• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R25 Roar away

bikinigirl

The squad and the mistakes are the same ones we've seen scattered throughout the season. It's been accepted most of this campaign we lack the quality cattle to match it with the big teams and that happened yesterday.

. my main issue was not the mistakes or the 'cattle' as such ... it is just that they were so easily broken - all of them*. That says more about the person than just their age or abilities (or coaching maybe)

Yes - the performance was unacceptable but it's Round 25, a number of players have nothing to play for at CCM anymore and we can't make finals.

. and if that is the case it just reinforces my point

. Monty has been busting his arse through three years of this shit - on Sunday's performance it seems the rest of them* can't even motivate themselves after conceding a goal ... and that is how they play when trying to save a career (here or elsewhere)?

* there are always exceptions to every rule, but that doesn't disprove the generalisation

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

No one is saying Okon out.
After being humiliated in Brisbane he deserves some questions.
My one would be.....who is training/teaching the defence?
That would be former Melbourne Knights NSL defender and FFA Skills Acquisition Coach Ivan Jolic.
I think Okon has been a good choice for the club as he comes with the support of the Australian coaching mafia and the football media. Imagine how brutal they would have been with one of Arry's picks for coach with our table position atm. The goodwill can only last so long however.

Wombat

That would be former Melbourne Knights NSL defender and FFA Skills Acquisition Coach Ivan Jolic.
I think Okon has been a good choice for the club as he comes with the support of the Australian coaching mafia and the football media. Imagine how brutal they would have been with one of Arry's picks for coach with our table position atm. The goodwill can only last so long however.

How true is that.

Coach

Fairly close to the best comment ever added to these pages. Additionally Wombat and I agree. The Golden Generation won't criticize their own and the coaching mafia remain silent. It starts to get very worrying when we are losing players with little mention of players coming our way. I really hope our inability to attract a quality CB in the transfer window was not a precursor to our situation going forward, rumour has it players from Roar, Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne City all turned down approaches from our Gaffer. He is looking overseas because it seems no quality player wants to come here from existing A-League stocks. Wonder why?

JoyfulPenguin

I thought Berry did pretty well in the first half and dropped in between the lines well. He seems good technically but he isn't ready physically to start. From 46th minute he was dead.

We had no one the bench to replace him. Okon got the subs wrong because he had literally no options to replace players in the midfield. An NPL pickup in January could have been useful this game.

Disappointed that Steve Whyte didn't get a run but Mickey Neill had the most energy I have seen him have when he came on. Paolo has definitely let him know that he will struggle for a contract.

Neither Appiah/Buhagiar or Pain helped out the full backs in the second half when they had been in the first half. Was extremely dumb for Pain and Appiah not to be tracking back after Fabio's goal.

We scrambled well but Ascroft and Galloway had absolutely no communication which caused their positioning to be horrendous a constantly forced undue pressure onto each other. Necevski had some nervy moments and should have done better for the first and fourth goal, but when his defence performed to an A-League standard I thought he did pretty well.

scottmac

Suspended
..........The goodwill can only last so long however.

I don't agree. We won't see the best he could do here until the end of next season and into the 18-19 season. He hasn't even had a pre season at this club. Ive said early on when he was brought in he must have time. Our results this year should not change that. I just wish we could judge him against all the other teams but unless our financial position changes that will never happen.
Next year he will have had a pre season with a team that is now moderately his. Some of his signings will obviously come in late or not until January. Once 18-19 rolls around the team will be his and those of the players that have stayed will be completely familiar with what he is asking them to do and what is expected.
He needs to be given time.

pjennings

With Paul having his choice of visa players and with the number of players coming off contract, the next three to four months is probably the most important time Paul will have at the Mariners. By next season he will have what is, for all intents and purposes, his own squad. He also will be here for a full preseason.

Wombat

Then Ivan Jolic needs to sharpen his game up in a massive way......or bugger off with the other pretenders at the end of the year

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
With Paul having his choice of visa players and with the number of players coming off contract, the next three to four months is probably the most important time Paul will have at the Mariners. By next season he will have what is, for all intents and purposes, his own squad. He also will be here for a full preseason.
He'll have a squad that he's chosen but won't have spent the time with them to get them around to his way of playing. I bet most of his visa players won't arrive until Jan. It won't be his fault either. It'll be a lack of cash. 2yr contracts and results* required 18-19 or then I'll be upset.

*define results - an even win/loss table.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred