• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R26: 41st F3Derby + Legends match

Ancient Mariner

Well that was much better. I'm not drawing any conclusions from the fact that we didnt score any own goals, have anyone sent off, played sensibly and actually won a game......and the fact that McGing wasnt playing.

Izzo 7....... looks alot more complete that Ivan and didn't conceed from a freekick tonight.
Storm 7......much better today
Galloway 8.5. had a wow of a game.
Harry 7.5. You're a wizard Harry! (google it). So much better tonight. Enjoyed the Jets lack of teeth and the time they allowed him.
Rose 7.5. Good game. far more switched on than last week.
Appiah 7.5. Probably his best game of the season and worth keeping as a squaddie on that form.
Monty 9.5 MOM. What a top game. Was spreading the ball like Beckham tonight. Awesome. MUST be resigned for next season.
Berry 7.5. His best game of the year. Can't shoot for shit but a very solid game
Fab 7.5. Quality finish. Looked very good tonight.
Pain 6. Cartman worked hard and made things happen but his decision making is poor. Just needs to calm down and the goals and assists will come.
Royo 5.5. Poor tonight.

3pts Monty
2pts Galloway
1pt. Fab and Appiah.

Watch the replay and see if you want to change some of those scores. I do not know where you were watching from but you usually wait until after the replay. I was in front of Fox and saw things slightly differently.
Izzo did not concede from a free kick but was packing death, watch him in the lead up to the free kick. If it had been on target he would have been half an hour late.
Storm probably had his best game since his injury, saved our bacon quite a few times and showed he can defend and organise his winger in defence as well. I would give 7.5 to 8
Galloway agree.
Rose showed he is definitely in his right position. 8
Appiah, agree improving all the time.
Monty, awesome.
Berry, worked his butt off, best game. 8
Fab, looked good, worked hard, caused problems but could not time a pass or make a cross. You are generous but I would also give 7.5 for effort.
Pain agree but would give 6.5.
Royo, I thought was good tonight but it just did not happen. If he had scored from the half volley on the cross or the back heel (a la Pondeljac) Arnie would have been chasing him. Worked his butt off and was tireless in defence. He was available (and on side) on many of the breaks but did not receive the pass (see Fab above). Positioning was excellent and was closed down a couple of times by great defence in the 2ndhalf (Boogard was not that good with us). He did not score on a night when he could have had three but I would still give him 7.

One other question on the ref. How does Hoffman continually get away with murder.

Wombat

Thanks AM. watched from bay 17 so not the best view and havent seen any tv replays.
Just regarding Roy.....if he puts away any of his easy-ish chances away and his score changes dramatically. Fab's finish was what Roy should have been doing.

Big Al

Cartman oh my in tears.

I was watching Stormy save our bacon a few times by actually getting back, being goal side and showing effort. Thought of Wombat straight away and thought he will enjoy the replay. Was down our end in first half a couple of times. Enjoy the replay and shows why he was signed. He finally has a good game and it was when it mattered.

Ashcroft played well IMO, we seemed to breakup up there attacks very easily.
We won the midfield

We did loose control in the last 15mins and I thought we were dying for a sub, just to break up the play. The boys were out on there feet which was a worry. Maybe Paulo was waiting for them to score a goal.
Ashcroft I think or pain not sure having a nap with 5 or 10 to go was needed. The boys were sucking in the big ones.

Was there a drinks break in the first half? What for

Enjoyed the walk back to the car in the pooring rain, then thought I'd had my car stolen, just went in car park at wrong entrance. Dumbarse.

How good to see Paulo hug Shaun at the end in the pooring rain.

Come on Sydney make them suffer some more as we aren't safe yet

Forum Phoenix

Everything is right with the world again. FFC is right, Jets facebook page is AMAZINGLY good value.

Great game. So good to see us consistently hitting the feet of our own players at last. Still could do much better with the final ball but our defence was vastly improved, Ascroft and Roux both really stepped up a gear and Galloway and Rose were both very good again.

Monty MOM. How can you not offer him a contract? I think we'll hear some good rumours soon. Appiah has also earned another contract imho.

true believer

Well that was much better. I'm not drawing any conclusions from the fact that we didnt score any own goals, have anyone sent off, played sensibly and actually won a game......and the fact that McGing wasnt playing.

Izzo 7....... looks alot more complete that Ivan and didn't conceed from a freekick tonight.
Storm 7......much better today
Galloway 8.5. had a wow of a game.
Harry 7.5. You're a wizard Harry! (google it). So much better tonight. Enjoyed the Jets lack of teeth and the time they allowed him.
Rose 7.5. Good game. far more switched on than last week.
Appiah 7.5. Probably his best game of the season and worth keeping as a squaddie on that form.
Monty 9.5 MOM. What a top game. Was spreading the ball like Beckham tonight. Awesome. MUST be resigned for next season.
Berry 7.5. His best game of the year. Can't shoot for shit but a very solid game
Fab 7.5. Quality finish. Looked very good tonight.
Pain 6. Cartman worked hard and made things happen but his decision making is poor. Just needs to calm down and the goals and assists will come.
Royo 5.5. Poor tonight.

3pts Monty
2pts Galloway
1pt. Fab and Appiah.
pain was much better than 6 or 6.5 in context of the game i have him 7.5 to 8

pjennings

Watch the replay and see if you want to change some of those scores. I do not know where you were watching from but you usually wait until after the replay. I was in front of Fox and saw things slightly differently.
Izzo did not concede from a free kick but was packing death, watch him in the lead up to the free kick. If it had been on target he would have been half an hour late.
Storm probably had his best game since his injury, saved our bacon quite a few times and showed he can defend and organise his winger in defence as well. I would give 7.5 to 8
Galloway agree.
Rose showed he is definitely in his right position. 8
Appiah, agree improving all the time.
Monty, awesome.
Berry, worked his butt off, best game. 8
Fab, looked good, worked hard, caused problems but could not time a pass or make a cross. You are generous but I would also give 7.5 for effort.
Pain agree but would give 6.5.
Royo, I thought was good tonight but it just did not happen. If he had scored from the half volley on the cross or the back heel (a la Pondeljac) Arnie would have been chasing him. Worked his butt off and was tireless in defence. He was available (and on side) on many of the breaks but did not receive the pass (see Fab above). Positioning was excellent and was closed down a couple of times by great defence in the 2ndhalf (Boogard was not that good with us). He did not score on a night when he could have had three but I would still give him 7.

One other question on the ref. How does Hoffman continually get away with murder.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Just on Roy, Pain and Fab made many breaks down the left with two players on them and Roy was all alone in the middle with not a Jet in sight. If they had found him even half the time we would have had a blowout but they either didn't see or crossed straight to Duncan. To his credit Roy kept on making the runs.

Atomic

Not sure which of you it is that works with jets fans, but have a great day
I think it's FFC that works in Newcastle.
But I also work with a Jets fan. I'm desparately awaiting the results from next week to confirm they have the wooden spoon. I intend to present it to him, saying "this belongs to you... you left it in Gosford last season, but you're the rightful owner".

Big Al

Izzo tweeted that this was his last home game.
Saw him and a couple of others clapping genuinely the fans before walking down the tunnel, fittingly most of the crowd had there backs turned headed for cover.

He has the capability to be a good keeper, if he can get some better coaching on walls and free kicks

Pirate Pete

Izzo tweeted that this was his last home game.
9glj54.jpg

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL....I stand corrected, how about that for a last home game/derby....fark moi , the boyz were on fire
I will cudo everybody cause I dont wanna play favourites
my personal MOMs were Conor, Monty, (Your a wizard) Harry, and Scotty galloway...with El Flecha getting a honorable mention (he must of been playing for his job)....NOW, didnt the video ref work beautifully?....NO because that raging f**tard wouldnt use it OR refused to listen to the VR OR the video ref was playing fkn tetris and missed BOTH fkn blatant handballs....I can see that technology costing championships Mr Gallop (you twat)
the scummers were diabolically bad, I can imagine the Jets FB page will be blaming Laurie and saying he was a plant by the Mariners to destroy the club or some such paranoid malarky
2 great goals , some bonz team effort , a resounding win...then we got rained on...just another home game in Gossie
OH and the legends game was a bit of fun , just a bit

upwards and onwards Musc**ts Mexicans next week

Last edited:

Timmah

For what it's worth I thought Izzo was fantastic last night. Jets didn't press him much but when he was needed he was good. Hopefully BK will find some form.

LFCMariners

Well...

I convinced a fellow Mariners fan from way back to come up from the North Shore for the game, and another friend to join us. He's lived up here a couple of years now but never been to a game before, so I figured what better match for him to lose his CCM v plates to than the F3D?

Glad I extended the invite. Not only did we get the win (as I predicted), but we scored free tickets from a contact of ours as well.

Not sure if CCM played well or the Jest were that awful, as I haven't watched a full replay. But it seemed that our defence- especially in the midfield, was akin to a claw grabbing onto the ball whenever they tried to move it up-field. Even at 2-0 the scoreline flattered them, and if the officials had bothered to use the VR (and with better execution) it could easily have been 4-0 in this one. I'm wondering if the Jest players are actively trying to get Jones sacked, because some of their attempts on goal were so bad it was like they were trying NOT to score...

All up though, I'm glad that CCM last night showed they are definitely better than last place. How fitting that virtually as soon as the final whistle blew, it started to piss down and the gale blew!

My friend enjoyed his first match experience, partly because of my other mates' constant yelling out abuse at the refs/ players and partly because of the chants going on in Bay 16 where we stood. He sounds keen to return so I'm hoping his patronage will be rewarded with improved performances next season once more...

Oh and just remember:

They've got 3 and we've got 1! :piralaugh:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

it sure did. I was impressed at how vocal the crowd was too. Some chants went around the entire stadium, which just wowed me.
It's amazing that so much passion and excitement was generated given all the crap the fans have been through.
And i also can't help but think that the club themselves deserve a lot of credit - they've been working hard to step up their engagement and I just think that's been huge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred