• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R8 away @ Nix

Rowdy

Adam Peacock :
"Can you put any lipstick on that? " (ccm v nix)

Andy Harper:
"I dont want to rain on the Wellington parade, & congrats to the club & Mark Rudan ... but .. um ... that's 'pub-league' defending!

& .. again .. I'm just . I'm lost for words at the lack of application, or discipline or focus ..um that has now been demonstrable now for a couple of weeks with this team.

I dont know what MM has been doing, dont know what he can do except to take a leaf out of Bozza's book and he's said it himself 'Im gonna have to start throwing some kid's in here', because this IS depressing &
.. this is.... the stylus is stuck in the same track with the Mariners.

& it's..it's ..it's gotta be off the field ! because the faces are changing but the impact on the field has been .. depressingly repetitive.

They started boisterously with a couple of strong performances where they looked like they were starting to be something again ... to be a football club again.

But gradually the sand has been dripping out..& ..& .. it was sad to watch thst on the weekend. . & I hope there's a stick of gelignite in the dressing room ... to blow up the atmosphere in there & regenerate some energy for this cause, that is the Central Coast Mariners ... because the fans deserve it.

The fans have stuck by this team ..um through a lot more in 'thin' then there's been 'thick' in recent years.

And the players in the dressing room have got to look at themselves ...& ..Bozza's gone on a rant about this on clubs in the past - but you get down to the individual moments in games where people have to be focused and think
- 'this blokes not getting pass me now!'
... because my reputation is on the line
..my team mate's reputations on the line & my fans enjoyment is on the line !!

- a very simple transaction"

Adam Peacock:
"A lot to do for the Mariners in a short amount of time because they've got the Jet's in a derby on the weekend... so you'd think they'd be able to get up for that"

Josho Howe

Just watched the game again and spotted something ??? I missed during live action.

Team played shit v the Nix, BUT we shouldn't forget the 'MOM' Award.

These x2 get:
- the 3, the 2 & 1 pt combined ....

View attachment 1245

@Josho Howe & @priorpeter

Not sure if you forum folk heard but only about half of the playing squad came over to us after the game. Murray and Pain were frank and said that wasn't good enough. Exactly what you want to hear as a fan. God honest truth. As for the players who couldn't have been bothered coming over to us, pretty shit form. $500 return flights, $115 accom, $300 spending money and they can't give us a second of their time. At least saturday night on the piss was fun.

priorpeter

Not sure if you forum folk heard but only about half of the playing squad came over to us after the game. Murray and Pain were frank and said that wasn't good enough. Exactly what you want to hear as a fan. God honest truth. As for the players who couldn't have been bothered coming over to us, pretty shit form. $500 return flights, $115 accom, $300 spending money and they can't give us a second of their time. At least saturday night on the piss was fun.

Only $300 spending money? f**k... How many f**kin drinks did I end up buying you? Hahahaha nah all good bud. Jesus, I’m scared to check my credit card statement though. What a night :overheadl:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

@Shaun Mielekamp travelling fans deserve better. Especially at a time like this when fan loyalty is being sorely tested and many have fallen by the wayside. This sort of thing can make or break fans on the edge. It's not the club culture of old there. not looking for a response, just think that's a post you should see.

priorpeter

Ok I kept my mouth shut so far but the response from the players post game was pissweak. Muzz was the first to come over by a long shot , followed by pain. Both said it was not good enough and you could tell they were gutted. Pearce, Simon, McGing, and Clisby also came over but said nought. Mcglinchey came halfway over, then waved and f**ked off. Rest of them didn’t bother - not great. Mulvey looked at us and walked the other way quick smart. Pretty piss poor if you ask me.
I’d give my left nut to be a pro footballer, and they can’t even f**king acknowledge us when we’ve spent stupid amounts of money to follow them to another country? Kbye.

priorpeter

Sat at the airport waiting to board the flight back on Sunday and spotted Golec on his own - we had some bants during pre-season when I was doing the ground announcing so I waved and he came over. He is usually a big f**kin personality but speaking to him he was so softly spoken and it was plain to see he’s hurting nearly as much as us.

Wombat

Adam Peacock :
"Can you put any lipstick on that? " (ccm v nix)

Andy Harper:
"I dont want to rain on the Wellington parade, & congrats to the club & Mark Rudan ... but .. um ... that's 'pub-league' defending!

& .. again .. I'm just . I'm lost for words at the lack of application, or discipline or focus ..um that has now been demonstrable now for a couple of weeks with this team.

I dont know what MM has been doing, dont know what he can do except to take a leaf out of Bozza's book and he's said it himself 'Im gonna have to start throwing some kid's in here', because this IS depressing &
.. this is.... the stylus is stuck in the same track with the Mariners.

& it's..it's ..it's gotta be off the field ! because the faces are changing but the impact on the field has been .. depressingly repetitive.

They started boisterously with a couple of strong performances where they looked like they were starting to be something again ... to be a football club again.

But gradually the sand has been dripping out..& ..& .. it was sad to watch thst on the weekend. . & I hope there's a stick of gelignite in the dressing room ... to blow up the atmosphere in there & regenerate some energy for this cause, that is the Central Coast Mariners ... because the fans deserve it.

The fans have stuck by this team ..um through a lot more in 'thin' then there's been 'thick' in recent years.

And the players in the dressing room have got to look at themselves ...& ..Bozza's gone on a rant about this on clubs in the past - but you get down to the individual moments in games where people have to be focused and think
- 'this blokes not getting pass me now!'
... because my reputation is on the line
..my team mate's reputations on the line & my fans enjoyment is on the line !!

- a very simple transaction"

Adam Peacock:
"A lot to do for the Mariners in a short amount of time because they've got the Jet's in a derby on the weekend... so you'd think they'd be able to get up for that"[/QUOTE

Pretty inciteful from Harper for a change.

Forum Phoenix

That really bothers me.

Players need to own their defeats and thank the fans, rain hail or shine, win, draw, lose.

Mike should start with you.

LFCMariners

It's a pity Okon isn't still coaching. He would've bothered to come over and ask if you were still posting shit about him on social media?

ballantyne

If MM is blaming players now, he's surely halfway gone. We'll lose to the Jets next weekend and at that point have lost to everyone bar City (i feel we lost at Brisbane everywhere except the scoreboard). Any owner is then looking at firing the guy. Mark Hughes is free. Mate of Phelan no doubt.

turbo

i feel we lost at Brisbane everywhere except the scoreboard
Agreed. If Taggart could finish in that game we'd have lost by a few and now be 7 points clear of 9th. Roar would be 7th on goal difference. MM must be feeling the pressure by now, no one expected big things from him but they certainly didnt expect this either. If things don't turn around I can't see him finishing the season with us, his position will be untenable. Two of his more questionable signings are on two year deals though so there would be a cost to another clean out. Oar on a two year deal as well and yet to be seen if he can pay off.

Rowdy

It's a pity Okon isn't still coaching. He would've bothered to come over and ask if you were still posting shit about him on social media?
.... & defiantly still wearing that ! Marconi jacket to fcuk with us ! :cool:

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

I'd even settle for Kossie. Yeh, I know but I am getting desperate.
Kossie going after our licence now. He can FK off. The club is only losing. It's not basketcase off the field. GCU, Fury and Knights were all basketcases.
Phoenix are stable but they're also an NZ team and I don't think NZ should be a higher priority than say Canberra.
Weve got infrastructure that clubs have o my just caught up to. What metrics does he want? He's obviously only chasing wins to see a reason to kick us out.

Rowdy

I'd even settle for Kossie. Yeh, I know but I am getting desperate.
Glad your coming around AM ;), and a desperate choice Kossie aint !

Absolute 'NO- nonsense', straight shooter who calls it like it IS !
- which is exactly what this squad needs
..... as well as in the other direction - back towards the club and the owner.

He's smarted himself quite considerably during his time away from his last A-League coaching appointment with Adelaide United

Multiple years working with Fox has afforded him the luxury to access their resources in technical analysis of the changes in modern Football, honing better communications skills - evidenced in getting his thoughts across, whilst still maintaining the best bits of his old school tactics.

His son Nathan Kosmina has worked at the FFA, Football Federation SA, Sydney University before joining Adelaide United in August 2016, where he worked his way to becoming the current CEO.

So Kossie Snr certsinly has an ear to the ground when it comes to the Australian Footballing landscape.

Not forgetting he didn't drop the actual Coaching side of things at all.

After his last stint at AU, he's stayed in the game ... Coaching Brisbane City in the Queensland Premier League, since 2016 till now.

Will only be a matter of time regarding Mulvey being removed imo.
- Appointing an overseas coach WILL NEVER sort CCM's shit out !

I strongly believe, as I first posited it, that John Kosmina could !
..... if given the right resources.

LFCMariners

Haha, my reply would be - ''I'll talk shit all l want because l spent a lot of money to be here''

All jokes aside, my first thought when I heard that story on your podcast was that it sounded like something straight out of 'Mike Bassett- England Manager'. It speaks volumes about why his tenure at this club wasn't successful.

Rowdy

Kossie going after our licence now. He can FK off. The club is only losing. It's not basketcase off the field. GCU, Fury and Knights were all basketcases.
Phoenix are stable but they're also an NZ team and I don't think NZ should be a higher priority than say Canberra.
Weve got infrastructure that clubs have o my just caught up to. What metrics does he want? He's obviously only chasing wins to see a reason to kick us out.
I think Kossie was speaking more to whether Charlesworth wants to own a club in the A-League (without directly referencing MC, instead ysing 'The Club/Management')

Prior to him talking about CCM possibly losing the licence Kos was making more of an impassioned plea;
"The fact is ... The Mariners (*MC) have to make a decision now .. this is a management thing now - it's git nothing to do with the Football ...about what sort of team? ..what sort of club do they want to be ? Are they going to represent the Central Coast?

They wanna talk about bringing youngster's in , Mulvey said earlier in the season... "it's good that were putting good Youth Coaches in, we're going to ti develop kids"

That's all well & good, but Lachie Wales is a local boy & he went off to MCity .... & I've heard it was only because of something like $10grand !?!

..... Management need to make the decision (
again only MC can make this decision) about whether they actually really want to be in the A-League ... & be in it seriously.

Bozza's brought up Pro/Rel & said "teams get comfortable"

But the Mariner's can't afford that .. there's too much history in that club, .. there's .. a lot ..well you won a GF with them!(McBreen- 'yep') ... Lawrie McKinna had been in GF's before that, & did a great job building the team into the community there. "

- McBreen went on about CCc ocals talking to him about Charlesworth not investing in a quality squad to 'give it a shake'
- Kossie then went on about the Jets swallowing our area up etc etc

But for me this:

"But the Mariner's can't afford that .. there's too much history in that club, .. there's .. a lot .."

-
from Kossie, shows clearly that he doesnt want us/CCM fcuked off
..... he IS really questioning Charlesworth's commitment imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami