• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R3 CCM v ZADS PERF LADS ,,,,,,,,,, don't stuff it up

midfielder

Marco Tulio...????? signed 19 Sep.... said to be huge signing... any one got info re training, fitness etc...

Tevor

Kurt Ams...ref'd 19 games for us of which we've won 6.
We have a worst record with Jonathon Barreiro, 1 win from 15 games he has officiated and when you look at that hand ball against the Nix it perfectly sums up the terrible record. And the soft yellows he gave some of our players.

scottmac

Suspended
Not mobile enough to be a Monty 6
If he sits a tad deeper and frees Niz just a bit would this be a concern? I agree with what you've said, however Niz is now probably undermining his own ability on the ball by him being as mobile as he is for defensive duties. What do you think we'd play like with him next to Niz? Is Kaltaks ball playing ability better than Ballard's or Steele's?

marinermick

If he sits a tad deeper and frees Niz just a bit would this be a concern? I agree with what you've said, however Niz is now probably undermining his own ability on the ball by him being as mobile as he is for defensive duties. What do you think we'd play like with him next to Niz? Is Kaltaks ball playing ability better than Ballard's or Steele's?

The last deep sitting midfielder we had was Stensness. The days of true defensive midfielders are over. Football worldwide has evolved and Monty knows it. If your centre mids are not box-to-box and play with vertically you are behind already.

Niz is the epitome of a modern day centre mid - a busy workrate with an outstanding passing game. Ballard provides even more verticality in his passing but behind Nizz technicality.

Kaltak, Hall, Tongyik, and the various other suggestions I have heard for centre midfield on this forum, don’t have enough of these qualities.

scottmac

Suspended
The last deep sitting midfielder we had was Stensness. The days of true defensive midfielders are over. Football worldwide has evolved and Monty knows it. If your centre mids are not box-to-box and play with vertically you are behind already.

Niz is the epitome of a modern day centre mid - a busy workrate with an outstanding passing game. Ballard provides even more verticality in his passing but behind Nizz technicality.

Kaltak, Hall, Tongyik, and the various other suggestions I have heard for centre midfield on this forum, don’t have enough of these qualities.
Yeah I should be judging these guys against Stensness like you've suggested. Niz needs another mobile mid. Not a liability.

priorpeter

Balard is absolutely the player we want there and I feel many are writing him off way too early. Bloke was best on park against Sydney in the cup, and his introduction into the team last year at the expense of #WheresOllie gave us much more mobility and verticality (as mick said) in the middle of the park which directly lead (not a coincidence) to an upturn in our results. Does a hell of a lot of work that goes unnoticed/unappreciated.

FFC Mariner

Balard is absolutely the player we want there and I feel many are writing him off way too early. Bloke was best on park against Sydney in the cup, and his introduction into the team last year at the expense of #WheresOllie gave us much more mobility and verticality (as mick said) in the middle of the park which directly lead (not a coincidence) to an upturn in our results. Does a hell of a lot of work that goes unnoticed/unappreciated.
Maybe if he took more shots........................

scottmac

Suspended
Yeah it's definitely hard to remember past a last performance in this gig for fans. Such a long off season which must be hard for a young player coming off their first full season. We all know his quality and he does deserve a full second season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred