• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R8 away @ Nix

Antlion

I'd just be happy having training up to scratch for a few consecutive weeks and seeing it translate to improvements on the park.

Makes me wonder what has changed, if anything.

Reactions: adz

JoyfulPenguin

I spoke to Tom today. He is hoping to be back for the Perth game on NYE.

Training was very professional today and there was a really good vibe.

Even the Goalkeeping drills were a step up from normal. I was watching thinking Pearce is the worst of the 4 keepers and then he pulled off 3 beautiful saves in quick succession, so there is some talent in there.

Mario Shabow looks chock full of confidence and i'm expecting a big game from him against the Scummers.

Oar was back and looking sharp but his knee is strapped. Aspro looks 100% now.

I feel alot more confident after today and am going to back us for an upset.

COYY
Cheers Wombat and everyone for the training updates! It's great to have some idea of what's going on.

Forum Phoenix

I do think we need to at least give Mulvey till at least the end of the season, we can't waiver from the leeway we gave Walmsley or we will scare good coaches off.

Yeah I think this cuts to the heart of it.

I don’t think anyone could fairly say Mike has had things go his way so far with all the injuries we’ve copped. His clear mistakes have been not selecting Tom until he was injured instead of Melling, and he tried to accommodate Matty too much. (Ross playing deeper etc). So all we’d have left to be upset about him was winless in 8 games and playing dire football etc... o_O
errrhemmmm....

Even the Goalkeeping drills were a step up from normal. I was watching thinking Pearce is the worst of the 4 keepers and then he pulled off 3 beautiful saves in quick succession, so there is some talent in there.

Mario Shabow looks chock full of confidence and i'm expecting a big game from him against the Scummers.

COYY

Well that was a nice post to read. Cheers Wombat.

I thought Pearce’s first save on the first goal on the weekend (powerful strike, deflection and hard to see) was top drawer also. His distribution was not perfect, but a lot better than BK.

He’s so young for a keeper, and when people assess young keepers this needs to be considered I think, decision making and nerve are hard to come by so early, and they should think of Izzo's growth. Said at the time it was mostly just youth but there was clearly some talent (free kicks /walls aside). And he’s now proven the point I think.

Great news on Tom, and also Oar and Aspropotamitis.

Great to hear training is what any fan would expect of a professional club.

But I’m still expecting to lose. Our on field issues are too big imo to turn around quickly, and very likely at all, this season sadly.

Looking forward to being proven wrong.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

COYY

Thanks Wombat, I am glad you spoke to Tom. I hope you let him know the fans are behind him 100%.

FFS I would love the Mulvey to realise he could be the basis of the spine this team does not have and sign him for two more years.

Wombat

Thanks Wombat, I am glad you spoke to Tom. I hope you let him know the fans are behind him 100%.

FFS I would love the Mulvey to realise he could be the basis of the spine this team does not have and sign him for two more years.

Ancient,
He is such a nice bloke and has the perfect attitude. I told him, as i told Gumpey 15 years ago......you are the most important player in this team. We need you out there for us to succeed.
He wasnt displeased to hear it but he way very humble.

Forum Phoenix

Ancient,
He is such a nice bloke and has the perfect attitude. I told him, as i told Gumpey 15 years ago......you are the most important player in this team. We need you out there for us to succeed.
He wasnt displeased to hear it but he way very humble.

NIce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred