• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Bejing - Olyroos 2008

Mariner Girl

They have been crap - the Beach Volleyball is better. hey Perm  ;)

The end is nigh for GA . Goodbye, farewell, pissoff and don't come back  :redcard:

Sean

Does this effect our FIFA ranking?

I thought Musialik, Celeski and (in some parts) Carney were the best of the lot throughout our campaign.

Bear

Again I say, if David Carney had ANY right foot, he would be dangerous, we would have been 1-0 up at half time, and Arnold *might* have had a chance of keeping his job

T

Bearinator said:
Again I say, if David Carney had ANY right foot, he would be dangerous, we would have been 1-0 up at half time, and Arnold *might* have had a chance of keeping his job
It would also help if he could turn both ways. But he's like Zoolander.

Ted

Well that was a lack luster effort. The pitch was bloody disgusting which didn't help either.

FFC Mariner

Sub standard squad (TS, Zadshite, Archie, Rustyatitsoff etc etc), Sub standard coaching, sub standard outcome.

Worth it for me simply to see Matt Simon get on the pitch.

Spiranovic, Frederici, Monkey boy were outstanding.

scottmac

Suspended
MarinaTed said:
Well that was a lack luster effort. The pitch was bloody disgusting which didn't help either.

I don't think it was lackluster, they just didn't have a finisher. Any actual forward playing infront of the Aussies last night would have scored. And probably more than once! Makes GA's decision to leave Dijite out look even worse.
I think it was a promising performance. The future looks good if we can get rid of Arnold.
Spiranovic was an absolute legend he looks very solid at the back for a 19 yr old. No Vidosic, Dijite or Burns and a few others, would be a different squad with a better coach.

Bear

MarinaTed said:
The pitch was bloody disgusting which didn't help either.

Im sure I heard bashir say they had played 11 games in 7 days on that pitch. Thats just wrong.

Jeff (LouMacari)

Greenpoleffc said:
Sub standard squad (TS, Zadshite, Archie, Rustyatitsoff etc etc), Sub standard coaching, sub standard outcome.

Worth it for me simply to see Matt Simon get on the pitch.

Spiranovic, Frederici, Monkey boy were outstanding.
Spiranovic was good in parts, but I wouldn't say outstanding, wasn't it him who tried to put his foot ON the ball and missed it, only to see the ball sail through to the box? Embarrassing at that level I reckon.

brett

The Crawford report, the A-League, Guus, Uruguay, the WC06, the general honeymoon period will forever be known as "It's football, not soccer".

The period after the honeymoon, the let-down, the Asian Cup, the Olympics, will forever be embodied by one catchcry..."ARNOLD OUT". Those words are immortal.

I generally agree with greenpole. Spiro was fantastic, he completely outshone North and the error that Jeff mentioned was the only one I can think of in three matches (plus he recovered to make the block). Monkeylik was better than Milligan who looks like his mind is elsewhere. Capable passing, decent positional play and excessive hacking won't be enough to secure MM his big European move...I reckon he'll land at a smaller club than Djite and Burns have.

A-Fed was solid but I wouldn't say outstanding, he didn't actually have that many saves to make.

Carney was the pick of the overagers but was wasted at left back at that level.

All in all, we lacked someone in the final third willing to run at defenders or get beyond the defence. The conditions stifled our movement but so did the conservative attitude of the coach and team, as well as selections - how much better would it have been to have a Zullo on the bench to come on and ignite something, let alone Burns and Djite, rather than have Leijer sitting there wasting space.

Ted

scottmac said:
MarinaTed said:

I don't think it was lackluster, they just didn't have a finisher. Any actual forward playing infront of the Aussies last night would have scored. And probably more than once! Makes GA's decision to leave Dijite out look even worse.
I think it was a promising performance. The future looks good if we can get rid of Arnold.
Spiranovic was an absolute legend he looks very solid at the back for a 19 yr old. No Vidosic, Dijite or Burns and a few others, would be a different squad with a better coach.

I think our game against Argentina was much better to be honest. This game had way too many errors in it and it should have been our win. Now, whether the pitch was a direct result of that I dunno (good chance it was), they did look a bit tentative on their feet with the ground moving underneath them or ripping up in clumps. I agree we lacked penetration and or execution up the front, but again silly errors were evident all over the pitch. Most times we would go to and attack the ball, while at the vital times we stood off it and waited

Bearinator said:
MarinaTed said:
The pitch was bloody disgusting which didn't help either.
Im sure I heard bashir say they had played 11 games in 7 days on that pitch. Thats just wrong.

Very wrong and derogatory to the level of football being played on a world stage.

bulldogmariner

We never created enough chances to win the game.
Carney should have scored!!!
What was Nikita playing wide left for and Bridge playing in behind the non existant striker.
Then he replaces Nikita with Matt Simon when we need goals.
Arnold got his tactics wrong again!
When will he learn.

thomas477

Just something I thought about, the CAS said that clubs could stop their players from playing in China cause it wasnt a FIFA match date.

But

Vukovic got banned by FIFA for the olympics. A bit of double standards?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred