• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Bejing - Olyroos 2008

FFC Mariner

0-1 is about as good as that squad could hope for while it is so badly coached.

Long balls to Archie who is proving with every game that he just hasnt got it at this level.

The sooner its over and Arnold is gone, we can move on.

Mariner Girl

Heaps better, but what about the chance or passed to thin air by Thompson in the first half? Luckly to get away with 0-1 tbh, but who knows. We still may get through yet.

midfielder

NS

Agree outclassed and out coached ........... we have been lucky to date players leaving their shooting boots behind.

Arnold Out sooner the better sack him on the plane on the way back or before IMO.

northernspirit

midfielder said:
NS

Agree outclassed and out coached ........... we have been lucky to date players leaving their shooting boots behind.

Arnold Out sooner the better sack him on the plane on the way back or before IMO.
damn straight, i cant believe messi missed so many good chances, could have been much worse but it was an improved performance on the abysmal display against the serbs...

GA should have also made better use of the over age players, i mean archie seriously wtf does he give us, hes ok at a-league level but time and time again gets shown up against the big boys

i will say one thing, given most of our squad is a-league based i thought it showed that the a-league isnt too bad a level considering their players play in the biggest clubs, we were always going to be outclassed, outcoaching on the other hand shouldnt happen, i mean towards the end we didnt even pressure the ball when the argies were knocking it about for fun to waste time!

arnold out!

marinersman

Considering the obvious different class in standard, I thought it was a bloody good performance. Obviously you can never be happy when you lose, but overall a much, much better display.

We're still in it and a win against Ivory Coast might just see us through. I feel much better about things after tonight's performance. It's not all doom and gloom.

Serbia v Ivory Coast is starting at 9.45.

One piece of good news is our sheep fornicating friends got smashed five zip against Brazil.

Arabmariner

northernspirit said:
Bearinator said:
How good was that goal tho, cracker
not just the finish but the lead up play, it was a joy to watch
I've never found goals against teams I support a joy to watch.

I'd rather see a f**kin awful game with a crappy scrambled own goal as the winner as long as it's for us!

scottmac

Suspended
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed Archie has tried to display his skill in diving over the last 2 games. I can think of 5 or 6 different times that he blatantly dived!! (even though it was probably through frustration at GA's shithouse tactics and had nothing else in his kitbag to win possession)
Really poor showing from him and looked nothing like a marquee player should.

Little bit MORE luck tonight and we could have scored a goal (handball in the box 1st half) so don't write them off for going through yet, you never know!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred