• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 12 - NYE vs Perth

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, you lot said everything I was gonna say ...BUT ....the sooner Staj gets Tommy further back down the pitch and Kim out of defense the better we’re gonna be ....Haps Ny you lot COYY

pjennings

young bloke getting ahead of himself .he'll be fine
Not only that - but once teams figure you out a young player they need to re-assess and add to their game. His other problem is that he is too easily pushed off the ball and needs to bulk up a bit.

true believer

Aside from Birraz, nobody really showed up tonight, they looked like they were already on the beers for NYE.

First game in a long time i remember us losing not because we were the worse tea, but just because we misfired across the board and everybody had an off night
i can't agree . they just handled the conditions better than us.
Chinese , fall ya rolly and castro were imperious
Neil Kilkenny is the best pro in the comp
Alex Grant schooled our lads . there were a few judo moves to .

true believer

Massive thanks to both the Yellow Army and the Coastie Crew lads for creating an awesome atmosphere tonight. The 'who do we sing for' call and response was greatly appreciated by the rusted on fans. Thanks again gents :)
that was the positive of the night .well done lads

Forum Phoenix

Who said dominant? 3 players from top 6 competitive. At moment best result would be 7/8. 3 players might nab us 6.

Yeah that’s how I see it, 3 to be consistently competitive. But agree with you Mick to actually challenge for top spot let alone be dominant, we need another 5 or 6.
But our recruitment and also players dropped has been a big step up on previous years imo.

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

They didn’t miss it. Had a good look at it, Rules state if it deflects off the player and bounces into the arm it’s not hand ball.
Well I'm happy to take it. Other times we've been shafted, so about time we got a break. I suspect other refs might have called it too.

Forum Phoenix

young bloke getting ahead of himself .he'll be fine

The pressure is on him now to do something every time. Needs to shelve that and just play good simple fast football let his instincts decide when to carve people up. That left foot. shot he crafted against multiple opponents was a cracker. Without the wind he scores I think.

Also other teams are now giving him extra attention which he has to learn to cope with.

Forum Phoenix

Not only that - but once teams figure you out a young player they need to re-assess and add to their game. His other problem is that he is too easily pushed off the ball and needs to bulk up a bit.
If I’d just read one more post down would have saved me time :thumbup:

turbo

We now have a run of seven games where we don't play any of them. This period will define our season.
Totally agree. The upcoming games between now and the jets in February will determine where we sit whether that’s sneaking in to the six or looking at another spoon and anywhere in between. It’s critical that we take wins from the jets and roar and another one or two along the way would help a lot.

Ironbark

Staj has said he won't be looking to change players or recruit in Jan unless something opportunistically comes up

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

They didn’t miss it. Had a good look at it, Rules state if it deflects off the player and bounces into the arm it’s not hand ball.
How did the officials and VAR miss Tommy's handball in the first few minutes? From where my family & I were standing, Blind Freddy on a galloping horse would've seen it. We dodged a bullet there, result could've been 4-zip.
Did it bounce off Tommy himself or somebody else?

pjennings

Staj has said he won't be looking to change players or recruit in Jan unless something opportunistically comes up

I read that also. However, what does that mean. It could be simply that he will sit on what he has as long as no-one wants to make a move out now. There are a few players not getting game time that may be keen to try their luck elsewhere. If that happens then there is the 'opportunity' depending on the amount of salary cap / visa spots freed up. I am sure Staj is actively looking for next season and would also be looking at opportunities to bring more of his players now if the opportunity 'presented' itself.

pjennings

How did the officials and VAR miss Tommy's handball in the first few minutes? From where my family & I were standing, Blind Freddy on a galloping horse would've seen it. We dodged a bullet there, result could've been 4-zip.

I couldn't tell from my position where it occurred. I assume from what you are saying about VAR that it was inside the box otherwise VAR shouldn't be able to comment.

MagpieMariner

It was inside the box. I don't remember if it bounced off the body first or not. My son-in-law beside me (a qualified ref, has reffed some NPL games) immediately said "Oh shit, that's a pen."

Tevor

It was inside the box. I don't remember if it bounced off the body first or not. My son-in-law beside me (a qualified ref, has reffed some NPL games) immediately said "Oh shit, that's a pen."
Lets face it any hand ball this season is a lottery, I don't even try and work them out these days I just watch in amusement. I thought it was a 50/50 and happy it went our way as that was the only 50/50 that went our way all night. Enough has been said about the game and performances and it is just another failure to back up after a win. 2nd last now the Road beat the hapless Drive Byes, I've said it before. I don't think Babbel will make seasons end.

neverwozza

It was right in front of me as well and it hit him in the body and it looked like he moved his arm to control the ball so I thought dead set pen. Referee was unsighted and camera angle wasn't great so I thought we dodged an early bullet too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami