throat style. That is what I dream of.

marinersman

Like everyone else, it's impossible to put into words to aptly describe what happened and the subsequent emotions, so I won't even try. We were simply magnificent to a man.

I'd like to single out four players, as unfair as that is. I don't think I've seen a better performance from Wilko ever. He was immense particularly in the first half with clean tackling and last ditch efforts when it seemed we were in trouble. He had the game of his life. He was a true leader leading by example.

Special mention to Royston who was superb. For a player to battle migraines as long as he did til he virtually couldn't see is the stuff of legends that should go down in our folklore.

Kwas was magnificent and like Wilko, I've never seen him play as well as he did. Was always very dangerous and his work rate was outstanding. You never know what you're going to get with Kwas and his consistency seems to me to be a mental thing. But when he's on like Sunday, I wouldn't swap him for anyone. He's definitely an enigma.

As for Mat Ryan, with perhaps the exception of Bosnich, I've never seen a better Australian keeper at the same age. They can can be anything and he will have a fantastic career in Europe, he has the mentality to do it and will.

One last mention goes to Lara Pitt. She was just in front of me at the turnstiles. F**k me, that girl is seriously beautiful :eek:verhead: I hope I get to shake her husbands hand one day and ask him how he jagged her.

LFCMariners

I would encourage everyone to watch the American version of 'Fever Pitch'. YES, it is about baseball unlike the football theme of the original, but the whole movie sums up so well what it's like to be devoted to a team and for your entire emotional state to be dependant on their fortunes- especially when you are used to them letting you down.

Roy Law

I emerged from my padded cell last night after undergoing serious therapy. Having been in Brisbane I finally plucked up the courage to watch a recording of the game. We were much better than I remembered when I could watch without emotion and tribalism. We owned Brisbane for the first 35 with some outstanding football. Lets not forget that we were playing away from home, in front of a monster home crowd - and be took the game to them, we didn't take a backward step, Arnie really knows how to prepare teams not just tactically but also mentally. Fantastic. And when Brisbane came back and poured forward in the second half we defended brilliantly, bravely and desperately. Such great character. Then we lifted again and went 2-0 up. I stopped the recording at that point. To the list from marinersman I would add Ollie Bozanic, an incredible display, great skill in tight areas and enormous workrate. And finally, a special mention to all the fans who made the journey, especially those behind the goal - what a turnout, you did the Coast proud and often outsung the Brisbane crowd.

Wombat

I'm still seething about what happened but the pain has eased a tiny bit.

I thought we were excellent and easily matched it with the best side in the HAL.

Ryan 9. My MOM 3pts. Excellent.
Bojic. 7.5. Worked so hard. If he can work on that first touch he could one day play for Australia.
Wilko 9. Immense. 2pts
Ducthy 8. Rock solid and classy.
Rose 7.5. Good game.
WeeMac 7.5. Good game.
Griffiths 8. Superb as usual. We probably would have won if he had remained on the pitch.
Amini 7.5. Very good but faded badly again. The boy is all class.
Olly 8.5 1pt. Tremendous game. Becoming a leader in this side.
Simon 6.5. Not a great game
Kwasnik 8. Excellent game. Superb composure on both goals.

Subs: Hutcho 7.5. Great effort.
McBreen 7.5. Looked good in the midfield but showed lack of defensive awareness on the second goal.
Bernie. 8 Looked sharp as a tack. Brilliant cameo.

We defended the corner very poorly but we were out of our feet i guess.

I was so proud of the whole team and coaching staff for a sensational game....well done boys.

And finally in the words of the immortal banner from bay 16(by Fish)...... Harper U R a TWAT!

T

I just came across this blog, its quite interesting and gives a perspective of what some fans in other countries think of the GF (even though he turned into a Roar fan)
The Australian Lesson

thetormentor

Havent seen this posted anywhere, but Griffiths was taken off the field because of chronic migraines. Apparently he couldnt see the pitch or the ball clearly.

mariners4ever

yeah that's true, had to go to hospital, was on fluids as he was dehydrated. All was ok though, was back at the hotel about 11:15

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred