• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Referees: The good, the bad, the ugly!

marinermick

Wilson said:
just a quick question.. premier league football on the coast is supposed to be amateur? Why is it that the only paid people on the ground are the ones that dont train regularly?

really, the only ones out there who are not paid?

not from what i understand

i cannot believe you of all people typed this post

marinermick

Wilson said:
please clarify what you are saying mick

that you would be be aware of some players, some coaches, and even some player/coaches receiving some sort of financial gain by being involved in the premier league

therefore the referee would not be the only person receiving financial gain out there

W

Wilson

to the best of my knowledge all coaches except 1 are getting paid.. And there is one coach that is playing know.. I dont no of any players getting paid.. But that is my point we are supposed to be an amateur comp and the most important component of the league is the players and they are not allowed to be paid.

marinermick

Wilson said:
to the best of my knowledge all coaches except 1 are getting paid.. And there is one coach that is playing know.. I dont no of any players getting paid.. But that is my point we are supposed to be an amateur comp and the most important component of the league is the players and they are not allowed to be paid.

there are ways around it

it has been happening every season for many seasons now

but, anyway, sorry for side tracking your post for the points you rightly bring up

Kareem

Wilson said:
there are players getting paid from wat i hear (dw, definately not at my club)
but Wilson however oblivious he may have sounded has a point
We are 'not allowed' to be paid...

W

Wilson

Kareem said:
Wilson said:

which clubs have you heard are paying players?

dwight

Wilson said:
Kareem said:
Wilson said:

You could have say a ex professional player say an "A" league player or similar give him a job at your club on a bit higher than normal salary for a barman or groundsman etc, that could be how it is done. ?

W

Wilson

dwight said:
Wilson said:
Kareem said:
Wilson said:

You could have say a ex professional player say an "A" league player or similar give him a job at your club on a bit higher than normal salary for a barman or groundsman etc, that could be how it is done. ?

Check you facts before you make ridiculous statements.. You are an ill-informed idiot

dibo

steady on. make an argument, not an attack.

he's not saying it's happening, he's saying it could be done that way. how is he wrong?

W

Wilson

dibo said:

he's not saying it's happening, he's saying it could be done that way. how is he wrong?

It is a personal attack on a guy I no very very well. He has dedicated his life to this great game. Dwight is a fool, he has achieved nothing in the game and makes ridiculous statements as if they were fact. The Northern Alliance debacle???When he stated with 100% certainty that there was a team from the Central Coast entering into the Newcastle comp. He is wrong whenever he opens his mouth.

The player he commented on is no longer the groundsman at said ground. And has been replace by a player from the u/21's who also plays reserve grade when needed. That blows Dwights argument out of the water. I obviosly am not going to divulge the financial details of individuals but all I can say is that the player was paid per the award as is the new groundsman. He now works as a cellarman and is the assistant coach of first grade. He has also sadly recently retired from football due to injury.

Dwight can hide behind the veil of this forum and make ridiculous statements that he believes in his own mind are fact. He is wrong, he is always wrong.

The player he alluded too has made a great contribution to this game and will continue to do so in whatever capacity he chooses. I ask Dwight was he has done??

masmariner

dibo said:

How is a personal attack on anyone. ?

Just a scenario that could occur isn't that the question posed. ?

Paolo

Getting pretty defensive there wilson..trying to cover something up?

All he did is suggest how it could be done. Did I miss the point where he said it WAS happening?

W

Wilson

Paolo said:
Getting pretty defensive there wilson..trying to cover something up?

All he did is suggest how it could be done. Did I miss the point where he said it WAS happening?

Not defensive just stating the facts!

From the dug out

This brings me back to some mates of mine at The Entrance!

2 or 3 of the lads are brickies and the rest of the team were brickies labours! (well not quiet, but you know where i am coming from!

Whats the difference?

If you have a mate who is out of work, of course you help him out! who wouldn't!

And Yes Eag's last game was back in round 1 this year!

masmariner

From the dug out said:

2 or 3 of the lads are brickies and the rest of the team were brickies labours! (well not quiet, but you know where i am coming from!

Whats the difference?

If you have a mate who is out of work, of course you help him out! who wouldn't!

Not really wot do you mean that the players at the entrance are "paid" by there employers to play for the entrance. ?

Who's Eag's. ?

wardy

masmariner said:
From the dug out said:

Whats the difference?

Not really wot do you mean that the players at the entrance are "paid" by there employers to play for the entrance. ?

Who's Eag's. ?

well this has gone way off topic, where is the relevance to referees and yes i have read previous replies to see where it happened. Anyway, i play for the entrance and i will tell you nobody for fact gets paid there, i didnt even get a reduced rego to get me there as an ex super league player. i dont get the whole brickies and brickies labourers thing as the club does not own the bricky bussiness. 2 players are partners and 1 of them now plays at doylo, yes the lads are a very tight knit bunch and your right 2-3 of them do work together but has nothing to do with football or the entrance football club. Cant see how it is being used as an example and to comment on the budgie thing, i DONT KNOW FOR FACT but i have heard in previous seasons whilst i was at lightning that some players at budgie were receiving some sort of financial gain but i also have spoken to byrnes at start of season and i know shirl well and from what i have been told there is no player receiving any gain from the club to play football, only those that actually work for the club on an above board legal way getting paid award wage and no more. I agree with replies that have stated that no-one was actually saying that this was happening just a way that it could happen and that wilson was biting hard on the topic and getting defencive, understandable, i would too if it looked like people were trying to say that about someone i know ( hence why i am getting in on the conversation ). start a new thread on topic if relevant and stick to thread topic.

W

Wilson

wardy said:
masmariner said:
From the dug out said:

Whats the difference?

Who's Eag's. ?

well this has gone way off topic, where is the relevance to referees and yes i have read previous replies to see where it happened. Anyway, i play for the entrance and i will tell you nobody for fact gets paid there, i didnt even get a reduced rego to get me there as an ex super league player. i dont get the whole brickies and brickies labourers thing as the club does not own the bricky bussiness. 2 players are partners and 1 of them now plays at doylo, yes the lads are a very tight knit bunch and your right 2-3 of them do work together but has nothing to do with football or the entrance football club. Cant see how it is being used as an example and to comment on the budgie thing, i DONT KNOW FOR FACT but i have heard in previous seasons whilst i was at lightning that some players at budgie were receiving some sort of financial gain but i also have spoken to byrnes at start of season and i know shirl well and from what i have been told there is no player receiving any gain from the club to play football, only those that actually work for the club on an above board legal way getting paid award wage and no more. I agree with replies that have stated that no-one was actually saying that this was happening just a way that it could happen and that wilson was biting hard on the topic and getting defencive, understandable, i would too if it looked like people were trying to say that about someone i know ( hence why i am getting in on the conversation ). start a new thread on topic if relevant and stick to thread topic.

Well said Wardy.. I think the whole Brickie's thing may have been about the old clubhouse years ago.. I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred