Rd 12 - NYE vs Perth

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by priorpeter, Dec 25, 2019.

1. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

young bloke getting ahead of himself .he'll be fine

2. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Well, you lot said everything I was gonna say ...BUT ....the sooner Staj gets Tommy further back down the pitch and Kim out of defense the better we’re gonna be ....Haps Ny you lot COYY

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Not only that - but once teams figure you out a young player they need to re-assess and add to their game. His other problem is that he is too easily pushed off the ball and needs to bulk up a bit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. true believer

i can't agree . they just handled the conditions better than us.
    Chinese , fall ya rolly and castro were imperious
    Neil Kilkenny is the best pro in the comp
    Alex Grant schooled our lads . there were a few judo moves to .

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. true believer

that was the positive of the night .well done lads

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s how I see it, 3 to be consistently competitive. But agree with you Mick to actually challenge for top spot let alone be dominant, we need another 5 or 6.
    But our recruitment and also players dropped has been a big step up on previous years imo.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

Well I'm happy to take it. Other times we've been shafted, so about time we got a break. I suspect other refs might have called it too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Forum Phoenix

The pressure is on him now to do something every time. Needs to shelve that and just play good simple fast football let his instincts decide when to carve people up. That left foot. shot he crafted against multiple opponents was a cracker. Without the wind he scores I think.

Also other teams are now giving him extra attention which he has to learn to cope with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Forum Phoenix

If I’d just read one more post down would have saved me time :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. true believer

And the gosford races by race 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. pjennings

This is what we have to avoid

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Totally agree. The upcoming games between now and the jets in February will determine where we sit whether that’s sneaking in to the six or looking at another spoon and anywhere in between. It’s critical that we take wins from the jets and roar and another one or two along the way would help a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

Staj has said he won't be looking to change players or recruit in Jan unless something opportunistically comes up

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

Did it bounce off Tommy himself or somebody else?

15. pjennings

I read that also. However, what does that mean. It could be simply that he will sit on what he has as long as no-one wants to make a move out now. There are a few players not getting game time that may be keen to try their luck elsewhere. If that happens then there is the 'opportunity' depending on the amount of salary cap / visa spots freed up. I am sure Staj is actively looking for next season and would also be looking at opportunities to bring more of his players now if the opportunity 'presented' itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. pjennings

I couldn't tell from my position where it occurred. I assume from what you are saying about VAR that it was inside the box otherwise VAR shouldn't be able to comment.

17. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

It was inside the box. I don't remember if it bounced off the body first or not. My son-in-law beside me (a qualified ref, has reffed some NPL games) immediately said "Oh shit, that's a pen."

18. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

Lets face it any hand ball this season is a lottery, I don't even try and work them out these days I just watch in amusement. I thought it was a 50/50 and happy it went our way as that was the only 50/50 that went our way all night. Enough has been said about the game and performances and it is just another failure to back up after a win. 2nd last now the Road beat the hapless Drive Byes, I've said it before. I don't think Babbel will make seasons end.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. neverwozza

neverwozza Active Member

It was right in front of me as well and it hit him in the body and it looked like he moved his arm to control the ball so I thought dead set pen. Referee was unsighted and camera angle wasn't great so I thought we dodged an early bullet too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

The commentary suggested it was waved on because it came off Tommy's body and ricocheted into his arm

• Like Like x 1