• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Bejing - Olyroos 2008

Brighty

Well, not the most enthralling game I've ever watched. I think the boys need to step up and make those passes count, n win the 50/50 balls to have a better chance....... especially against better opponents. Seemed to me like they really didn't like the pressure put on them by Serbia. Serbia were chasing the ball everywhere and forced us to make LOTS of mistakes especially in our own half, but when they had the ball we stood off them a bit until they attacked. Two totally different styles of football.

marinersman

That was a very difficult match to watch. We couldn't string half a dozen passes together.

The amount of times we turned the ball over with long ball shit or miss directed short passes was unbelievable.

Carney was shocking as usual. Hyphen was poor but to be fair he made some decent blocks/tackles at times. May as well played with ten men with monkey boy out there, did nothing. Spiro was easily our best player. He'll soon be a fixture in the senior team and future captain.

Teddy Bear

Carney & TS easily the worst players. If Serbia could shoot on goal we would have got a hammering.

I think the commentry was done from a tv. He mentioned the stadium in shanghai being the largest in China until the birds nest was built "here in Beijing".

Kareem

i was majorly unimpressed- Serbia dominated us in 2nd half (I came in at 40th min).
We looked 2nd rate against what I think is the worst of our 3 opponents...
Frederici was decent and Spiranovic was the only outfiled player that managed to impress me...although celeski wasnt too bad!
I am cringing when we vs Argentina- if we play like that- 4+ goals you would have to think!

Sean

I thought Carney was one of the best on the pitch last night.
his run into the box to set up the goal was great!

Bear

Perm said:
I thought Carney was one of the best on the pitch last night.
his run into the box to set up the goal was great!

Agree. He didnt play that bad I thought. Compare him to everyone else on the pitch for Australia, and only Spiro, Feder and Stuey played better IMO

FFC Mariner

To be fair, Serbia are a much better side all round. They were runners up in the 2007(?) Euro U21's and the core of that side is now their U23's.

A point won for us and 2 dropped by them.

Spiro was outstanding, shit marking by Milligan for their goal and TS and Zadshite played to their usual standard.

2 holding MF's and long punts to noone seemed to sum up Arnoldouts tactics and if they play like that against Argentina, they will get shredded

ryan

We certainly missed the creativity that Nathan Burns would have provided. Too many long balls from the back.Spiro was impressive and we got lucky at times. A good result considering the performance.

tuftman

So he doesnt pick Matty, then plays long ball, Surely that sums it all up. Spiro made Jade North look like a park footballer.

brett

Greenpoleffc said:
To be fair, Serbia are a much better side all round. They were runners up in the 2007(?) Euro U21's and the core of that side is now their U23's.

A point won for us and 2 dropped by them.

Spiro was outstanding, shit marking by Milligan for their goal and TS and Zadshite played to their usual standard.

2 holding MF's and long punts to noone seemed to sum up Arnoldouts tactics and if they play like that against Argentina, they will get shredded

Thought it was North's lack of marking for their goal.

And agree, Argies are going to kill us. What happened to the Australian way of standing up and having a go, ESPECIALLY when we're underdogs. Instead of building them up, it's like Arnold has instilled his own insecurities into the players.

midfielder

Gordon (football know nothing) calls the game and Arnold OUT as coach.

If GA picks TS as left FB for the Argei match the score could get into double figures.

Only good coming out of last night was hopefully GA has only two more matches left in charge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred