• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R7 v WSW away

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
oh yeah, and what was Brenton Speed smoking ....did Matty tell him to f**k off when he got to the ground ?
Speed turned a step on a foot into "violent conduct" and then that atrocious little wanderers shit bag fell down screaming over nothing holding his face....luckily Gillette wasnt in his usual mood or Simon would of been gawnski

turbo

Kennedy saved it from being 7-0

He definitely isn’t getting the credit he should for the things he did well. A few nice outstretched saves and more confident when he came off his line which was good to see. Yes he should have got to the ball he spilled but he wasnt a big problem tonight. This one is on the outfield players, even if Kennedy manages to keep a clean sheet we didn’t look like scoring.

Coastalraider

The centre of excellence has a digital signboard at the main roundabout now, generally used to advertise upcoming games.

I’d like to see it display how long is been since we won a game, so every member of the squad and coaching staff who arrive at work get reminded of the fact that our current performance is unacceptable. They need to own this crap. And they should be bloody embarrassed.

We currently sit at 290 days since a competitive win, including FFA cup.

We need to stop focusing on the positive parts to our performances, and realise that the negative parts are loosing us games, and have shown no level of improvement.

When we have control of the tempo of the match, we actually look ok. But when that control gets taken away from us, our defensive lines fall apart, our runs off the ball dissapear and our passing is rushed and ineffective. Our corner kicks are still diabolical. We still have too few people following through to the box when wingers make a break.

We need to learn to play under pressure. And every training session should have at least 1 hour of contested set piece practice until Christmas, it is purely unacceptable that corner kicks continuously fail to get into the right areas.

Wombat

The second goal was a deadset howler and he could have saved the 1st. True about the scoring part. We were excellent for the first 5 minutes and Weemac should have scored but then we just went to water.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Our club is absolutely f**ked. We have a coaching team who have not been held accountable for their lack of performance for years. A main coach who, yet again, appears to not know what he's doing and has this idea of what should happen which isn't translating to the field.

Our best squad in years consists largely of has-beens and this pretence of 'bring back the mongrel'....f**k the mongrel, bring back the wins. Can't have mongrel if you're the joke of the league and getting beat every week, and mongrel will never win games when you have attackers who don't know what a goal looks like, defenders who don't know what an opponent looks like and midfielders who are either playing out of position or don't know how to link up our leaky, distracted backline to our headless chicken front line.

And yet this is the best squad in years.

So what else is it? Are we over paying our players and getting less bang for our buck? Sure, we improved this year - but so did everyone else. So on paper, arguably we're at the same level, relative to every other team, that we were last year.

Look at the quality of some other teams, and the NPL squad we have, and one can only wonder - how on earth did we manage to fill the salary cap with this garbage? Or how are other teams fielding such better squads with the same salary cap (marquees aside - and don't even get me started on MV's million dollar+ gift from the FFA)?? How is it that we're finally spending the cap, and still feel like we'd struggle in NPL??

This seems to be a big issue. I don't think any amount of coaching will get this team competitive. 'Professional' players don't know how to pass, cross, shoot, or mark.

One also wonders what other clubs have behind the scenes that we don't.

On a side note, Fox Sports can go get f**ked. They showed a video of Simon's foot stomp with the headline 'Matt Simon up to his old tricks'. Disgusting bias against CCM, same shit we're used to. Other players don't get that disrespect.

Simon has a reputation for being dirty, but he's received 1 RC in his old career. So how is a 'stomp' 'up to his old tricks'? Incompetent, biased idiots.

Here's a horrifying thought: As said before, no club has had a worse season start than we have. This is the season everything is meant to change, yet we've broken another record for underperforming.

Over the last 3-4 seasons we've had ordinary starts, but each of the first 4-5 games we've been screwed over by the refereeing. Each game we've had 1-2 clear, match-changing decisions that have gone against us. Penalties inexplicably not given, that sort of thing. Even the VAR hasn't helped that. That's not being one-eyed - it's been a fact of the first few rounds, we've just copped it hard. And a lot of those games have been defined by as many goals as there has been big, wrong decisions against us. Now, we've had that in previous seasons and still started off okay.
This season, we haven't had that - in fact, VAR has even worked in our favour (astonishingly). I know some are arguing Clisby's foul wasn't a penalty last week - but even if I were to entertain that, it actually doesn't change this argument. So, we haven't had our first 4-5 games drawn/lost attributable to the referee. This time, it's all on us.
Better coach, better team. And we are much, much worse. How is that possible??

Although as for 'better team' - the only goalscorer we have is McCormack, who (another has-been) hasn't done a single useful thing this season. We managed to not fix the main problem from last season.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The second goal was a deadset howler and he could have saved the 1st. True about the scoring part. We were excellent for the first 5 minutes and Weemac should have scored but then we just went to water.
Ben Kennedy is f**ked. He's an absolute f**king dog. He's gotta be on the take, surely.
Watching the highlights, can't believe how much he was fumbling the ball. That 2nd goal, absolutely no reason for the ball to leave his hands. But it does - so in that situation, DIVE ON THE f**kING THING AGAIN YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT

Instead he sort of falls to the side. No, you piss-poor excuse for a goalkeeper. Dive AT the ball. Get kicked in the head, who cares, just do something useful. I could say I've never seen a worse example of keeping in my life, but the reality is I've never seen a worse example of keeping since last week.

I mean, we have this Tom H rubbish, whatever the heck is going on. The claim is that he's being held off the team for underperforming. That's utter BS, we all know it. How do you keep our best player off the field for non-existent underperformance while fielding Kennedy every week?
That fact alone shows that Mulvey is lying to us all. We deserve an honest explanation on what's happening. It's the CCM equivalent of MC keeping Fornarolli off the field - but because we're CCM, nobody is talking about it. But I feel like the club is treating us all with contempt over this.
And it's not hard to find other underperforming players. Golec seems to be joining Kennedy in hitting up the put before the game, yet he still gets game time over Tom H.

We're never going to stop losing while Kennedy is on the field. And while Kennedy is still our starting keeper - #MulveyOut - because if you keep starting that useless turd, then you have no idea what you're doing.

And Nash? f**k off. Please.

Offsider

well, its all been said , so i cant add anything ..except , it never occured to me that half the problems for the shit might be down to Monty,wouldn't be the first time we had a assistant with no fkn clue, not every great player makes a a great manager / Coach
didnt Walmsley change the fkn lineup every week so they had no cohesion or was it Moss...
I cant see Mulveys theory here, his running out of time to set things in cement, although the cement should been dry at round 1
you cant keep experimenting this far into the year....maybe his waiting for Gameiro and Aspro then we will be set ...but i fear that will be too late, way too late
and yes i did a #MulveyOut tweet last night (or maybe two) but i was just fkn annoyed ....but you can see why there getting tweeted

I dont get the Melling / Tommy H saga ....that shits just inexplicable

Before cement can set you need all the ingrediants into the mix .........

Gameiro and aspro are two key ingredients I should imagine and they are not in yet ..........

It was always too late and destined to fail with the original cement recipe mc set mm to mix into a solid product at little cost.

At least the changes will be very noticeable from here .......... there is no further down than losing ugly. Unless of course everybody gives in and the score lines get uglier.
One of the advantages I have is that the situation is exactly as I expected it in the first instance ......... when everybody was bagging me for my negativity .......... remember ???? All the platitudes about the team looking stronger than last season blah blah blah.

The truth of the pudding is in the eating isn’t it ??? ........

I blame mc ......... like I did in the first instance .......... but I also recognise that he tried to remedy it with two too late signings.

Take something positive out of the season. Put $10 on a multi each week .......... ccm to lose, +2.5 goals, only one team to score.

Cheers:cheers:

Big Al

Kennedy jumped over the ball for the second goal.

He made regulation saves. Any keeper should make.

He did well coming out. Oh hang on he almost got chipped by Reira. Lucky he saved that with a good reflex jump save.

Offsider

Our club is absolutely f**ked. We have a coaching team who have not been held accountable for their lack of performance for years. A main coach who, yet again, appears to not know what he's doing and has this idea of what should happen which isn't translating to the field.

Our best squad in years consists largely of has-beens and this pretence of 'bring back the mongrel'....f**k the mongrel, bring back the wins. Can't have mongrel if you're the joke of the league and getting beat every week, and mongrel will never win games when you have attackers who don't know what a goal looks like, defenders who don't know what an opponent looks like and midfielders who are either playing out of position or don't know how to link up our leaky, distracted backline to our headless chicken front line.

And yet this is the best squad in years.

So what else is it? Are we over paying our players and getting less bang for our buck? Sure, we improved this year - but so did everyone else. So on paper, arguably we're at the same level, relative to every other team, that we were last year.

Look at the quality of some other teams, and the NPL squad we have, and one can only wonder - how on earth did we manage to fill the salary cap with this garbage? Or how are other teams fielding such better squads with the same salary cap (marquees aside - and don't even get me started on MV's million dollar+ gift from the FFA)?? How is it that we're finally spending the cap, and still feel like we'd struggle in NPL??

This seems to be a big issue. I don't think any amount of coaching will get this team competitive. 'Professional' players don't know how to pass, cross, shoot, or mark.

One also wonders what other clubs have behind the scenes that we don't.

On a side note, Fox Sports can go get f**ked. They showed a video of Simon's foot stomp with the headline 'Matt Simon up to his old tricks'. Disgusting bias against CCM, same shit we're used to. Other players don't get that disrespect.

Simon has a reputation for being dirty, but he's received 1 RC in his old career. So how is a 'stomp' 'up to his old tricks'? Incompetent, biased idiots.

Here's a horrifying thought: As said before, no club has had a worse season start than we have. This is the season everything is meant to change, yet we've broken another record for underperforming.

Over the last 3-4 seasons we've had ordinary starts, but each of the first 4-5 games we've been screwed over by the refereeing. Each game we've had 1-2 clear, match-changing decisions that have gone against us. Penalties inexplicably not given, that sort of thing. Even the VAR hasn't helped that. That's not being one-eyed - it's been a fact of the first few rounds, we've just copped it hard. And a lot of those games have been defined by as many goals as there has been big, wrong decisions against us. Now, we've had that in previous seasons and still started off okay.
This season, we haven't had that - in fact, VAR has even worked in our favour (astonishingly). I know some are arguing Clisby's foul wasn't a penalty last week - but even if I were to entertain that, it actually doesn't change this argument. So, we haven't had our first 4-5 games drawn/lost attributable to the referee. This time, it's all on us.
Better coach, better team. And we are much, much worse. How is that possible??

Although as for 'better team' - the only goalscorer we have is McCormack, who (another has-been) hasn't done a single useful thing this season. We managed to not fix the main problem from last season.

Agree with all except for the simon comments. He might have only one red but he had countless yellows for just doing what he did like stomping on a foot.......... jumping into collisions with elbows out for max damage ........... he is an embarrassment to the sport only second to muscat to my mind.
Doesn’t give a toss like his offside calls yesterday.

Big Al

Agree with all except for the simon comments. He might have only one red but he had countless yellows for just doing what he did like stomping on a foot.......... jumping into collisions with elbows out for max damage ........... he is an embarrassment to the sport only second to muscat to my mind.
Simon.
5 offsides. Less than 1 a game - he is equal 10th worst in the league. Keogh leads with 10

2 yellow cards. Equal 12th with half the league. Van linden from SFC has 4 to lead the league

So not a lot to me offy

However he has 17 fouls. Equal 3rd with brandan ONeill from SFC. Baccas WSW leads with 19

You might think they’ve been worse or they maybe should of got more cards but he hasn’t. As the captain and certainly at home he gets a bit of extra leeway

Antlion

The old solace of 'it can't get any worse' is not reliable in this age. Each week it does get worse.

This was the most winnable game we've been in in like forever. If we played the with the lineup we did last week, and/or played the same way, we'd have flogged a totally useless wanderers team. Instead we lost justifiably:TO A TERRIBLE TEAM.

I had hope of at least 2 wins with phoenix coming up and then ideally some momentum for a bit more but if we can't win last nights game then we really are anchored to the bottom of the ladder deservingly.

We need stability to build into the season - that means pick our most effective formation so far and play our best players on the field for several weeks in a row. At least then the team could work themselves and their own gelling out. Sure it means that our preseason gets played as the first third of the season but at least we'd start to function. As it is we are STILL at the beginning of our preseason in terms of development and not looking like improving in any way.

If at the end of last season you had to guess the worst case scenario - this would be it. I fell very sorry for Shaun et al. who must be banging their heads against the wall. Their efforts and ingenuity off the field has been first class and this is how they repeatedly get rewarded.

JoyfulPenguin

I don't like Simon's verbal abuse of players and officials but I don't think he ever goes out to intentionally hurt players like Muscat did. He is a physical player who fights hard for every ball and gets over enthusiastic sometimes.

JoyfulPenguin

The old solace of 'it can't get any worse' is not reliable in this age. Each week it does get worse.

This was the most winnable game we've been in in like forever. If we played the with the lineup we did last week, and/or played the same way, we'd have flogged a totally useless wanderers team. Instead we lost justifiably:TO A TERRIBLE TEAM.

I had hope of at least 2 wins with phoenix coming up and then ideally some momentum for a bit more but if we can't win last nights game then we really are anchored to the bottom of the ladder deservingly.

We need stability to build into the season - that means pick our most effective formation so far and play our best players on the field for several weeks in a row. At least then the team could work themselves and their own gelling out. Sure it means that our preseason gets played as the first third of the season but at least we'd start to function. As it is we are STILL at the beginning of our preseason in terms of development and not looking like improving in any way.

If at the end of last season you had to guess the worst case scenario - this would be it. I fell very sorry for Shaun et al. who must be banging their heads against the wall. Their efforts and ingenuity off the field has been first class and this is how they repeatedly get rewarded.
I love Shaun and think he has done a terrific job with the business, customer service and engagement side of our club. But does he have to start being accountable for 3 failed coaches under his watch now? Aren't he and Charlesworth in charge of choosing our manager?

Offsider

Simon.
5 offsides. Less than 1 a game - he is equal 10th worst in the league. Keogh leads with 10

2 yellow cards. Equal 12th with half the league. Van linden from SFC has 4 to lead the league

So not a lot to me offy

However he has 17 fouls. Equal 3rd with brandan ONeill from SFC. Baccas WSW leads with 19

You might think they’ve been worse or they maybe should of got more cards but he hasn’t. As the captain and certainly at home he gets a bit of extra leeway

That’s compared to players with a lot more minutes this season. There were two offsides against wsw and one was just because he was still coming back on side minutes after ....... that is bullshit to my mind and an attitude that reflects he is not leading by example.

Don’t buy extra leeway for anybody ....... either a foul or not.

I replayed the alleged wsw stomp a number of times. :tv:The fox 4hd is spectacular and it clearly shows a stomp and the body language to support it.

The match performances are a reflection on his leadership as far as I am concerned ......... ok I withdraw that remark at the risk of sounding like a politician ...........:thumbup:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The stomp was deplorable and I'm amazed he wasn't sent - I wouldn't be surprised if he has to face the MRP. Having said that, usually he's just a bit annoying to opponents. Grubby I could accept, but he doesn't tend to commit serious fouls or actually try to hurt anybody. So yeah, I do feel like his reputation is somewhat undeserved.

turbo

when everybody was bagging me for my negativity

When it was apparent we decided Simon was the answer to our goal scoring troubles I was really disappointed, the late signing of Ross made me hope maybe he’d work his magic like he did at city and we’d be dangerous from set pieces but that hasn’t eventuated. I think the fault that MC has - provided he didn’t force any of our signings - is not putting the money in the pool early to buy a team rather than a few players.

But what I find really concerning is that there’s a whole lot us armchair critics agree on and question yet we persist with strange choices and game plans. There’s either some major stuff the club is withholding or some bad decision making occurring. I get that coaches need to back their plans but when the casual obvserver can see some glaring issues surely the professionals can too. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Tom is on the outer for calling out some of that stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred