• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Bejing - Olyroos 2008

W

Wilson

Compare this squad--Oscar Ustari (Getafe), Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar), Pablo Zabaleta (Espanyol), Ezequiel Garay (Racing Santander), Federico Fazio (Sevilla), Nicolas Burdisso (Internazionale), Luciano Monzon (Boca Juniors), Fernando Gago (Real Madrid), Ever Banega (Valencia), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Juan Roman Riquelme (Boca Juniors), Angel Di Maria (Benfica), Jose Sosa (Bayern Munich), Diego Buonanotte (River Plate), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Lautaro Acosta (Sevilla) and Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid).

To our squad

serious14

Wilson said:
Compare this squad--Oscar Ustari (Getafe), Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar), Pablo Zabaleta (Espanyol), Ezequiel Garay (Racing Santander), Federico Fazio (Sevilla), Nicolas Burdisso (Internazionale), Luciano Monzon (Boca Juniors), Fernando Gago (Real Madrid), Ever Banega (Valencia), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Juan Roman Riquelme (Boca Juniors), Angel Di Maria (Benfica), Jose Sosa (Bayern Munich), Diego Buonanotte (River Plate), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Lautaro Acosta (Sevilla) and Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid).

To our squad

I don't want to, it makes me have a sad-face.  :-[

I swear, shit-for-Brains, I mean, Arnold - has seen the Argentinian squad and has reacted accordingly, going on the defensive (so to speak).  Are we destined to watch a back five trip over each other whilst two DM's try and clean up the shit in front of them??  Two recognised strikers, one a very hot and cold poacher in the squad, with two very forward attacking wingers......

:vomit:

serious14

Sydney reaction - I had to translate it from super angry to only merely fired up:

"I demand this clown be shot down at once. We are going to get buttf*ked."

"No Burns?  Really you have to laugh.  F*ck me dead."

Pretty sure the Melbourne and Newcastle forums would be saying similar things......

Anyways, Spiranovic (classy lad that he is) better play the best 3 games of his life, because he won't be getting much help from anywhere else.  Hope he realises that he'll have to cover Hyphenator's shocking lack of pace and North's overall shitness.  Oh, and Ruben.  :vomit:

tuftman

Okay so we dont pick Djite Ward Burns etc when they are the future of Australian Football........ Graham Arnold is a spastic if he thinks this is gonna make an impression on the Olympics

W

Wilson

Arnold, kosmina, Phil Moss all have to go...Actually they will all be gone in about 5 weeks

Jesus

Jesus
Zad is awful, why ios he there?

North is overkill with the CBs already there.
Why Archie? He is injured, and not match fit. May as well have call in big DM.
Carney is probably an alright pick.

But what a waist of 3 over age spots. I presume there was pressure from djite to stay out of the squad? Otherwise why did he fall off the radar?

Jesus

Jesus
Does this mean north will not play against us round 1?
And bridge and monkey rd 2?

Or is that only if they had made it out of the group?

FFC Mariner

Arnold is without doubt the most cluelessly inept moron involved with australian football at the moment, he will hopefully be hurled out when they come back having been pwned completely by the rest of their group and crash out.

Didnt he watch the China match?? Did he not notice that Go-top-urself is just a shit footballer - end of??

Djite deserves not only dropping but a good kicking as well for being the most over rated footballer we have, bar none.

As for that bogan judas c**t Holland - good, just f**k off for good.

Sort of glad for Danny now, he would come back with f**king shell shock keeping behind that lot.

Rant over, will go and have a good lie down now

Bear

Arnold is a f**kstick with no f**king idea. I actually hope we get bent over and f**ked in all 3 games by about 10 goals, just so this overpaid f**kwit gets the flick

How the f**k are you going to pick a striker who has played about 2 games in 6 months?
How the f**k are you going to pick a defender who was such hot property that he could not even get a move to club brugge. Its club f**king brugge for god sake
How the f**k are you not going to select 2 blokes that played, less than 2 weeks ago, as full f**king socceroos for the national team
How the f**k are you going to not pick Harry
And with the red hot form he is in for country at the moment, how the f**k are you not going to pick Matty Simon

Arnold, your a shit c**t. Thank you for ruining any chance some of these kids had at showing off their skills and earning a shot at stardom. Go get f**ked

im quite mad at the moment....

W

Wilson

Matty is going as 1 of the 4 stand by players...He will play thompson will break down before the start of the Tourney

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Bearinator said:
Arnold is a f**kstick with no f**king idea. I actually hope we get bent over and f**ked in all 3 games by about 10 goals, just so this overpaid f**kwit gets the flick

How the f**k are you going to pick a striker who has played about 2 games in 6 months?
How the f**k are you going to pick a defender who was such hot property that he could not even get a move to club brugge. Its club f**king brugge for god sake
How the f**k are you not going to select 2 blokes that played, less than 2 weeks ago, as full f**king socceroos for the national team
How the f**k are you going to not pick Harry
And with the red hot form he is in for country at the moment, how the f**k are you not going to pick Matty Simon

Arnold, your a shit c**t. Thank you for ruining any chance some of these kids had at showing off their skills and earning a shot at stardom. Go get f**ked

im quite mad at the moment....

REALLY!!!!!....it doesnt show at all :)...but i'm with ya

Bear

Wilson said:
Matty is going as 1 of the 4 stand by players...He will play thompson will break down before the start of the Tourney

Keep dreaming son. If he has picked Thompson with his injury cloud, even if the bloke loses a leg, he will get a run

tuftman

I think its fair to say he is to lazy to write a resignation letter so he picks this squad to go up against the best players in the world. He is a moron who will be coaching in the Dutch second division next year

serious14

So I'm trying to think of a starting eleven for this abomination of a "squad"....... knowing van der Arnold, he'll play that 4-2-3-1 rubbish.

---------------------Federici----------------------------
Shitkovich-------North--------Spiranovic-------Hyphenator
--------------Milligan--------Musialik---------------------
Sarkies---------------Troisi-------------------Carney-----
---------------------Bridge------------------------------

Christ, we're going to get murdered...... Leijer, one of the best players in qualifying will most likely be bumped for Jade F*cking North.  :fireup:

*edit*  Before anyone mentions Archie, word out of Melbourne is that he's not even running at the moment, let alone jogging.  KUDOS ARNOLD YOU F*CKING IDIOT!!!!

FFC Mariner

I'm going 352

Princess, North, Spiranovich

Zadshite Milligan Monkey boy Sarkies Carney

Bridge Rust-ya-tits-off

W

Wilson

Apparently....Boogs is not in the stand- by 4 players...BUT if one of the defenders gets injured he will be straight into the 18 man squad...This shows ARNIE'S mind set....
His team talk is like a basketball game...

Defense ***DEFENSE***DEFENSE***DEFENSE***

serious14

From the World Game......

Olyroos coach Graham Arnold had one simple explanation for dumping young stars Nathan Burns and Bruce Djite from his squad for Beijing: they can't handle the heat.

* Selection snub for Olyroos stars
    * Olyroos to face Messi, Riquelme
    * Spiranovic's passport to fame
    * A Week in Football: Now the real show begins

The Australian 18-member squad that will face Serbia, Argentina and Cote d'Ivoire in the Olympics in August was announced Friday but there was no place for the former Adelaide United pair who will play in Europe after signing for AEK Athens of Greece and Genclerbirligi of Turkey respectively.

"The selection policy took into account the players' form over the two years I've been working with them,'' Arnold said.

"If there's one thing I've learned from playing in Asia it's that if players can't play in the heat, they can't play in the heat, no matter who they are.

"You can take them away for two months and still they can't acclimatise. You've got to be able to handle the conditions to give yourself the opportunity tactically to carry out the job.

"These 18 players deserved to be picked. It's a mature and quality squad and most of them are 22 or 23 years old.

"Unfortunately, Burns and Djite are only 20 which made it pretty difficult for them," Arnold added.

"I was looking for maturity, quality, athleticism, speed and tactical nous.''

August is the hottest month of the year in China and Arnold said getting to Beijing early to acclimatise was crucial to the Olyroos' chances of success in a very hard group.

Arnold also said that Harry Kewell, who has agreed terms with Turkish giants Galatasaray, was right in the mix till the very last moments for a spot in the squad as one of three over-age players.

"Harry told us that he thought he should put the interests of the team above his,'' Arnold said.

"He said he could not commit 100 per cent. Harry has been quite a long time out of football and it is not easy to sign for a new club and then ask straight away to go away for four weeks to play in the Olympics.

"The Olympics did not come at the best time for Harry and he was disappointed but he said he could not come because he did not want to have to pull out later and disrupt our preparation.''

Arnold's three over-age players will be Melbourne Victory striker Archie Thompson, Crystal Palace wingback David Carney and Newcastle Jets defender Jade North, who is expected to be captain in his second Olympics after representing his country at Athens 2004.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred