• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 14 v Victory

pjennings

He did indeed but I have to say that I am still chuckling over Bozza’s expression post-game, which was that of someone chewing a wasp - priceless! :headbounce:

The bit I picked up was he said the Donachie non-penalty was correct. When Matty came over Bozza didn't have the guts to say the same - he instead said words to the effect of 'I know how you play from when I was there and you wouldn't go down without a reason'

Big Al

Shout out to Millar. Wasn’t as effective going forward but when it mattered put an absolute peach on Murray’s head.
He looked up. Took his time and saw Murray in the hole and put it on his forehead.
No blaze and hope hit. Great ball and great composure and best yet, he actually hit a target he was aiming for.
We deserved the goal as we were dominating but we were very wastefand disjointed at the same time

Ozhammer

Shout out to Millar. Wasn’t as effective going forward but when it mattered put an absolute peach on Murray’s head.
He looked up. Took his time and saw Murray in the hole and put it on his forehead.
No blaze and hope hit. Great ball and great composure and best yet, he actually hit a target he was aiming for.
Please don’t misspell his surname BA, it does him a disservice.... ;)

FFC Mariner

We deserved the goal as we were dominating but we were very wastefand disjointed at the same time
Can Mill-er give Oar lessons please? His crossing was woeful

true believer

Dramatic win.
We didnt play very well. Our off the ball movement is woeful. When we did show for the ball and played with fluidity we looked excellent.
Silvera and Simon gave us the impetus to win. DDS had a shocker. Sten's passing is very Melling like but he gets through alot of work. Oar was generally poor and nearly cost us a goal in 35min. Kye and Ziggy were awesome. Miller impressed me.

3pts Simon
2pts Kim
1pt. Ziggy and Rowles.
Millar got badly skinned a few times .
And we were lucky they couldn"t convert .
He is on a steep learning curve .

Dds has to let the ball go instead for trying to beat 5 dudes .

Jair had an under rated preformance
If murray takes his chances he could of had a few assists

Rowles can head a ball

In staj we trust

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Such a shame musc**t wasn't still in charge.
I know....but he wouldn't have been sent off, so it would all be slightly less funny.
But then it would be funnier, because Muscat.

the idiots over at whingepool are still whining about Matty, it's hilarious. Apparently it isn't fair that Kurz is suspended and Simon isn't charged for bringing the game into disrepute :piralaugh::piralaugh::piralaugh::piralaugh:

onto it

I thought we started 3-5-2 but Kim moved up to make it 4-4-2, at times it looked like 2-6-2 and scared me. I need to watch the replay to check.
Sometimes it seems to me that our structure is very fluid with players moving around freely. Quite often in defence midfielders are filling the role of fullbacks, covering for them when they get too far forward. It seems to work and allow the team to scramble well in defence but I fear it may be causing some of the need to scramble.
It could also explain why we can be slow in transitioning into attack, no one knows where players are expected to be.
Maybe someone with a keener eye to structure and a better understanding can explain it to me.
So many of the players are not playing to the structure set out in training. Although the teamwork is improving too many are still playing for themselves. I think Kim was just wanting to get forward (to be the hero), but was supposed to be in the middle of the back three. It left us very vulnerable at times.
Others (eg DDS) were not doing their work,instead were also trying to be the individualist hero.
Staj will sort them one way or another.
Overall though, I thought the character of the team to fight for the full 100 was outstanding. The tide is turning!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah.....I noticed a few times Kim went forwards and everytime he did, about 2 mids sort of hung back a bit to cover him. The commentators were commenting on how good his forward movement is, but to me it just seemed like him moving up would keep disrupting the midfield, which is the problem with putting him in the back line. And when he is sort of turn between pushing up and dropping back and 2 players have run back to cover him - suddenly there's a big gap. I'm still not sold on him in the back line.

onto it

100%
Tommy and Miller come too far up and created 2 at the back when only just regained possession.

but yes, 3 distinct changes as the game progressed
Yes, and T & M failed to get back. They played more like wingers than wing backs. Not fit enough.
I am not a big fan of Ziggy but felt sorry for him at times when he was trying to get the ball out. Kim and Miller were often hiding behind Victory players on the half way line.

marinermick

Yeah.....I noticed a few times Kim went forwards and everytime he did, about 2 mids sort of hung back a bit to cover him. The commentators were commenting on how good his forward movement is, but to me it just seemed like him moving up would keep disrupting the midfield, which is the problem with putting him in the back line. And when he is sort of turn between pushing up and dropping back and 2 players have run back to cover him - suddenly there's a big gap. I'm still not sold on him in the back line.

It’s because he is not in the backline.

I watched the replay today and we played a 4-2-2-2 predominately. It started as a 3-5-2 but moved quickly to 4-2-2-2.

Kim occasionally dropped in the backline to help but that was not his permanent position for this game.

onto it

It’s because he is not in the backline.

I watched the replay today and we played a 4-2-2-2 predominately. It started as a 3-5-2 but moved quickly to 4-2-2-2.

Kim occasionally dropped in the backline to help but that was not his permanent position for this game.
So do you think Staj is leading the world in just playing two defenders?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hmm....I noticed a few times when he pushed up, he seemed to drop right back into the backline while we were attacking. Maybe moving him around the pitch is doing his head in a bit?
It's the A-League. Home of bizarre football. Would it even surprise you?

marinermick

At times in attack. He wants to overload the midfield to win and maintain possession.

In defence sometimes Kim drops in, sometimes Miller, sometimes Oar, sometimes all three.

Modern football init where formations are fluid.

Forum Phoenix

Exactly Tommy never had as much time, but he had several chances with Jair and Muzz in the right area for all of his over hit crosses. Millar gets that one ball wrong, and we never win that game. It’s the vital quality we need in the final third.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami