• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 6 v Adelaide (home)

Forum Phoenix

Nizzy looked the goods again. In fact he looked more composed than Silvera in my 5 min window.

Thanks for the updates Wombat.

Honestly one of the most composed young players I’ve seen. I don’t blame Staj
for not starting him though I really hope to see him on the park regularly for us this year. But in front of Kim? Not likely is it.

bikinigirl

Shaun, this is the interwebz. Please leave us alone to do our thing.

Now what I’m really wondering is with Staj eloping to Hawaii, who’s going to coach us this week?

. aaahhhh ... but you'll note that Shaun didn't say that Tommy wasn't out :tinfoilhat:

.... maybe he was just looking for the leak :piralaugh:

turbo

Doesn’t Rowles leave next Tuesday and that makes him available for the weekend?
This is the tournament match schedule, looking at that I would think he has to have flown out already. Arriving on the day of the final game wouldn't make any sense.

China U-23 v Australia U-23
Date: Friday, 15 November 2019
Venue: Chongqing City Dazu District Sports Centre Stadium
Kick-off: 7.30pm (local); 10.30pm (AEDT)

Australia U-23 v DPR Korea U-23
Date: Sunday, 17 November 2019
Kick-off: 4.00pm (local); 7.00pm (AEDT)

Australia U-23 v Lithuania U-23
Date: Tuesday, 19 November 2019
Kick-off: 4.00pm (local); 10.00pm (AEDT)

turbo

The mariners site mentions DDS was initially selected for the U23 but ruled out through injury but doesnt give any more detail. Anyone know what the current situation is?

Ironbark

The mariners site mentions DDS was initially selected for the U23 but ruled out through injury but doesnt give any more detail. Anyone know what the current situation is?
That'd be a real shame. I've been very happy with DDS - we are noticeably better before he gets subbed in games so far

Kit Walker

Nizzy looked the goods again. In fact he looked more composed than Silvera in my 5 min window.
I really don't understand the chatter on here about Nisbet? I mean he is not a bad player & seems like a top young man but is he really A-League quality?
You cant compare Nisbet & Silvera, totally different players & positions.

pjennings

I don't think Nisbet is ever going to be flashy like play that Silvera is that will notice him and receive rave reviews. He is more the calm assured midfield metronome type player.

turbo

So are we putting Nisbet in the league of decent A-League holding midfielders like Luke Brattan, Joshua Brillante, Keanu Baccus, Brandon O'Neill & co?
If he was he'd be starting, but that's not a terribly fair comparison with his age an wages. Baccus is the only one close to his age and is arguably the odd one out in your list. We need to give him more minutes to really show what he can do but he's got GG, Stensness and Kim in front of him. Definitely someone worth having at the club and developing, his time will come.

Kit Walker

If he was he'd be starting, but that's not a terribly fair comparison with his age an wages. Baccus is the only one close to his age and is arguably the odd one out in your list. We need to give him more minutes to really show what he can do but he's got GG, Stensness and Kim in front of him. Definitely someone worth having at the club and developing, his time will come.
Your wages represent your ability not your age.
Baccus is 21, O'neil is 25, Brillante is 26, GG is 25 & Stensness is 20. These are not holding midfielders at the end of there playing days in there mid 30's. My point is does he possess the attributes to play a holding role at that level & command the midfield?

pjennings

So are we putting Nisbet in the league of decent A-League holding midfielders like Luke Brattan, Joshua Brillante, Keanu Baccus, Brandon O'Neill & co?

Funny you mentioned Brilliante and O'Neill - exceptional playing with Sydney when they won except against us. Why - because no-one attacked them in midfield and they had all the room in the world and looked like world beaters. That is except when we played Tommy and Wout and I think Tommy and Melling in another game against them and they had no time. They looked decidedly NPL level then.

I think they are both over-rated and play well with dominant team, less so under pressure.

Kit Walker

Funny you mentioned Brilliante and O'Neill - exceptional playing with Sydney when they won except against us. Why - because no-one attacked them in midfield and they had all the room in the world and looked like world beaters. That is except when we played Tommy and Wout and I think Tommy and Melling in another game against them and they had no time. They looked decidedly NPL level then.

I think they are both over-rated and play well with dominant team, less so under pressure.
I get your point but not so sure about over-rated, both have played for Australia. Both have also won Premierships, Championships & FFA cup.

turbo

Your wages represent your ability not your age.
Baccus is 21, O'neil is 25, Brillante is 26, GG is 25 & Stensness is 20. These are not holding midfielders at the end of there playing days in there mid 30's. My point is does he possess the attributes to play a holding role at that level & command the midfield?

Wages reflect ability and experience, I don't think comparing a junior player to some of those you listed is a fair comparison. But compare to the likes of Stensness and other similar players in the league and squad fringes and there isnt as much in it. A lot comes down to opportunity, especially for the younger guys sometimes they get a break and make their mark others need to wait for their chance. It doesn't help that when he did get some time we were woeful as a whole but his performances were decent. Another 5 years is a lot of development, could he reach those levels by then? Maybe if he can get some regular minutes. There's a reason why the club brought him in to the squad, obviously they believe he has potential.

I get the impression you aren't a fan and if not that's fine but I think you'll find the prevailing thought here is we'd like to see him get more minutes and see what he can offer, probably off the bench in the next season or two. We could certainly do worse with journeymen & squaddies and arguably we have a few like that now. I haven't watched him as much as others but if he has the game to play a bit further forward like Duric or DDS that might give him more opportunities to get on the pitch.

Ads

Any decent player, will look good in a confident and successful team.

That’s the key isn’t it, you need all cylinders firing around you to help you move the ball, or give you room for you to move the ball.

If Nizzy walked into the City or Sydney midfield I think he would do a similar job.

In past seasons we would only have 1 or 2 players that would make the starting lineup of another team.
That’s because you’re only as good as the players around you, same as our very large problem of strikers, even if we had a top goal scorer like Maclaren or a younger Berisha, Krishna if we can’t get them the ball in good spots they are just a traffic cone in the end.

Anyway, at the end of the day at least we have a depth problem and people fighting for spots.

I would still like to see a smoother transition moving ball forwards down the wings.
We play it to feet and someone is always on their ass, need to slide wider and loose our opposition players more with 1,2’s and some sexy diagonal balls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami