• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Roar v CCM - Grand Final

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So's Amini - he put in a great game, was involved in everything. Was stoked to see him starting.

Was very quiet in the 2nd half though - but then again, so was everybody. Seemed like we did nothing but defend for 45 minutes.

Woodsy

The writing was on the wall. My philosophy is the heavens above opened up a few weeks ago on Suncorp Stadium with the floods and laid the foundation of brown murky toilet looking water just waiting for the team of turds to steal the toilet seat to put on top. Now all we need is for the MARINERS to pull the chain before they leave up there and flush the brisbane team of shit down the dunny :)

ExiledMariner

That hurt.

Fantastic atmosphere. 4 thousand of us out sang 47k for most of the game. 2 goals up with 4 to go I thought we were home.

Bring on next year!

Roy Law

That was the best game of football I have ever had the good fortune to witness.

Although we did win I must say what CCM where fantastic.

50 000 people thought we were done.

I know it hurts but ultimately football was the winner.

surprised you didnt bring the young african striker on earlier.

Hes a real talent. ::)
Thanks, top post, but I am only now emerging from my padded cell...

bjw

bjw
Just watched the corner again. 3 brisbane roar players were untracked/unmarked in the middle of the box....

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

And why the hell did our player on the post just stand there and watch the bloody thing sail right next to his head?

Stay on your frikking toes - any 12 year old knows that.

Roy Law

Kwasnik - awesome. Not the world's greatest player but all you can ask of a player is that he plays to the best of his ability on the biggest occasion. He did. Glancing header cleared off the line, long range cheaky chip (knew then he was up for it), lays on a clear chance for Simon, scores, heads-up play for Bozanic. A champion display; take a bow Kwasaldinho

ExiledMariner

I thought Kwas came into the game once Matty came off. He seemed a bit slow and a little out of it for a large part of the first and second halves. Not singling him out because a lot seemed to dip in the second half. He has so much heart and was out on his feet. I thought he'd scored the winner.

ugh, still hurts.

ExiledMariner

I'll just clarify, I was at the game and haven't watched a replay (not sure I ever will) and I tend to focus on Kwas a bit because he's someone who always has me cheering and crying in the space of 30 seconds most games.

Woodsy

im sure there is not 1 mariner player or fan that has not woken up today feeing sick to the pit of the stomach about what unfolded in the last few minutes of yesterdays grand final. Im sure we can all agree what a great game it was to watch. Our boys did us proud and should hold their heads high with the quality of play they all displayed last night Great to see such talent and class in Australian football. Its great for the youth of today to have somewhere to aim and strive for. Very unlucky not to come away with this one but fantastic effort from the boys.

Blair

+1 woodsy wen solazano took a dive did anyone see rose get right over him and say something to him I would love bro imagine it went Somthing lik get the f**k up u drive c**t hahaha

cbowden9000

Why does it hurt more the morning after? Laying in bed for hours early this morning, unable to go back to sleep, I tried to comprehend what went wrong...

ExiledMariner

Biggest Goose is Matt McKay. The guy makes Joel Griffiths look like a nice bloke. He's loved up here but some of his antics are petulant. I was so looking forward to watching him crying on the field post game.

Atomic

Gutted, just... gutted.

I dont know how long it's going to take me to recover from this. Being in the away bay when we were 2-0 up was awesome. The noise, the excitement, the anticipation of what was to come... it was just superb. Then to have it all fall away. Gutted! I honestly think this must be a dream and I'll wake up eventually to learn that we didn't let a 2-0 lead slip with 5 mins to go. (Sorry to bring up the painful memories again).

universalmind

From the top eschelons of euphoria, to the most empty gutless state of mind within a period of 10 mins. I dont think i have felt that much excitement at any single point of time when we scored those two goals. However in the back of my mind there was a small seed, like a tumourous growth, that thought as long as there is still time left on the clock we can still lose this.

I watched every second tick by in the second half of extra time, with each gone a sense of more confidence. However with 9 left to play my, and all our supporters worst fears eventuated. The growth in my mind had become larger, "we cant lose this can we?"

We were hanging on definsively, possession wasn't an option. Each player worked their arse off to foil Brisbanes forward movements. It was working.

As that Brisane prepared for the last corner, my negative thoughts provided forsight of a Brisbane goal. That was it, it was all over form there. We were never going to win in a shootout, not with our confidence belted.

I feel sick to imagine what state of mine the team and fans would have been in if we had pulled it off.

But a massive congratualtions must go out to all stakeholders of the club, fans, financiers, staff, sponsors and players. What a season it has been. It is seasons like this that make every bad one worth it.

Graham Arnold is building to something special. In all honesty i had little expectations for the season. I thought we would use this year as a rebuidling year, and really challenge for the title in seasons 7 and 8. I still believe this as true, and it will be our turn to win the double.

The players and club have an enormous year, it's time for us to repay them in years to come. We need to assist in expanding the popularity of the game in the region, build that community support to levels never seen before. I for one will be actively trying to expand the game and club i dearly love to as many people as possible - no matter their preference for sporting code.

It hurts to write and think about yesterday, but as i mentioned earlier the pain will be entirely worth it when we win the double in years to come.

style_cafe

I just got back from Brissie & must say it was a terrible result but a wonderful football experience.

Prior to the game (Dad 77 & I)met up with some of the yellow army guys on the train,ran into Kev & Bikinigirl(thanks for the directions mate)chatted to a lot of other supporters & walked to the stadium with Trent Sainsbury`s dad & sister? (who had travelled over from Perth.

We had so much support up there it was fantastic to see Mariner`s supporters all over town.

The CALYPSO BAR was truley amazing. Two pubs on opposite sides of the road with the yellow army in one & Roar fans in the other.It was a fun filled battle of chants & songs being fired across the road. Absolutely an experience in itself.

In the stadium approx 3-4000 proud Mariner`s supporters sang their hearts out for the entire game.
That was something special!

The game as you all saw was such an even contest. There wasn`t a player who didn`t give his all for his team.

Brisbane & our beloved Mariner`s played the best,most exciting game I have ever had the pleasure to witness.

I`ve seen some great games but damn!! that was awesome!!

I,like all of you, am gutted with the result. But Fark i`m proud of our guys. To perform the way they did at SUNCORP. with 50,000 Queenslanders cheering against you was akin to the POMS V THE ZULU`s.

Despite Breeze`s incompetence(cheating as Wombat put it)
I really believe it was the crowd that got them home. The noise was deafening, from them, once they got their first goal.

A big cheer also to Laurie Mckinna & the guys/girls who were at the Calypso before & after the the match.

THANKYOU MARINERS PLAYERS,COACHES,STAFF,SPONSORS & SUPPORTERS FOR WONDERFUL SEASON!!!!

scottmac

Suspended
It was Patrick and Carlos goin for the ball and they fell over together and carlos made a dive lik he had been tripped when the were no feet near him bloody ridiculous

Pat kicked him, not on purpose but conected well none the less. When Carlos felt it he made a meal of it. Similar to Perez at the start of the year. We didn't agree with what happened then (but took the P with open arms).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred