• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 6 v Adelaide (home)

turbo

Hopefully Staj is really drilling the backs and defensive mids on sticking with their player. Adelaide have been utilising the cut back quite a bit and letting them find Mcgree in particular open in the box is very dangerous. They're not a one trick pony but we will have to be aware of that tactic and shut it down.

true believer

Agree. Kim to start and Stens to the bench.
this is a big physical reds side . that will push the boundaries , after being allowed to get away with murder in the FFA cup .
stens is absolutely needed . this goes for kim and nisbet you can play one but not two or they'll crush us .

Tevor

Surely Matty can't be trusted.... can he?

I'm hoping Staj realises he can't let Matty loose this week.
Adelaide would be targeting him from the off
He is Jacobson’s bitch, Jacobson is an expert at annoying strikers and Simon is easy bait for him just like the FFA Cup,

turbo

acobson is an expert at annoying strikers and Simon is easy bait for him just like the FFA Cup
He's a big grub so it doesnt surprise me he could get under Mattys skin, also a decent CB. They could be vulnerable to yellows once the ref opens his pocket so I'd be saving Silvera for the second half if everyone is fit. I feel like they'll just bully him in the first half and it'll take half an hour to see a yellow for blatant, cynical offences and overly physical play.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

He's a big grub so it doesnt surprise me he could get under Mattys skin, also a decent CB. They could be vulnerable to yellows once the ref opens his pocket so I'd be saving Silvera for the second half if everyone is fit. I feel like they'll just bully him in the first half and it'll take half an hour to see a yellow for blatant, cynical offences and overly physical play.
Don't forget in the FFA Cup, AU went out to foul Silvera off the park. They absolutely hacked him to bits and Shaun F. Evans did nothing about it. That's also when we realised that Silvera is actually one of the toughest players on the park - he just dusts himself off, gets up and keeps going.
They'll do it again - even though he's already proven that shit doesn't intimidate him. They'll get away with it too.

That can work in our favour though if we keep drawing fouls around the box.

Simon will absolutely cop a card if he's on there for more than 10 minutes. He'll be guaranteed to be sent if he's out there for more than half an hour.

This could be a dirty match based on the FFA cup match. We need to play smart and focus on our game, not on AU or the referee.

Pirate Pete

Shaun is there a chance this game could be off if the fires are still going?
Will player and fans health and welfare be an issue?

Air quality in Brisbane was awful today.
Could other games be off?

Wombat

Did not see Melling at training today. But I only stayed 5 mins as it was getting hot and i had work stuff.

Jair was there and is a smart passer of the football. I liked what i saw. as long as he can to it at full pace not training speed.

Wombat

Nizzy has been on the bench in front of him right. So I think barring injury we’re unlikely to see Melling again. If he could just pass accurately he really could have been a great player for us.

Nizzy looked the goods again. In fact he looked more composed than Silvera in my 5 min window.

true believer

Did not see Melling at training today. But I only stayed 5 mins as it was getting hot and i had work stuff.

Jair was there and is a smart passer of the football. I liked what i saw. as long as he can to it at full pace not training speed.
Did you see him shoot ?
How does he strike the ball ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb