• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R3 CCM v ZADS PERF LADS ,,,,,,,,,, don't stuff it up

true believer

Balard is absolutely the player we want there and I feel many are writing him off way too early. Bloke was best on park against Sydney in the cup, and his introduction into the team last year at the expense of #WheresOllie gave us much more mobility and verticality (as mick said) in the middle of the park which directly lead (not a coincidence) to an upturn in our results. Does a hell of a lot of work that goes unnoticed/unappreciated.
i definitely sticking with balard

scottmac

Suspended
i definitely sticking with balard
In saying this, Balard deserves his spot on last season, however if we do sign Jordan Lyndon (is that his name?) does that type of player take his spot if he gets a chance? Do we continue with Niz and kids in such an important role? Looking at the teams and games since season kick off, the midfield looks to be the defining positing between all teams. Can we afford to continue as we are?

Who and what position do we replace Kuol with? Midfield? Wing? Defence?

priorpeter

In saying this, Balard deserves his spot on last season, however if we do sign Jordan Lyndon (is that his name?) does that type of player take his spot if he gets a chance? Do we continue with Niz and kids in such an important role? Looking at the teams and games since season kick off, the midfield looks to be the defining positing between all teams. Can we afford to continue as we are?

Who and what position do we replace Kuol with? Midfield? Wing? Defence?
I feel calling Balard just a kid is doing him a bit of a disservice (in spite of the fact that he is very much a kid haha). He’s grown into the role fantastically and in the Cup game against Sydney played like someone with 100+ games under his belt.

as for Kuol - do we replace him? With Moresche to come back in Jan, we’ll have a fairly stacked front third with Ayongo, Cummings, Ruhs, Silvera, Beni, Tulio, and Moresche all competing for spots, as well as Jok, Bayliss, Kuzevski (who has been used as a winger for much of pre season), and Segreto also all registered in the squad.

scottmac

Suspended
I feel calling Balard just a kid is doing him a bit of a disservice (in spite of the fact that he is very much a kid haha). He’s grown into the role fantastically and in the Cup game against Sydney played like someone with 100+ games under his belt.

as for Kuol - do we replace him? With Moresche to come back in Jan, we’ll have a fairly stacked front third with Ayongo, Cummings, Ruhs, Silvera, Beni, Tulio, and Moresche all competing for spots, as well as Jok, Bayliss, Kuzevski (who has been used as a winger for much of pre season), and Segreto also all registered in the squad.
I mean, if Moresche comes back this year we lose an international signing yeah. Depending on where we lose that signing from, without a replacement, we are short somewhere. Moresche, Nkololo, John, Kaltak, Tulio, Ayongo......1 too many and they are all first 17 really. Does Kaltak just drop out? If he does are we short at the back, or in the middle? If it's Nkololo are we short on the wing? Do we have the cover for any of them in the academy or scholarship signings? Not sure.
Ballard is a kid. He's got 1yr under his belt. Calling him anything else is saying he's not at the level he should be. Next year he won't be a kid and won't get away with the performance he put in last weekend.

FFC Mariner

Great post. Not a single mention of a CDM anywhere.
:)

scottmac

Suspended
Thought Beni was very flat in NZ - wouldnt be surprised to see him swapped out for Garang.

Hall in for Kaltak is a no brainer
Can't wait to see John and Hall next to each other. Could they hide Garang for a bit seeing as Perth were overly physical last week? Beni was definitely flat last week. In fact he started last year very flat too.
Anyone have some info on Tulios fitness level?

Ironbark

Perth will be desperate to win after 2 losses so I expect a measured start to the game.

I'd rather see us burst out of the blocks to get on top straight away but think it unlikely this early in our season.

turbo

Does anyone know what the parking situation is at the station? Do they open the boom gates on game day ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred