• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R7 v WSW away

Scotty

I'm curious to know how a team can put in very acceptable performances for segments of a match? Mostly the early stages, but completely do the opposite for the rest.

Aside from team selection, MMM's match plans and tactics seem effective early on and the players can for the most part execute them well. There have been periods when we have been able to dominate any team, including the top four.

Why?

Are opposition managers quickly nullifying our tactics?
Are we too slow to adapt?
Are we not fit enough?
Do we give up too soon or fail to focus continually?

Wombat

I'm curious to know how a team can put in very acceptable performances for segments of a match? Mostly the early stages, but completely do the opposite for the rest.

Aside from team selection, MMM's match plans and tactics seem effective early on and the players can for the most part execute them well. There have been periods when we have been able to dominate any team, including the top four.

Why?

Are we not fit enough?

We are not fit enough and we dont train for long enough. We should work on tactics, techniques, drills and then play a full 90min 11 v 11 game each session.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I think it’s fair to say that the Mariners are making the New Zealand Knights look talented...f**k me , what a horrible situation.....

The next home game will be only family, friends, WAGS and welded on members ( like me and the missus)

Last edited:

turbo

The only thing salvaging the crowd numbers will be the jets derby and the New Years game. Unless we see a lot of improvement you’ll see the extent of the fall out on the city 16/1 and Roar 20/1 rounds. Close together and no travelling fans to bail us out.

JoyfulPenguin

The only thing salvaging the crowd numbers will be the jets derby and the New Years game. Unless we see a lot of improvement you’ll see the extent of the fall out on the city 16/1 and Roar 20/1 rounds. Close together and no travelling fans to bail us out.
Well you will have a +2 for those games with me and my fiancee coming up to see our first ever home games. I'm sure we will balance out the lost attendance :D

Josho Howe

Our dire performance was outrageous but almost as outrageous was Spotless only have the awful great northern on tap and that forced me to drink light beer. Don't wanna go back to that soulless cesspit ever again.

Offsider

Why?

Are we not fit enough?

It takes time in a team sport for the teams to sort out their tactics and apply them each game.
Our tactic (to me anyway) of individual spoiling and pressure is soon overcome by a better prepared team with better players as it adjusts.

For what it is worth ..... the team is shit ...... but it is not the players fault. They are putting out ,but as they tire they make mistakes. I see this as a result of being forced to overplay their ability at this level at this time. Many of them have had to step up to a-league level, that is way better this year than expected, without the luxury of being properly conditioned for the rise. It was always a gamble that some of the npl boys would hopefully be gems............ but I never had any faith in the recruitment of lost mongrel or culture.
Ccm are surely the only team in sporting history to try and use that recruitment criteria to field a championship winning team. You can argue with me but you can’t argue with the results.
I feel sorry for the boys that have had their resumee’s coloured by this seasons result.

I trust that phelan and co will finally turn the circus around now that mc has morefaith in the ffa.

Scotty

I think it’s fair to say that the Mariners are making the New Zealand Knights look talented...f**k me , what a horrible situation.....

The next home game will be only family, friends, WAGS and welded on members ( like me and the missus)
We've hit a new low comparing ourselves to the NZ Knights!
I can see the parallels though. The stats don't lie.

adz

Staff member
Simon should not be captain. He should be used like he was at Sydney coming on in the last 15 or so, bash, crash, and bully his way through everyone... not try doing that for the entire game.

adz

Staff member
Tom ;)

ccmsydpreview.jpg

Ancient Mariner

I have calmed down now and had a chance to watch the tv.

I still say sack the lot of them.

Seriously working from the back.

Kennedy: although he did a couple of good things is unfortunately not up to standard. The thing I noticed was the second goal. When he pushed it away he could not get up quickly enough to save the rebound shot. This is the same thing that did Bozza (and all great keepers when they age) in when he tried to make a late career comeback with us.
On his showing so far this season - sack.

Golec: was played out of position and is not a full/wing back. He has the pace to be one, but if that it is to be his future it will take a long time to learn the craft. He is a centre half and will hopefully return to form after his broken leg, but it will take time.
On his showing so far this season - keep for the bench, and hope for recovery.

Rowles: did some good things but was part of a very non coordinated back line.
On his showing so far this season - Keep, hopefully he will improve with age.

McGing: looked the best of the central defenders, and that is frightening. Not a bad run in a non coordinated back line.
On his showing so far this season - Keep for the bench and as a useful utility.

Cisse: Appeared to be totally lost.
On his showing so far this season - sack, he has gone a season to far and is now past it even for A- League level.

Millar: Great game, absolutely owned Elrich, who is not a bad fullback (crap central defender), he has the full/wingback position for the season.
On his showing so far this season - Keep, he has shown there are gems to be mined in the NPL.

Melling: Tries hard but cannot pass, although he put in a couple of reasonable passes under no pressure last night. Enough has been said about his passing ability. In defence he does not anticipate (crucial for a DM), he hangs back and when he does hassle a player it is usually someone who is dwelling on the ball and he has had to run about 5 meters to get in their backs. Too many times last night he held off the player he was marking and the pass went forward with no interference. Looked like a mobile traffic cone too often.
On his showing so far this season - Sack, he is not A-League standard and is showing what is wrong with Mulvey's philosophy of picking enthusiasm over skill.

O'Neil; Great game, worked his but off and was everything a DM should be that Melling is not. Copped a totally unfair yellow for calling out a diving scumbag
On his showing so far this season - Keep, he is getting better every game, I wish we had him on a 3 year contract rather than a loan.

Pain: another great game, the only player in our team (apart from Millar) who will attack with the ball at their feet. And a player who has both passion and skill.
On his showing so far this season - Keep, the greatest swap ever made. Hopefully we can hang on to him.

Wee Mac: probably his best game since returning but he showed the brain is still there but he is no longer young. The Aleague opposition is better than it was when he was last here but unfortunately he is years older than back then.
On his showing so far this season - Sack, past it. Gone a year too far at this level.

Simon: last night did nothing, was out competed for the long ball and showed why he should not be captain by that stupid "stamp". OK the opposition player had been niggling and getting away with it, but that was just stupidity, all he could have achieved was a red card. If you are going to thump somebody and get sent off, at least make it worth it and make sure they go with you. Look up Dud Beattie v Rocky Turner in the rugby league test Aus v Poms early 1960's to see what I mean.
On his showing so far this season - Sack, past it. Gone a year too far at this level.

Clisby: when he came on, I am sure everyone was asking why was he not there from the start.
On his showing so far this season - Keep, competently fills a position that is notoriously difficult to fill.

Hoole: when he came on showed nothing much. He is another example of where the Mulvey philosophy falls down. Shows heaps of enthusiasm, is a favourite of the coach, but he is not good enough. He is what is known in cricket as a "flat track bully". Scores heaps of runs on on easy pitches and against weal attacks, but fails when the pressure is on.
On his showing so far this season - Sack, he has more opportunities than most across heaps of clubs. He will rip it up in the NPL.

The coach; I am starting to worry that he is being blinded by his own philosophy and fear he is too much "my way or the highway". I would like to think that he has better man management skills than that and is able to bring out the best in players, but I have a vague memory of problems between he and some players in the old days. However apart from that he has had the team long enough now for them to be showing some cohesion. Unfortunately I am seeing none of it. Yes, he correctly said last night something we are lacking skill. The players in the most part were brought in by he, Monty, and later Phelan as well. If you buy injured crocks and those who are past it. Who is to blame? The owner opened his purse more than in previous years, if we do not get results before the new year I really worry for the season.

Big Al

I have calmed down now and had a chance to watch the tv.

I still say sack the lot of them.

Seriously working from the back.

Kennedy: although he did a couple of good things is unfortunately not up to standard. The thing I noticed was the second goal. When he pushed it away he could not get up quickly enough to save the rebound shot. This is the same thing that did Bozza (and all great keepers when they age) in when he tried to make a late career comeback with us.
On his showing so far this season - sack.

Golec: was played out of position and is not a full/wing back. He has the pace to be one, but if that it is to be his future it will take a long time to learn the craft. He is a centre half and will hopefully return to form after his broken leg, but it will take time.
On his showing so far this season - keep for the bench, and hope for recovery.

Rowles: did some good things but was part of a very non coordinated back line.
On his showing so far this season - Keep, hopefully he will improve with age.

McGing: looked the best of the central defenders, and that is frightening. Not a bad run in a non coordinated back line.
On his showing so far this season - Keep for the bench and as a useful utility.

Cisse: Appeared to be totally lost.
On his showing so far this season - sack, he has gone a season to far and is now past it even for A- League level.

Millar: Great game, absolutely owned Elrich, who is not a bad fullback (crap central defender), he has the full/wingback position for the season.
On his showing so far this season - Keep, he has shown there are gems to be mined in the NPL.

Melling: Tries hard but cannot pass, although he put in a couple of reasonable passes under no pressure last night. Enough has been said about his passing ability. In defence he does not anticipate (crucial for a DM), he hangs back and when he does hassle a player it is usually someone who is dwelling on the ball and he has had to run about 5 meters to get in their backs. Too many times last night he held off the player he was marking and the pass went forward with no interference. Looked like a mobile traffic cone too often.
On his showing so far this season - Sack, he is not A-League standard and is showing what is wrong with Mulvey's philosophy of picking enthusiasm over skill.

O'Neil; Great game, worked his but off and was everything a DM should be that Melling is not. Copped a totally unfair yellow for calling out a diving scumbag
On his showing so far this season - Keep, he is getting better every game, I wish we had him on a 3 year contract rather than a loan.

Pain: another great game, the only player in our team (apart from Millar) who will attack with the ball at their feet. And a player who has both passion and skill.
On his showing so far this season - Keep, the greatest swap ever made. Hopefully we can hang on to him.

Wee Mac: probably his best game since returning but he showed the brain is still there but he is no longer young. The Aleague opposition is better than it was when he was last here but unfortunately he is years older than back then.

Simon: last night did nothing, was out competed for the long ball and showed why he should not be captain by that stupid "stamp". OK the opposition player had been niggling and getting away with it, but that was just stupidity, all he could have achieved was a red card. If you are going to thump somebody and get sent off, at least make it worth it and make sure they go with you. Look up Dud Beattie v Rocky Turner in the rugby league test Aus v Poms early 1960's to see what I mean.

Clisby: when he came on, I am sure everyone was asking why was he not there from the start.
On his showing so far this season - Keep, competently fills a position that is notoriously difficult to fill.

Hoole: when he came on showed nothing much. He is another example of where the Mulvey philosophy falls down. Shows heaps of enthusiasm, is a favourite of the coach, but he is not good enough. He is what is known in cricket as a "flat track bully". Scores heaps of runs on on easy pitches and against weal attacks, but fails when the pressure is on.
On his showing so far this season - Sack, he has more opportunities than most across heaps of clubs. He will rip it up in the NPL.

The coach; I am starting to worry that he is being blinded by his own philosophy and fear he is too much "my way or the highway". I would like to think that he has better man management skills than that and is able to bring out the best in players, but I have a vague memory of problems between he and some players in the old days. However apart from that he has had the team long enough now for them to be showing some cohesion. Unfortunately I am seeing none of it. Yes, he correctly said last night something we are lacking skill. The players in the most part were brought in by he, Monty, and later Phelan as well. If you buy injured crocks and those who are past it. Who is to blame? The owner opened his purse more than in previous years, if we do not get results before the new year I really worry for the season.
Agreed with every single one

turbo

In 24 hours we’ve gone from looking like we could beat WSW and carry momentum in to our match with the nix who just played Sydney. Instead we lost and looked quite poor and they’ve rolled Sydney 3-1 leaving us isolated at the bottom. Fantastic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred