• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 14 v Victory

Wombat

Dramatic win.
We didnt play very well. Our off the ball movement is woeful. When we did show for the ball and played with fluidity we looked excellent.
Silvera and Simon gave us the impetus to win. DDS had a shocker. Sten's passing is very Melling like but he gets through alot of work. Oar was generally poor and nearly cost us a goal in 35min. Kye and Ziggy were awesome. Miller impressed me.

3pts Simon
2pts Kim
1pt. Ziggy and Rowles.

Ironbark

I thought we thoroughly deserved the win in the end and it’s 1000% about time we got some of that f**king wildly late dramatic VAR luck. Both of victory’s goal were very flukey efforts that leave us all angry and sometimes make us turn on our players when we lose. Dobras’ goal was never going in if no deflection and Traore over hitting a cross that hits kye off the post? No way they deserved three points they did f**k all else to deserve it.
Our game plan got very predictable pretty fast but then Miller finally gave a high quality cross and it was a perfect header from Muzz.
The rest was that old school fight and we got the luck we of all clubs deserved. And as much as I’ve been off Matty in this stint, it honestly almost brought me to tears watching him celebrate both pens. These wins mean so much more to us than the other clubs.

On the tactical side, it was a 4 4 2 diamond. Slater and Hill thought it was 5 3 2 the whole way despite it being glaringly obvious Kim was in midfield from the 2nd minute onwards. Jair was a lot more involved and looked very sharp.
Kye was my MOM but so many deserve mentions.
About time we played 2 up front im(novice)o

Michael

Dramatic win.
We didnt play very well. Our off the ball movement is woeful. When we did show for the ball and played with fluidity we looked excellent.
Silvera and Simon gave us the impetus to win. DDS had a shocker. Sten's passing is very Melling like but he gets through alot of work. Oar was generally poor and nearly cost us a goal in 35min. Kye and Ziggy were awesome. Miller impressed me.

3pts Simon
2pts Kim
1pt. Ziggy and Rowles.

There definitely was a few times Tommy got caught up field and just plain caught out but he gave us a fair bit going forward too. But I still felt more comfortable with him than Clisby.
Stens’ form has dropped the same as it has recently with Silvera. You’ll always get that with the young boys though.
We’re really starting to see the best of Kim each week now. Miller keeps blowing me away too. Surely a few year extension incoming for him.

Ironbark

He attends any CCM match he can as he still loves the club that he built.
I've spoken to Lawrie personally for extended periods (as I'm sure many here have) and he can't hold back his love for CCM. He's like this whilst being the scum CEO. He told me rather directly once that he'd be back at the club in a heartbeat if he could help. But that at the moment his help wasn't wanted.

I feel mixed on this. I don't like his unfurling the scum banner at our final and his gimmicks at our expense

Ironbark

So - Matt Simon and Michael McGlinchey come together to win us an old fashioned backs to the wall 3-2 win when 2-1 down in extra time old school mariners comeback fairy tale win. Blast from the past or what.

marinermick

So - Matt Simon and Michael McGlinchey come together to win us an old fashioned backs to the wall 3-2 win when 2-1 down in extra time old school mariners comeback fairy tale win. Blast from the past or what.

For a change it was our subs that won us the game. Nice to have that depth, especially over Victory whose subs were trash.

No injuries at the moment giving us that depth so we need to capitalise while we are in this situation.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah I had this thought. Lot of money and patience required... but we got there eh. Both to start next week?? :innocent:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Hope they don’t do a Hoole and resign both Simon and Wee mac cause of some decent goals

Tevor

It is nice to have some good feelings about both players after a game instead of what I've felt all season. I'll give it to Simon he does handle a Pen well even with Broxham doing his absolute best to put him off with delaying tactics. And Wee Mac's run into the box was excellent, Broxham clearly didn't trust Roux to handle him.

stormin

The experience Simon & Mcglinchey have is invaluable to the younger players ,Mcglinchey’s experience In chasing down lost causes won that penalty we’re others would have given it up and Simon was never going to miss that opportunity to win the game ,these 2 have always had the winning mentality for the big games their records speaks for itself .

Ozhammer

I was very impressed with Simon's interview after the match. He spoke extremely well and showed a lot of maturity and commonsense.
He did indeed but I have to say that I am still chuckling over Bozza’s expression post-game, which was that of someone chewing a wasp - priceless! :headbounce:

Last edited:

greenlig

The experience Simon & Mcglinchey have is invaluable to the younger players ,Mcglinchey’s experience In chasing down lost causes won that penalty we’re others would have given it up and Simon was never going to miss that opportunity to win the game ,these 2 have always had the winning mentality for the big games their records speaks for itself .
Welcome to the forums Mrs. McGlinchey :)

But it was actually good seeing it, felt like the old days. For the night, I forgave all :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami